An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ever Had This Happen...

Old_Joe

missionseeker

People call me Christine or Christina a LOT.

Ok... so my older sister is Christina. And I get it from people that know both of us.

But some people only know me. And still call me Christine/a.

And a couple of times I've been Rachael.

Which is *sorta* close to my middle name, but there are only like ... two people I've told my middle name to.

:idontknow:

Cat, that reminds me; lol when my sisters and I are together, only people that have know us for a while will get our names strait. All of our names start with C's and are similar in ending sounds.

edit: messed up on a smilie :sweat:

Edited by Christie_M

People have been butchering my name since my mother gave it to me.

Edited by Maximilianus

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1677628' date='Oct 14 2008, 07:57 PM']I have people call me Cathy. They only do it once. The only one who gets away with it is my mom. She's the only one who scares me too much to correct.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
i absolutely hate it when people shorten my name. the nurse at the ob-gyn did it the other day and i about punched her. my sister is the only one i let get away with it, because she's always done it.

I mispronounced my own last name until I was 16 years old.

Then, one day I realized that I was pronouncing "t" like a "d". It's German, so it's impossible for most people: Is it a long O or a short O, and what are those three consonants in a row supposed to sound like?

I never correct people when they mispronounce it, because I appreciate any effort that's made.

I think Richard* Cheney's name is actually "Chee-nee," but when he first came to DC, everyone called him, "Chay-nee" and he just quit correcting them.

*edit to remove his nickname, which turned into "Johnsonville Brat"

Edited by Lilllabettt