An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can Catholics Back Pro-choice Obama?

Socrates

princessgianna

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1678044' date='Oct 15 2008, 01:13 AM']You mean [size=7]Barack Hussein O'bama?[/size][/quote]

nice :cool: spread the truth sister~!

[quote name='DannyBoy' post='1679844' date='Oct 17 2008, 11:32 AM']Yes We Can...

...end the war in Iraq.

...do better for women, and men, members of underrepresented groups, believers and non-believers, extremists (including Catholic extremists), heretics, the passive minded, families, soldiers, and all people.

...save a nation endebted because of unfortunate, oil driven economic policies.

...do better for Joe six-pack, Joe the plumber by uniting all peoples under a banner of hope and Love. Not haste, and gee golly, not a hockey mom.

...change America for the better.

And Yes, a confirmed, devout Catholic such as I Can exercise my God-given right to vote for the candidate whom I, in conscience and heart believe to have the best chance to unite a nation. A man who is a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and whose faith no one has the right to challenge. Challenge yourselves.

Challenge...and change America![/quote]
Sadly Obama also says, "Yes we can kill the unborn."

Anyone who votes for a pro-abortion candidate is "Catholic" in name only.

Edited by Apotheoun

[quote name='DannyBoy' post='1679844' date='Oct 17 2008, 02:32 PM']And Yes, a confirmed, devout Catholic such as I Can exercise my God-given right to vote for the candidate whom I, in conscience and heart believe to have the best chance to unite a nation. A man who is a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and whose faith no one has the right to challenge. Challenge yourselves.[/quote]

You may be a confirmed Catholic, but if you knowingly vote for Obama, you're not a devout Catholic. Devout Catholics obey God and the Church, yet if they fail in that regard, they repent. The Church has said that anyone who supports abortion wholeheartedly is NOT someone a Catholic should EVER vote for. The ONLY time a Catholic could vote for a pro-abortion candidate is, for example, in the case of 2 pro-abortion candidates where one is more pro-abortion than the other ... let's say one advocates abortion all throughout a pregnancy, while the other advocates it only within the first trimester. Then you'd vote for the latter candidate, as they'd do less damage. And don't give me this croutons about how McCain is anti-life because he's pro-Iraq war and pro-death penalty. Sometimes war is just, and this one may or may not be just (all Benedict XVI and John Paul II did was voice their opinions on the war; they didn't mean it as a binding doctrinal statement). And the death penalty isn't intrinsically evil either -- that's what the Church teaches. But with abortion, there's ABSOLUTELY NO QUESTION as to its immorality! Besides, the number of people who have died in the war is nothing compared to the MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS of babies who have been slaughtered via abortion! I just can't understand why some allegedly orthodox "Catholics" such as yourself can't or won't see that!

I urge you to repent of your intention to vote for Obama and to STOP RECEIVING HOLY COMMUNION until you've repented of this OBJECTIVELY MORTAL SIN via the Sacrament of Penance! You don't want to go to hell, do you?

And let me just say that I have not judged you in any way, shape, or form. All I've judged is your ACTIONS and WARNED you of where they may very well lead you should you choose to continue on your current path.

[quote name='DannyBoy' post='1679844' date='Oct 17 2008, 11:32 AM']Yes We Can...

...end the war in Iraq.[/quote]

How? A pullout as Obama proposes will only make things worse.

[quote]...do better for women, and men, members of underrepresented groups, believers and non-believers, extremists (including Catholic extremists), heretics, the passive minded, families, soldiers, and all people.[/quote]

What does this mean, exactly?

[quote]...save a nation endebted because of unfortunate, oil driven economic policies.[/quote]

"Oil driven economic polices" have nothing to do with the national debt.

[quote]...do better for Joe six-pack, Joe the plumber by uniting all peoples under a banner of hope and Love. Not haste, and gee golly, not a hockey mom.[/quote]

Under a banner of hope and love? Once again, what does this mean, and how does the most liberal member of the Senate propose to do it?

[quote]...change America for the better.[/quote]

Once again, how? Be specific.

[quote]And Yes, a confirmed, devout Catholic such as I Can exercise my God-given right to vote for the candidate whom I, in conscience and heart believe to have the best chance to unite a nation.[/quote]

How will Obama unite us again?

[quote]A man who is a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and whose faith no one has the right to challenge. Challenge yourselves.[/quote]

A man who has said that "bitter people cling to religion" when they're "frustrated"? A man who has said that religion is less about belief and more about culture? I challenge you to show that Obama actually has belief in our Lord.

[quote]Challenge...and change America![/quote]

Change? For the better or for the worse?

If Obama isn't willing to defend the most innocent in our country, who is he willing to defend?

You need to read the [url="http://www.caaction.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=54&Itemid=95"]Voter's Guide for Serious Catholics[/url], from Catholic Answers. It is very instructive in situations like this.

Nick says it well.....

There are several issues that effect life, so of course we shouldn't restrict ourselves to abortion. But, abortion is the [b][i]most serious issue[/i][/b] for it effects life the most directly. As a Catholic, you can debate about economic policies, national defense, and border control. There are positives and negatives from both sides on these issues. But, we also have certain non-negotiables, issues that are objectively or intrinsically evil, issues that we cannot support either directly or indirectly. These are [u]abortion, euthanasia, embryonic stem-cell research, human cloning, and homosexual "marriage." [/u]When both candidates endorse positions contrary to non-negotiable principles, you must choose the candidate who is likely to do the least harm. There's no question who that candidate is.

And let's not forget [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf0XIRZSTt8"]FOCA[/url]. Bottom line, Obama is for change. A change that is so horrific that it will look like hell.

Edited by jmjtina