An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vatican Flag

DannyBoy

[quote name='prose' post='1679944' date='Oct 17 2008, 04:32 PM']That alone can get you entirely excommunicated.[/quote]
:lol_roll:

(Sorry, nothing substantive to add. Bad day. But this was good for a grin at least.)

DannyBoy-

It's also worth noting that John McCain is [i]not[/i] the only other option out there. :) I oppose Obama, but I likely won't be voting for McCain, either.

[quote name='franciscan13' post='1679952' date='Oct 17 2008, 05:47 PM']"Thus says the Lord: You, son of man, I have appointed watchman for the house of Israel; when you hear me say anything, you shall warn them for me. If I tell the wicked, "O wicked one, you shall surely die", and you do not speak or dissuade the wicked from his way, the wicked shall die for his guilt, but I will hold you responsible for his death. But if you warn the wicked, trying to turn him from his way, and he refuses to turn from his way, he shall die for his guilt, but you shall save yourself. Ezekiel 33:7-9

We are called to judge in order to "dissuade the wicked from their ways". The support of a man who has no problem with murdering the innocent, is wicked indeed![/quote]

I'm appreciative of your willingness to display your knowledge of scripture. The concordance has served you well this hour.

You criticize me yet you support a man whose regime has been in support of an unjust war in which many innocents have perished not to mention the soul of the strongest nation in the world. America is dying. We need a savior. We need a Kennedy not another Bush.

This nation is perishing beause we all voted for Bush on account of his Pro-Life stance. What and where has it gotten us? Has the data been significant enough to make you feel good about voting for him? Abortions are still on the rise and Bush cares less for women. This person's informed and contrite conscience will not allow a vote for McCain/Palin.

With them it is after all "Country First" not God first. I'll take "Change for Tomorrow" any day. Change is what we need not puppet strings. We need someone to unite us, someone who's been where we've been. Someone who knows struggle. Someone who knows what it is to come from nothing. Someone who knows what it feels like to have been left behind. Someone who knows what its like to rise up! We need hope. We need Barack Obama!

[quote name='DannyBoy' post='1680020' date='Oct 17 2008, 05:36 PM']With them it is after all "Country First" not God first. I'll take "Change for Tomorrow" any day. Change is what we need not puppet strings. We need someone to unite us, someone who's been where we've been. Someone who knows struggle. Someone who knows what it is to come from nothing. Someone who knows what it feels like to have been left behind. Someone who knows what its like to rise up! We need hope. We need Barack Obama![/quote]

Rise up from what? He never had to sweat a mortgage payment, pay a student loan, or go to a million job interviews and sit for weeks waiting on call back. He's never lived where he had to worry about his kids talking to drug dealers on their street corner. Who the heck are you talking about?

I'm all for change, but what exactly does he plan to change? How does he plan to do it? I'm voting for some change, but not some un-known change. What if his idea of change is to do away with the school lunch program? What if his idea of change is to force Catholic priests to preform same-sex marriages? Change for change sake is like schools doing away with teaching the multiplication tables or recess. Yeah, it's a change, but not a good one.

Sounds like you've fallen for the cult of Obama. For de-programing, see your nearest priest. About Bush, I agree with you. I didn't vote for him either. I'd dealt with him when he was Governor of Texas. I knew he barely had a room temperature IQ.

[quote name='DannyBoy' post='1680020' date='Oct 17 2008, 05:36 PM']I'm appreciative of your willingness to display your knowledge of scripture. The concordance has served you well this hour.

You criticize me yet you support a man whose regime has been in support of an unjust war in which many innocents have perished not to mention the soul of the strongest nation in the world. America is dying. We need a savior. We need a Kennedy not another Bush.

This nation is perishing beause we all voted for Bush on account of his Pro-Life stance. What and where has it gotten us? Has the data been significant enough to make you feel good about voting for him? Abortions are still on the rise and Bush cares less for women. This person's informed and contrite conscience will not allow a vote for McCain/Palin.

With them it is after all "Country First" not God first. I'll take "Change for Tomorrow" any day. Change is what we need not puppet strings. We need someone to unite us, someone who's been where we've been. Someone who knows struggle. Someone who knows what it is to come from nothing. Someone who knows what it feels like to have been left behind. Someone who knows what its like to rise up! We need hope. We need Barack Obama![/quote]

Lets take everything you have said as true. Lets say every one of Obama's policies will be a better change for the country.

Even with this in mind, you cannot as a good Catholic vote for Obama.

Why? You said it yourself. We as Catholics do put pro-life issues above everything else.

I mean it really comes down to a simple question for you... Do you put the Church first, or your country first?

If the Church is saying be pro-life, and Obama is saying give this country new hope, which are you going to choose?

All of your points might be valid. And John McCain might be worse for the country because of x,y or z. But just because you don't like McCain doesn't mean as a Catholic you can in good conscience vote for Obama (IMHO of course...).

[quote name='DannyBoy' post='1680020' date='Oct 17 2008, 06:36 PM']I'm appreciative of your willingness to display your knowledge of scripture. The concordance has served you well this hour.[/quote]
Wow. Personal attacks will get you nowhere

[quote]We need a savior....We need hope. We need Barack Obama![/quote]
lol

Jesus Christ help us

HisChildForever

[quote]This nation is perishing beause we all voted for Bush on account of his Pro-Life stance. What and where has it gotten us? Has the data been significant enough to make you feel good about voting for him? [b]Abortions are still on the rise and Bush cares less for women.[/b] This person's informed and contrite conscience will not allow a vote for McCain/Palin.[/quote]

And you think voting for Obama and putting him in the White House will [i]reduce[/i] abortion? Are you mad?

Again:

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1679981' date='Oct 17 2008, 05:37 PM']DannyBoy-
[b]
It's also worth noting that John McCain is [i]not[/i] the only other option out there. :) [/b]I oppose Obama, but I likely won't be voting for McCain, either.[/quote]

homeschoolmom

[quote name='DannyBoy' post='1680020' date='Oct 17 2008, 06:36 PM']I'm appreciative of your willingness to display your knowledge of scripture. The concordance has served you well this hour.

You criticize me yet you support a man whose regime has been in support of an unjust war in which many innocents have perished not to mention the soul of the strongest nation in the world. America is dying. [b]We need a savior.[/b] We need a Kennedy not another Bush.

[b]With them it is after all "Country First" not God first.[/b] I'll take "Change for Tomorrow" any day. Change is what we need not puppet strings. We need someone to unite us, someone who's been where we've been. Someone who knows struggle. Someone who knows what it is to come from nothing. Someone who knows what it feels like to have been left behind. Someone who knows what its like to rise up! We need hope. We need Barack Obama![/quote]

Oh my goodness... how can you possibly reconcile these two statements within the same post???

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='DannyBoy' post='1680020' date='Oct 17 2008, 07:36 PM']This nation is perishing beause we all voted for Bush on account of his Pro-Life stance.[/quote]

Perishing because of Bush? You mean the economic crisis? Newsflash, have you read what got us into this mess in the first place? Prime suspects: Obama and his buddies and their support of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1680117' date='Oct 17 2008, 05:58 PM']Perishing because of Bush? You mean the economic crisis? Newsflash, have you read what got us into this mess in the first place? Prime suspects: Obama and his buddies and their support of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.[/quote]

Don't pollute a pro-Obama thread with facts and logic.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1680129' date='Oct 17 2008, 09:06 PM']Don't pollute a pro-Obama thread with facts and logic.[/quote]

:sadder: Sorry, get back to your regularly scheduled misinformation.... courtesy the mainstream media.

[quote name='DannyBoy' post='1679936' date='Oct 17 2008, 02:18 PM']Foremost, I believe that our country needs change.[/quote]

Change? What sort of change do we need? Please be specific.

[quote]I, like many, associate John McCain witht he Bush administration and am fearful of a repeat of the last 8 years.[/quote]

And you came to this idea how? Show how a McCain presidency would be a repeat of the last 8 years. Please be specific.

[quote]I believe that Barack Obama, while perhaps not the best person in the world (although who would be at this point in our nation's history---perhaps FDR? ) to be president of the United States is certainly the best candidate in this election. Policies aside I believe that he can unite people under a common good.[/quote]

The man has the most liberal voting record in the senate. He out liberals the communist party. How can this man unite the people? What are his plans to unite the people? Please be specific.

[quote]Other thoughts: I fear a Sarah Palin presidency becuase I do not believe she is wise enough or competent enough to lead. I also do not trust John McCain. I want to be able to trust my president.[/quote]

What has John McCain ever done that was not trustworthy? Why is Barack Obama so much more trustworthy, in your eyes, as John McCain? (I'm not going to say it, as it's getting redundant...)

[quote]As Catholic we put the Pro-Life stance above all else. Many people are Pro-Life.[/quote]

Then why do you support a man who has pledged to become the most abortion-friendly president in recent history, yet decry the fact that you won't get a "Church Militant" sticker? Do you not see the correlation there?

[quote]Many people are not. many people who are are lousy in every other facet. Likewise for the other. No person is perfect and in this election I believe John McCain, his platform, and the republican party, of which I am a member are all the least perfect fits for a new America.[/quote]

Did you know that (as has been said countless times in this thread) that just because you don't support (or vote for) John McCain, doesn't mean you have to support (or vote for) Barack Obama?

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1680138' date='Oct 17 2008, 08:18 PM']The man has the most liberal voting record in the senate. He out liberals the communist party. How can this man unite the people? What are his plans to unite the people? Please be specific.[/quote]
With empty slogans of course :rolleyes: