An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Really Scared

Saint Therese

Saint Therese

So today after Mass we had a Filipino celebration in honor of Our Lady of Fatima, and it was very nice. We had lots of food, and afterwards there was a show.
I was talking with a lady from my parish. This lady is very wealthy, is very active in the parish, has been a life long Catholic. She said that its very hard for her to decide which Presidential candidate to vote for. She said that one candidate might be against abortion, but has other weaknesses, and she criticized Father for telling us during his homily that we should vote according to our Catholic principles, and that its very important to vote (yay Father!!).
I'm really frightened because if this lifelong Catholic, pillar of the community doesn't see the danger and evil that O'bama is and represents, what hope does everyone else have??
:sadder:
Lord have mercy on us!

Saint Therese

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1681272' date='Oct 19 2008, 03:54 PM']I have found that those voting for Obama don't know the "nitty gritty" of his policies.[/quote]

I agree.
:sadder:

Psalm 140

Rescue me, Lord, from evil men;
from the violent keep me safe,
from those who plan evil in their hearts
and stir up strife every day;
who sharpen their tongue like an adder's,
with the poison of viper on their lips.

Lord, guard me from the hands of the wicked;
from the violent keep me safe;
they plan to make me stumble.
The proud have hidden a trap,
have spread out lines in a net,
set snares across my path.

I have said to the Lord: "You are my God."
Lord, hear the cry of my appeal!
Lord my God, my mighty help,
you shield my head in the battle.
Do not grant the wicked their desire
nor let their plots succeed.

Those surrounding me lift up their heads.
Let the malice of their speech overwhelm them.
Let coals of fire rain upon them.
Let them be flung in the abyss, no more to rise.
Let the slanderer not endure upon the earth.
Let evil hunt the violent man to death!

I know that the Lord will avenge the poor,
That he will do justice for the needy.
Truly the just will praise your name
the upright shall live in your presence.

littleflower+JMJ

Yes, this election and the direction our country to head into is definitely bone chilling. To only have [i]hints[/i] right now and already have lots of reasons to be scared, well, is frightening. :pray: :bigpray:

dominicansoul

Praying for the grace to accept martyrdom...

And I keep thinking...

"So this is how the early Christians felt!"

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1681310' date='Oct 19 2008, 05:21 PM']Praying for the grace to accept martyrdom...

And I keep thinking...

"So this is how the early Christians felt!"[/quote]
May I remind you that it's McCain, ironically, who supports "enhanced interrogation techniques."

NOTE: this does not imply nor should it be construed to mean support for Obama. But everyone needs to take a deep breath.

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1681310' date='Oct 19 2008, 04:21 PM']Praying for the grace to accept martyrdom...

And I keep thinking...

"So this is how the early Christians felt!"[/quote]

The early Christians were in actual danger.

Obama is a Christian, as is the overwhelming majority of the legislature, the poloice force, the military, the USSC, and the population.

Christians more or less control the country.

just chillax :smokey:

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1681933' date='Oct 20 2008, 01:53 PM']May I remind you that it's McCain, ironically, who supports "enhanced interrogation techniques."

NOTE: this does not imply nor should it be construed to mean support for Obama. But everyone needs to take a deep breath.[/quote]

from what I hear he doesn't really. He just supported it to appeal to the far right so he could get the nomination.

I think he has pledged to close Gitmo

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='Hassan' post='1681945' date='Oct 20 2008, 01:01 PM']from what I hear he doesn't really. He just supported it to appeal to the far right so he could get the nomination.

I think he has pledged to close Gitmo[/quote]
Perhaps. If so, just *another* example of kicking whatever core convictions he may have held to the curb in the pursuit of power. I mean, this was a guy who was *tortured*, for crying out loud.

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1681956' date='Oct 20 2008, 01:17 PM']Perhaps. If so, just *another* example of kicking whatever core convictions he may have held to the curb in the pursuit of power. I mean, this was a guy who was *tortured*, for crying out loud.[/quote]

I don't think he ever came out for it, I think he voted for some bill involving "water boarding".

Gitmo really has not come up much this election, sad.

dominicansoul

[quote name='Hassan' post='1681941' date='Oct 20 2008, 12:59 PM']The early Christians were in actual danger.

Obama is a Christian, as is the overwhelming majority of the legislature, the poloice force, the military, the USSC, and the population.

Christians more or less control the country.

just chillax :smokey:[/quote]

I love you Hassan. :love:

thanx for calming my fears...

(but honestly, a man who is for abortion without any limitations is NOT a Christian...)

but you are right, the rest of the country is heavily populated with enough Christians to end my fear of possible martyrdom under Obama's reign...

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1681962' date='Oct 20 2008, 01:25 PM']I love you Hassan. :love:

thanx for calming my fears...

(but honestly, a man who is for abortion without any limitations is NOT a Christian...)

but you are right, the rest of the country is heavily populated with enough Christians to end my fear of possible martyrdom under Obama's reign...[/quote]

glad to help :topsy:

your not the only one scared. But the church has triumphed over worse. The church militant will triumph over this blasphemous and devilish age. I wanted to leave the country but i have to remember that i was born here, this is my country and over all I do love my country, therefore I'm going to stay and fight for it. Even if that means founding an american catholic military order. haha