An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vatican Flag

DannyBoy

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1680587' date='Oct 18 2008, 08:27 AM']Very well said.[/quote]
Yes.

very well said except winning is not based off a spread increase; it's based off actual votes.

If I want obama to win, I vote for him; if i don't, i don't.

I don't buy the "A vote for anybody but McCain is a vote for Obama" line of thinking. A vote for Candidate A is not a vote for Candidates B or C. It's a vote for candidate A.

The rest is fear mongering in it's highest form.

Some others have summarized this far more eloquently than I could:

[i]Nonetheless, I will vote for a doomed quixotic candidate out of a romantic belief that what I do will be seen by God, even if it has no measurable impact on my fellow citizens. At some point, it seems to me that citizens of a free society need to behave as though they are citizens of a free society and not merely ingredients in a statistical bloc who are expected to obey a sort of theory of intellectual hydraulics that predicts who they should vote and commands them to do so.[/i] - Mark Shea

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1680615' date='Oct 18 2008, 10:40 AM']The rest is fear mongering in it's highest form.[/quote]
Ok, I can agree with that, but don't you think it is at least a legitimate fear?

As for voting for the underdog: I understand what you're saying, but since I am a bad Catholic :D , I think I am going to vote for the guy that scares me the least, and has more of a chance of winning.

God bless, (and no hard feelings)

Edited by Sparky

i am not sure the 'degree' of fear is important. i might be wrong.

If you feel one candidate is the lesser of 2 evils, and there is another candidate who is 'not' evil...wouldn't you want to vote for that candidate?

As for being a bad catholic, the line starts behind me. LOL.

but we still gotta try :)

Maybe we should vote for someone who doesn't scare us at all? if that is possible?

no hard feelings :)

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1680627' date='Oct 18 2008, 10:04 AM']i am not sure the 'degree' of fear is important. i might be wrong.

If you feel one candidate is the lesser of 2 evils, and there is another candidate who is 'not' evil...wouldn't you want to vote for that candidate?

As for being a bad catholic, the line starts behind me. LOL.

but we still gotta try :)

Maybe we should vote for someone who doesn't scare us at all? if that is possible?

no hard feelings :)[/quote]

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/uploads/profile/photo-6921.jpg[/img]