An Old School Catholic Message Board

Voting Catholic Doesn't Just Mean Voting For Mccain

HereticHunter10

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1682115' date='Oct 20 2008, 07:26 PM']Seeing as both John McCain and Barack Obama support the death of unborn children in some way, shape, or form, it is perfectly permissible to vote for a completely pro-life third party candidate.[/quote]
Morally, yes. Politically, no.

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='flip' post='1682105' date='Oct 20 2008, 07:11 PM']Voting for McCain is a cooperation with evil. He supports abortions in cases of rape and incest. and he supports murdering babies for science (embryonic stem cell research).

He is still ok with murdering babies. period.

Murdering babies doesn't get my vote.

third party all the way.[/quote]
:punk:

[quote name='kamiller42' post='1682602' date='Oct 21 2008, 12:32 PM']Morally, yes. Politically, no.[/quote]

SO, who is more important: God or the Government?

come on, our political life is guided by our MORAL life, not the other way around.

I mean, you are Catholic first, and then republican, right?

[quote name='HereticHunter10' post='1682083' date='Oct 20 2008, 06:18 PM']Good point. Examples would include pro life liberal democrats like Bob Casey Jr and Tim Ryan. Historical examples would include Joe McCarthy (Red Scare) and JFK.[/quote]

HOLLA! c :clap:

[quote name='flip' post='1682960' date='Oct 21 2008, 08:57 PM']SO, who is more important: God or the Government?

come on, our political life is guided by our MORAL life, not the other way around.

I mean, you are Catholic first, and then republican, right?[/quote]
I stated it was morally permissible to vote for a third party candidate when the candidate is pro-life.. I did not say it's the most morally correct choice. If the election is a multiple choice test and we are required to choose the most correct answer (not the perfect), the answer would be for the candidate most likely to win while doing the least amount of damage to the pro-life cause, especially when the alternative is anti-life and could potentially win.

[quote name='kamiller42' post='1682977' date='Oct 21 2008, 09:14 PM']I stated it was morally permissible to vote for a third party candidate when the candidate is pro-life.. I did not say it's the most morally correct choice. If the election is a multiple choice test and we are required to choose the most correct answer (not the perfect), the answer would be for the candidate most likely to win while doing the least amount of damage to the pro-life cause, especially when the alternative is anti-life and could potentially win.[/quote]

I'm not sure about that...

How is it more morally correct to incur a mortal sin on your soul? Which a vote for McCain or Obama would do!

I mean think about it, you are going to meet all the babies that were murdered under McCain's policies in Heaven. What are you going to say to them? "Sorry, you were collateral damage?"

If you had the choice of killing 1,000 babies, 30 babies, or 0 babies - which is more 'morally correct'?

Edited by flip

Liberal democrats, like anarchists, tend to be rather naive about human nature. They should all spend a year living in Somalia to test their theories.

[quote name='flip' post='1682105' date='Oct 20 2008, 07:11 PM']Voting for McCain is a cooperation with evil. He supports abortions in cases of rape and incest. and he supports murdering babies for science (embryonic stem cell research).

He is still ok with murdering babies. period.

Murdering babies doesn't get my vote.

third party all the way.[/quote]

gettem flip