An Old School Catholic Message Board

School House Rocks!

Azriel

There may have already been a thread on this, but I'm too lazy to find it.

My Daughter, the infamous, Bean, is absolutely loving watching School House Rock, and she's not quite 5. And I gotta say, I'm thoroughly enjoying watching them with her.

As someone who can still sing the "Interjection" Song after all these years, I think that SHR is probably some of the best edu-tainment TV that was ever designed, and yeah, the songs just rock! Very little of it seems dated, and the combo of music and learning was just impeccable.

So, have you seen them? Did you live them? Do you remember Saturday mornings with them? If you didn't grow up with them, have you seen them?

homeschoolmom

I grew up with them ("As your body grows bigger, your mind grows flowers... It's great to learn, cuz knowledge is POWER!")

I bought the VHS version when HSdaughter was about Bean's age.... my kids still like 'em. I wish we had the dvds, but I can't justify it in our budget.

Oh I totally remember watching them in language arts class in both elementary school and middle school. "Conjunction junction, what's your function?" In third grade watched the one on multiplication tables in math class. Then, during my senior year of high school watched this one for government class. One part in that episode was really funny because at the part where they sang "...and the persuit of happiness" we saw this cartoon guy start chasing this woman.

Wow what a great idea!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that loves this stuff. I'm fairly certain I can diagram a sentence today because of Grammar Rock.

"Lolly Lolly Lolly, get your adverbs here!"

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1678220' date='Oct 15 2008, 10:46 AM']I grew up with them ("As your body grows bigger, your mind grows flowers... It's great to learn, cuz knowledge is POWER!")

I bought the VHS version when HSdaughter was about Bean's age.... my kids still like 'em. I wish we had the dvds, but I can't justify it in our budget.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
it's on [url="http://www.amazon.com/Schoolhouse-Rock-Special-30th-Anniversary/dp/B00005JKTY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1224107638&sr=8-1"]Amazon[/url] for $14.99:

[b]In one smart, comprehensive 2-disc set, all 46 songs and plenty of extras are collected.[/b]

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1678364' date='Oct 15 2008, 03:59 PM']OoooOOoooo... I could add this to my birthday wish list... :drool:[/quote]

It's well worth it...

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1678343' date='Oct 15 2008, 05:12 PM']:guitar: There are TEN... TEN COMMANDMENTS![/quote]

one on the seven sacraments

papal infallibility (have to get more creative about that one)