An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Supporting ...

melporcristo

JMJ

Hispanics for McCain wut wut.

Just bought my bumper sticker for my fancy new car that reads "ESTAMOS UNIDOS - MCCAIN". And I'm not afraid to show it everywhere I go. Also, I finally bought the Vote Life tee's PM was selling.

How are you all showing who you support?

[quote name='melporcristo' post='1681089' date='Oct 19 2008, 04:06 PM']How are you all showing who you support?[/quote]
With my vote?

I'm still a US citizen whose legal voting residence in St. Pete, Florida. I've already sent in my absentee ballot. There were about a dozen people on the Florida presidential ballot. I did not vote for Obama.

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='melporcristo' post='1681089' date='Oct 19 2008, 03:06 AM']JMJ

Hispanics for McCain wut wut.

Just bought my bumper sticker for my fancy new car that reads "ESTAMOS UNIDOS - MCCAIN". And I'm not afraid to show it everywhere I go. Also, I finally bought the Vote Life tee's PM was selling.

How are you all showing who you support?[/quote]

the fam is thinking of risking our lives to put up some McCain signs.

For anyone who doesn't know...supporting a republican when you are hispanic or mexican is just asking for it. :ohno:

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1681161' date='Oct 19 2008, 12:15 PM']I'm still a US citizen whose legal voting residence in St. Pete, Florida.[/quote]
Maybe you can explain to me why the "Tampa Bay" Rays are located in St. Pete.

They had the idea if we named all the Tampa Bay area teams Tampa Bay rather than just Tampa, St. Pete or Clearwater, then people would cross the bridge to watch games. It works okay for the Tampa Bay Bucs, and the Lightning (which played in St. Pete for awhile), but not for the Rays. People in Tampa say it is too far to drive to watch a baseball game. Considering how many spring training and minor league teams play in the area, they're right. Besides, watching a game at Tropicana is like watching one in a dark stinky cave.

[quote name='rkwright' post='1681200' date='Oct 19 2008, 01:15 PM']yes yes I know... but you live in Cananda

yous guys a Canadian[/quote]

Actually, I'm an Okie. That's someone from North of the Red River, you know that border of Texas that keeps moving.

dominicansoul

There's a great town here in TEXAS...

Everywhere I go I see McCain/Palin stickers/signs/banners everywhere!

My atheist friend is afraid to put up her obama/biden sign on her front lawn here!

I need to move to this place...!

Edited by dominicansoul

dominicansoul

yup.

It does get scary, to wear a Mccain/Palin t-shirt through a barrio where I live...

...it's amazing how certain areas where race is clearly defined can cause this kind of experience....

[quote name='littleflower+JMJ' post='1681204' date='Oct 19 2008, 12:19 PM']the fam is thinking of risking our lives to put up some McCain signs.

For anyone who doesn't know...supporting a republican when you are hispanic or mexican is just asking for it. :ohno:[/quote]

Yea, I know I'm going to start a heated talk between me and my dad.
The funny thing is, us Mexicans are very pro-family and if they understood that having Obama in office jeopardizes the family, they wouldn't vote for him.

dominicansoul

[quote name='melporcristo' post='1681477' date='Oct 19 2008, 07:12 PM']Yea, I know I'm going to start a heated talk between me and my dad.
The funny thing is, us Mexicans are very pro-family and if they understood that having Obama in office jeopardizes the family, they wouldn't vote for him.[/quote]

I've had the same experience! I can't believe my Hispanic Catholic co-workers are all gung ho for obama! and when I tell them I'm not, their eyes bulge outta their heads!