An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Chopped A Rat's Leg Off.

dUSt

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='dUSt' post='1680857' date='Oct 18 2008, 10:46 PM']Well, I had mice at my old house, and sticky traps worked fine if you could get over the little mice screams and long painful, drawn out mice deaths. The snap traps seem more humane.

Sticky traps don't work for rats--the rats here are the size of small dogs.

These work best, and when placed along walls where the rats walk, don't even need bait--although it helps.

[img]http://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/TREXTRAP.JPG[/img][/quote]

When I had to catch a mouse in our dorm the only thing that worked were the old fashioned wooden traps. The mouse was able to get the bait out of the snap traps without getting caught. Once I had the wooden trap I caught it the same day.

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1680955' date='Oct 19 2008, 12:27 AM']I beat a huge rat to death with a broom It was half the size of my cat.[/quote]

I once had to do this for my mother with a pole sander... the poor thing was stuck in the bathtub of a house my mom was doing some renovation work on. And she's terrified of mice which she successfully hid from us for 26 years, I was stunned when she was freaking out over the tiny little thing in the tub. "Kill it!" she said, and the nearest thing was the pole sander so... splat went the poor little mousie. Traps seem so much more humane for getting rid of a pest. lol I dunno, you're killing it either way, but at least you're not bludgeoning it to death.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1681012' date='Oct 19 2008, 01:04 AM']I guess the poor thing chewed it's own leg off, dUSt.[/quote]

Yeah, that was my guess. Only I wouldn't have called it a poor thing. Rats are gross, they'll do anything to get out of a trap if they're caught alive.

missionarybelle

hahaha this thread is hilarious and disgusting.

I think i'll just get a dog.

or poisn. the kind that makes them leave your house before they die looking for water.

or just have my dad attend to that kinds stuff.

i don't think i could ever kil one. they freak me out

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1681176' date='Oct 19 2008, 02:14 PM']Peanut butter works best on traps. Much harder for them to just steal.[/quote]

lol I did use peanut butter!

no joke..

i was driving to work, i was at a stop sign, and a rat ran infront of my car. it was HUGE.. I never saw a rat so big. I do not think it was a possum, or an opossum, or whatever they are called. HUGE.

It was missing its back left leg.

:mellow:

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1681880' date='Oct 20 2008, 12:17 PM'][url="http://www.biconet.com/critter/foxPacks.html"]http://www.biconet.com/critter/foxPacks.html[/url][/quote]

Only lasts 90 days. Then you have to reapply. I prefer old fashioned mouse traps with peanut butter. Much more permanent.

My grandma used to use the sticky kind of trap.

One time, a mommy mouse got stuck and went into labor...

It was the saddest thing I'd ever seen. All the baby mice were little pink shrivelled things... :sadder:

But my brother took care of it. :)

Saint Therese

[quote name='Winchester' post='1682100' date='Oct 20 2008, 06:52 PM']I'm not bothered by the rat. I am dismayed by your abuse of the apostrophe.[/quote]
:rolleyes: