An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would You Be Relieved

HisChildForever

[quote]2. Some things are too good to not comment on. Deal with it.[/quote]

And here I was thinking Christmas came early this year.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1682898' date='Oct 21 2008, 05:52 PM']And here I was thinking Christmas came early this year.[/quote]
I know it makes it difficult to propagate unfounded lies when someone questions them, but you'll just have to live with it.

HisChildForever

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1682899' date='Oct 21 2008, 07:53 PM']I know it makes it difficult to propagate unfounded lies when someone questions them, but you'll just have to live with it.[/quote]

Promise?

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1682902' date='Oct 21 2008, 05:56 PM']Promise?[/quote]
Of course, where would our dysfunctional concordance be without it?

HisChildForever

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1682906' date='Oct 21 2008, 07:57 PM']Of course, where would our dysfunctional concordance be without it?[/quote]

You're totally right. You're a true saint.

If you answer yes you answer yes.
No one says you cant.
I would let you know though he cant be the antichrist or even a antichrist,
because the bible clearly states that an antichrist is someone who doesnt acknowledge that Jesus Christ came in the flesh. The bible is really clear on this, crystal clear.
As for a terrorist and a hitler, i say no, but you could say yes.
Its america.

You know, after further consideration, I don't think anyone should answer this positively, regardless of their feelings, no matter how interesting the resulting discussion might be.

I have no doubt the phorum is monitored, given the discussions here. I don't want anyone's door busted down by the Secret Service.

:mellow:

[quote name='philothea' post='1683099' date='Oct 21 2008, 11:43 PM']You know, after further consideration, I don't think anyone should answer this positively, regardless of their feelings, no matter how interesting the resulting discussion might be.

I have no doubt the phorum is monitored, given the discussions here. I don't want anyone's door busted down by the Secret Service.

:mellow:[/quote]

monitored by the goverment ?

Well im going to state again for the last time so its not misunderstood that I dont think brother Obama is any of these labels. I take his word that he is a christian and that he has accepted Jesus Christ into his heart. Am I on the same page with him politically ? No
Am I going to vote for him for president ? No Will I tell others not to vote for him ? Yes
I am 27 and just now realising how evil abortion really is, although up until now I have not really fully comprehended the reality of it.I pray that brother Obama realises how evil abortion is and how much God hates it. I hate it to and God knows I would never have anything to do with it.

But I also feel we should be carefull when we judge somebody who is a brother in Christ. When we start giveing him the name of a terrorist, anti american, a hitler, a antichrist, we are nolonger showing him love as a christian brother. How about praying for him and pointing out where he is wrong and scrutenising his politics to the core. Makeing sure that we do everything we can so people dont vote for him.

But it has to stop there, what if he does become president ? Are you going to hate this man and pray God doesnt guide him and protect him in his walk with Christ ? How is that going to do our country any good ? Judgeing his soul and labeling him with titles you have no right to label him with will not do anything postive. I belive as christians we have to have each others back.

The minute he says something anticatholic or denounces his relationship with Christ, then fine, go to war. But from what iv'e seen he hasn't done any of these things. He supports abortion and that is a mortal sin once he comes into full knowlege of it. But others have been ok with abortion or have not denounced it.Are we to judge if they are in full awareness of how evil it is ? We should do everything we can to help them realise how evil it is, but to cast them away and denounce them as brothers and sisters in Christ isn't an act of the holy spirit. (in my humble opinon)

Peace,
Josh

Edited by Guest

it seems like some of you missed DeliveryBoy's earlier thread on the same sort of subject. as an outside witness, i can vouch that he doesnt actually think the way his question implies he might.
in future though DeliveryMan, i would make your threads a bit more well thought out, and for lack of a better word, less "Budge-ish"

he does raise a few points about blatant propaganda and the path some of these thoughts might lead.

also to FideiDefensor, why do you have a "dont repthepope" badge? i didnt think you got those if you weren't catholic, only if you claimed to be catholic and then said things that defy scripture. like me, i am not catholic.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1683709' date='Oct 22 2008, 07:26 PM']it seems like some of you missed DeliveryBoy's earlier thread on the same sort of subject. as an outside witness, i can vouch that he doesnt actually think the way his question implies he might.
in future though DeliveryMan, i would make your threads a bit more well thought out, and for lack of a better word, less "Budge-ish"

he does raise a few points about blatant propaganda and the path some of these thoughts might lead.

also to FideiDefensor, why do you have a "dont repthepope" badge? i didnt think you got those if you weren't catholic, only if you claimed to be catholic and then said things that defy scripture. like me, i am not catholic.[/quote]

jesus lol
whats up ?
can i ask why you are not catholic ?
what church do you belong to ?
godbless

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1683709' date='Oct 22 2008, 05:26 PM']it seems like some of you missed DeliveryBoy's earlier thread on the same sort of subject. as an outside witness, i can vouch that he doesnt actually think the way his question implies he might.

also to FideiDefensor, why do you have a "dont repthepope" badge? i didnt think you got those if you weren't catholic, only if you claimed to be catholic and then said things that defy scripture. like me, i am not catholic.[/quote]
I believe it's because I used to be Catholic and fell away. They don't want anyone being lured away (because apparently Catholics are gullible enough to have that happen.)

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1683727' date='Oct 22 2008, 06:34 PM']I believe it's because I used to be Catholic and fell away. They don't want anyone being lured away (because apparently Catholics are gullible enough to have that happen.)[/quote]

So you just gave up on Christ and his Church ?

ahhh, okay. i didnt know you were originally catholic. that has happened to some other people here. its good to "warn" people, but i think all the restrictions are going a bit too far. if people's faith here is shaky enough that a friendly PM from a lapsed catholic could convert them away, then they have other problems, and shouldnt be on the internet at all. besides they could always just block you if you were annoying, right?

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1683717' date='Oct 22 2008, 05:30 PM']jesus lol
whats up ?
can i ask why you are not catholic ?
what church do you belong to ?
godbless[/quote]

hey man! not too much, i have liking your recent threads by the way.
ermm, not really catholic for several reasons. i dont really have a strong religious conviction one way or the other. i like a lot of the catholic customs, people(some of you PMers are pretty cool, you will know who), traditions and methods of worship.

i really dont want to get into a debate on all these points(i have seen them all before many times on this site and i dont want to hijack too much, if you feel compelled to just pm me) but
while i like the eucharist and believe it is a sacred article, i think it is more symbolic(but not any less important for that) than it is in catholicism.
i dont much like the idea of Dogma, or to be more specific i dislike that to question some of these things makes you not catholic.
i dislike having to go through a priest(confession) to have my sins forgiven. mostly though i dont really see eye to eye with the church on many social issues.
there is a lot more but that should do for here.
while i believe catholicism is the closest path to god, i refuse to force myself to accept all the other associated bits and renounce how i truly believe, just to fit the criteria.

what i belong to? well, i worship(admittedly not very often) at the local United Church, though i doubt that i fit whatever criteria you would think goes with that.

quite apart from everything else, i live on a small remote island in BC and the nearest catholic church i know the location of and have been in is in Guatemala.

i completely enjoy all my discussions and time spent here at PM, while you might not have converted me yet, my "faith" has been shaped a lot by you guys.

ya Godbless phatmass for sure.
its helped me alot.
im still a wretched sinner but at least have my eyes and ears open now to the truth.

Edited by Guest