An Old School Catholic Message Board

School House Rocks!

Azriel

homeschoolmom
:guitar: "There's a guy who you should know... we used to call him Joe. But now he sits in the papal chair... and has a tough row to hoe......

He's Infallible BEN! (When he speaks about the faith)
Infallible BEN! (when teachin' about morals)

Infallible BEN... he's infallible when....

<spoken> Papal infallibility doesn't mean that the pope is always right about everything he says. He can't predict who will win the Superbowl with certainty or tell someone with papal authority that he needs to get a haircut... no....

:guitar: He's infallible when teachin' or even when he's preachin' about morals or about our faith and then...

He's Infallible BEN!"

They defined my generation. I remember the first year they came out on Satruday along with Land of the Lost. We never had 24 hour cartoon networks to watch cartoons. It was Saturday mornings and a little bit after school. We actually had to go out and play when they were over.

Also the Halloween and Christmas shows came on a Monday night on CBS and if you missed Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown or Rudolph then you had to wait until next year.

I know the preamble and how a bill becomes a law and countig 5s and VERBs etc. from SHR. I bought the DVD for my kids and they love it and I must admit I get nostalgic as well when we watch it.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1678929' date='Oct 16 2008, 08:59 AM']:guitar: "There's a guy who you should know... we used to call him Joe. But now he sits in the papal chair... and has a tough row to hoe......

He's Infallible BEN! (When he speaks about the faith)
Infallible BEN! (when teachin' about morals)

Infallible BEN... he's infallible when....

<spoken> Papal infallibility doesn't mean that the pope is always right about everything he says. He can't predict who will win the Superbowl with certainty or tell someone with papal authority that he needs to get a haircut... no....

:guitar: He's infallible when teachin' or even when he's preachin' about morals or about our faith and then...

He's Infallible BEN!"[/quote]

You've gotta sell this to Catholic Answers!

Edited by tinytherese

[quote name='Brigid' post='1680284' date='Oct 17 2008, 10:45 PM']SHR was my class's musical in eighth grade. I sang "Interjections" and "Three Is A Magic Number". :))[/quote]

That sounds like a fun musical to perform. :smokey: