An Old School Catholic Message Board

Muslims Demand Own Prayer Room At University

Madame Vengier

Madame Vengier

And we know what happens when Muslims get "stressed". We've already seen this behavior in America, Australia and all across Europe--most especially in England--from Muslim shoppers demanding prayer rooms in malls, to cab drivers refusing to allow customers in their cabs with dogs or alchohol, to cashiers refusing to ring up products such as bacon and beer at the checkout counter, to footbaths in American universities, to crosses removed from multi-faith chapels in public universities, to Muslims demanding special days off for their Islamic holidays, to Muslim nurses in America and Europe refusing to follow universal health protocols by demanding long-sleeved uniforms. The list goes on and on and on. Expect to see it more and more as Muslims declare their superiority over the infidels and our wretched way of life.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The text below is quoted. Sources:
[url="http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24491394-2862,00.html"]http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...94-2862,00.html[/url]
[url="http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/archives/023098.php"]http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/archives/023098.php[/url]

[b]Australia: University's interfaith prayer facilities not good enough; Muslims want their own area:[/b]

This university has already bent over backwards for religious accommodations. But why let them stop now, when there are other demands to be made? "Muslim students protest about prayer room at RMIT," by Mark Dunn the Herald Sun, October 14 (thanks to Kyros):

Up to 1000 Muslim students at RMIT are protesting against sharing a multi-faith prayer room with Christians, Jews and worshippers of other faiths.

RMIT Islamic Society vice-president Mohamed Elrafihi said the university had promised Muslim students their own prayer room at the Swanston St campus.

[b]Five refurbished multi-faith prayer rooms -- including a foot-wash room for Muslims and a prayer room with Arabic signs and oriented towards Mecca -- were opened to students earlier this year.[/b]

But Mr Elrafihi said the Islamic-themed prayer room can be booked by other religions, which would interrupt evening Muslim prayer times.

Islamic students have refused to use the new facilities, insisting one room be dedicated for use by Muslims.

"We have nothing against multi-faith, we support multi-faith," Mr Elrafihi said.
He said RMIT had misled international students in previous promotions about Muslim prayer facilities.

"The Muslims were promised a dedicated room and that was taken from them. [b]That has caused a lot of stress," Mr Elrafihi said.[/b]

[b]While refusing to use the new prayer facilities for the past eight months[/b], up to 600 Muslim students have been worshipping outdoors each Friday in nearby Bowen St, or on other days on the lawns outside RMIT's prayer halls in part of the old Melbourne jail.

"There has been days when it has been raining, hail and thunder," Mr Elrafihi said.
He said Muslim students had nothing against other faiths.

But he said Jews, Christians and other religions using the centre were small in number and did not need their own dedicated facilities.

He explained that the Muslims were supported by Christian, Jewish and student union groups at the university.

RMIT Vice-Chancellor Professor Joyce Kirk said the university had spent significant resources on accommodating Muslim needs.

"RMIT University respects the rights of its students and staff to practise their chosen religions, and provides space for them to do so," Prof Kirk said.

[b]"RMIT offers five Muslim-friendly prayer rooms on its Victorian campuses, two in the city, two in Bundoora and one in Brunswick."[/b]

[b]She said the new spiritual centre in the city was specifically designed for Muslim students and staff, with separate female and male prayer rooms, washing facilities and social spaces.
She said several rooms were reserved for Muslims at specified times but conceded they could be booked by other faiths during other periods.[/b]

She rejected suggestions the university was in any way discriminating against Muslims.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Not that that rejecting accusations of discrimination will stop the Muslims from continuing to level such accusations at any and every one who doesn't give in to all their whims and demands.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1678451' date='Oct 15 2008, 07:47 PM']Not that that rejecting accusations of discrimination will stop the Muslims from continuing to level such accusations at any and every one who doesn't give in to all their whims and demands.[/quote]

Seriously. Do you understand that all Muslims do not act in unison?

I would really like to know, what led you to this? Like why do you just lump all Muslims into one group?

Look at this board and all the oppinions from all the different Catholics, Muslim oppinions are just as complex and diverse.

HisChildForever

Even though I have Hassan on ignore and am uninterested in his posts, I'm going to take an insane guess and assume that he just defended Muslims.

This ignore feature is spectacular. :smokey:

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1678460' date='Oct 15 2008, 09:11 PM']Even though I have Hassan on ignore and am uninterested in his posts, I'm going to take an insane guess and assume that he just defended Muslims.

This ignore feature is spectacular. :smokey:[/quote]

Yes, imagain that, defending Muslims. I did not defend this group, I attacked MV's gross generalizations about all Muslims. There is plenty of room to disagree with what these students want, useing this to attack all Muslims without exception is wrong and you should know it.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1678460' date='Oct 15 2008, 09:11 PM']Even though I have Hassan on ignore and am uninterested in his posts, I'm going to take an insane guess and assume that he just defended Muslims.

I will take a guess to the same. He either: 1) defended/excused Muslims or 2) Somehow equated their behavior with Catholics or other religions. He always does 1 or 2 or both. So predictable.

Another guess: He said nothing that actually addresses the text of the post itself.

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1678460' date='Oct 15 2008, 08:11 PM']Even though I have Hassan on ignore and am uninterested in his posts, I'm going to take an insane guess and assume that he just defended Muslims.

What I really don't understand is why you put me on ignore but do not actually ignore me.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1678463' date='Oct 15 2008, 09:18 PM']I will take a guess to the same. He either: 1) defended/excused Muslims or 2) Somehow equated their behavior with Catholics or other religions. He always does 1 or 2 or both. So predictable.

Another guess: He said nothing that actually addresses the text of the post itself.[/quote]

I did not defend the Muslims in the story, I see no reason why they can't work around things. I did take exception to your decision to make bigoted conclusions about all Muslims.

Now, you do read my posts occasionally or get someone to read them for you, so let' work on a compromise.

I do not defend what these Muslims wish to do, I see no reason for the University to build an exclusively Muslim prayer room.

Now will you compromise as well and admit that this does not necessairly reflect on ALL Muslims?

Madame Vengier

I'm going out on a limb again and guessing that Hassan has now replied 2 or 3 more times accusing someone of being "bigoted", while continuing to ignore the actual thread topic.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1678464' date='Oct 15 2008, 09:19 PM']What I really don't understand is why you put me on ignore but do not actually ignore me.[/quote]
:lol_roll:

Sorry, I shouldn't quote you, or I might accidentally sully someone's eyes with your words.

Anyway, on topic... *shrug*

If the university advertised a particular feature to students, and then they don't provide what they advertise, it seems reasonable for the people spending money there to complain. However, I think they ought to just use the facilities that are available, and only protest if it actually becomes an issue.

:idontknow:

Edited by philothea

HisChildForever

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1678463' date='Oct 15 2008, 09:18 PM']I will take a guess to the same. He either: 1) defended/excused Muslims or 2) Somehow equated their behavior with Catholics or other religions. He always does 1 or 2 or both. So predictable.

Another guess: He said nothing that actually addresses the text of the post itself.[/quote]

I bet so too. Man, the little "read this post" link is right there, and yet I seem to be too lazy to click on it.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1678465' date='Oct 15 2008, 09:24 PM']Now will you compromise as well and admit that this does not necessairly reflect on ALL Muslims?[/quote]

Good luck with that. sincerely.

HisChildForever

[quote name='philothea' post='1678469' date='Oct 15 2008, 09:28 PM']:lol_roll:

Sorry, I shouldn't quote you, or I might accidentally sully someone's eyes with your words.

Anyway, on topic... *shrug*

If the university advertised a particular feature to students, and then they don't provide what they advertise, it seems reasonable for the people spending money there to complain. However, I think they ought to just use the facilities that are available, and only protest if it actually becomes an issue.

:idontknow:[/quote]

I hope his quote wasn't directed at me. 'Cause I am ignoring him. :lol:

There are a lot of threads on similar topics recently. I wonder what else is happening in the world? Canada had an election. Zimbabwe is experiencing joint government talks. Japan is making interesting advances in neurosciences.

How ignorant can folks be to actually put someone on ignore? The only time I could imagine that that tool would be useful is if someone were being excessively offensive, and if that happened yall could just have him or her banned.

What a ludicrous tool.

And about this muslim story, if you want the same for Catholics, then start working for it and quit complaining.

How many of you actually bring up real life experiences when complaining about the "dominance" of Islam over the rest of the world. Start bringing me with something more then your little news stories and maybe I'll care.

The truth is that things really aren't as bad as Madame V would have you believe. Sure these things might happen in some places, but I and everyone I know have still not been made to give up our own freedom of religion yet..