An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vatican Flag

DannyBoy

IcePrincessKRS

Um... doubtful. Others who have expressed the intent to vote for Obama have been flagged with the "I don't rep Pope" icon.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1679914' date='Oct 17 2008, 04:20 PM']Um... doubtful. Others who have expressed the intent to vote for Obama have been flagged with the "I don't rep Pope" icon.[/quote]

Awww.....that's completely crazy and discrimnatory as well.

What more should I expect though?

Understanding isn't something for which we Catholics have made a name for ourselves.

Judge away!

IcePrincessKRS

I'm curious how you think voting for Obama is supporting Catholicism or the Pope... the man stands against many of our core beliefs and basic human rights to life. I have yet to see a single valid reason for voting for Obama.

Let me first say that I respect your stance and your opinions. I see that you are a mother and as such you naturally will have a different lens than I through which to see things.

Foremost, I believe that our country needs change. I, like many, associate John McCain witht he Bush administration and am fearful of a repeat of the last 8 years. I believe that Barack Obama, while perhaps not the best person in the world (although who would be at this point in our nation's history---perhaps FDR? ) to be president of the United States is certainly the best candidate in this election. Policies aside I believe that he can unite people under a common good.

Other thoughts: I fear a Sarah Palin presidency becuase I do not believe she is wise enough or competent enough to lead. I also do not trust John McCain. I want to be able to trust my president. As Catholic we put the Pro-Life stance above all else. Many people are Pro-Life. Many people are not. many people who are are lousy in every other facet. Likewise for the other. No person is perfect and in this election I believe John McCain, his platform, and the republican party, of which I am a member are all the least perfect fits for a new America.

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1679940' date='Oct 17 2008, 05:27 PM']I think you should check out the Election section of the forum.[/quote]

Hey thanks! I have. Sorry if this thread has disrupted anything in the Open Mic Universe : )

I'm a pro-life Democrat who did not vote for Obama in my absentee ballot. I vote issues, and candidates. He may well be the least competent person to run for President in decades if not in the last century. Being misinformed and oblivious to your lack of knowledge on the subject isn't anything to be proud of.

[quote name='DannyBoy' post='1679942' date='Oct 17 2008, 03:29 PM']Hey thanks! I have. Sorry if this thread has disrupted anything in the Open Mic Universe : )[/quote]

That alone can get you entirely excommunicated.

HisChildForever

[quote name='DannyBoy' post='1679942' date='Oct 17 2008, 04:29 PM']Hey thanks! I have. Sorry if this thread has disrupted anything in the Open Mic Universe : )[/quote]

Oh no, I just mean that things will most likely get hairy on this board, and it'll probably end up being moved anyway.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1679943' date='Oct 17 2008, 04:30 PM']Being misinformed and oblivious to your lack of knowledge on the subject isn't anything to be proud of.[/quote]

*cackles*

[quote name='DannyBoy' post='1679919' date='Oct 17 2008, 03:23 PM']Understanding isn't something for which we Catholics have made a name for ourselves.

Judge away![/quote]

"Thus says the Lord: You, son of man, I have appointed watchman for the house of Israel; when you hear me say anything, you shall warn them for me. If I tell the wicked, "O wicked one, you shall surely die", and you do not speak or dissuade the wicked from his way, the wicked shall die for his guilt, but I will hold you responsible for his death. But if you warn the wicked, trying to turn him from his way, and he refuses to turn from his way, he shall die for his guilt, but you shall save yourself. Ezekiel 33:7-9

We are called to judge in order to "dissuade the wicked from their ways". The support of a man who has no problem with murdering the innocent, is wicked indeed!

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='DannyBoy' post='1679936' date='Oct 17 2008, 05:18 PM']Let me first say that I respect your stance and your opinions. I see that you are a mother and as such you naturally will have a different lens than I through which to see things.

Foremost, I believe that our country needs change. I, like many, associate John McCain witht he Bush administration and am fearful of a repeat of the last 8 years. I believe that Barack Obama, while perhaps not the best person in the world (although who would be at this point in our nation's history---perhaps FDR? ) to be president of the United States is certainly the best candidate in this election. Policies aside I believe that he can unite people under a common good.

Other thoughts: I fear a Sarah Palin presidency becuase I do not believe she is wise enough or competent enough to lead. I also do not trust John McCain. I want to be able to trust my president. As Catholic we put the Pro-Life stance above all else. Many people are Pro-Life. Many people are not. many people who are are lousy in every other facet. Likewise for the other. No person is perfect and in this election I believe John McCain, his platform, and the republican party, of which I am a member are all the least perfect fits for a new America.[/quote]

First, me being a mother has nothing to do with my opposition to Obama. I would oppose him no matter my family status, just the same as I opposed the election of characters like Clinton and Gore (back when I was unmarried and childless).

Second, I still haven't seen any valid reasons given. I would like to hear real serious, grave reasons for supporting a man like Obama. "I want change" just doesn't fit the bill. The only change I see coming from that man is disaster.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1679943' date='Oct 17 2008, 05:30 PM']I'm a pro-life Democrat who did not vote for Obama in my absentee ballot. I vote issues, and candidates. He may well be the least competent person to run for President in decades if not in the last century. Being misinformed and oblivious to your lack of knowledge on the subject isn't anything to be proud of.[/quote]

:yes:

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1679945' date='Oct 17 2008, 05:32 PM']Oh no, I just mean that things will most likely get hairy on this board, and it'll probably end up being moved anyway.

*cackles*[/quote]

This is true....

:saint:

Excelsior1027

[quote name='DannyBoy' post='1679936' date='Oct 17 2008, 04:18 PM']Let me first say that I respect your stance and your opinions. I see that you are a mother and as such you naturally will have a different lens than I through which to see things.[/quote]
Those are not her opinions, nor are they mine; they are God's opinions. God's "lens." :mellow:

As Catholics, aren't we supposed to follow God's directions?

[quote name='Excelsior1027' post='1679957' date='Oct 17 2008, 04:59 PM']As Catholics, aren't we supposed to follow God's directions?[/quote]

Simple answer is yes!