An Old School Catholic Message Board

"it's Bush's Fault" How Much Longer...

KnightofChrist

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='FSM Sister' post='1683153' date='Oct 21 2008, 11:32 PM']Just think how many innocent lives would be save if he was assassinated [i]before[/i] the election...[/quote]
Wow. End justifying the means, much?

Now [i]there's[/i] a Catholic attitude.

[quote name='kamiller42' post='1682980' date='Oct 21 2008, 09:16 PM']And when Iraq turns out to be a success, he will claim it was his plan, time table and all, that brought us victory. Ugh.[/quote]

It's already a failure. Obama just opposes it for the wrong reasons. He's not even pro-life when it comes to foreign policy..

[quote name='FSM Sister' post='1683153' date='Oct 22 2008, 12:32 AM']Just think how many innocent lives would be save if he was assassinated [i]before[/i] the election...[/quote]

I might have to leave Phatmass if this talk continues..

[quote name='FSM Sister' post='1683153' date='Oct 21 2008, 11:32 PM']Just think how many innocent lives would be save if he was assassinated [i]before[/i] the election...[/quote]

Do you not understand the true meaning of being Pro-Life? It's not just deeds, it is also words and thoughts. JPII said it best, "from conception to natural death."

KnightofChrist

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1683368' date='Oct 22 2008, 07:23 AM']I guess for as long as it was "Clinton's fault." Cons are trotting out the "Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mess was Clinton's fault" line, you might be aware.

It will take a while to clean up the various messes Bush has made. I don't envy whoever it is who next gets to the White House.[/quote]

I understand both parties always blame each other for everything. But nothing really compares to the level that the Bush haters have taken the cry of [b]everything[/b] being Bush's fault.

Edited by KnightofChrist

If Obama screws up (not just the unborn babies.) (I'm kinda at the 'acceptance' stage of him winning), then some of his supporters will have increased faith in him.

Clearly, many Democrats will use the "Bush's fault. Formerly Republican Congress' fault" for several years. Some people will even use it for the full 8 years if that were to happen.

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1683423' date='Oct 22 2008, 11:38 AM']I understand both parties always blame each other for everything. But nothing really compares to the level that the Bush haters have taken the cry of [b]everything[/b] being Bush's fault.[/quote]
Well, Bush [i]has[/i] dropped the ball on a lot of things. He's been in office for eight, [i]long[/i] years. Presumably [i]some[/i] things are his fault.

well, if it turns out that Obama screws everything up like Bush then i think it will be the same way. from a canadians perspective it seems as if america as a whole(and phatmass in general) has only recently, in the past year or two, realized how truly incompetent Bush is and are turning against him. even for the people who still support bush, it used to be "he is a good president for X reason" and now it is "well, at least he is better than John Kerry"

it will be the same way if Obama screws up. you guys will hate him from the start and eventually the left wing will come to the same conclusions. it took two long terms of George W Bush for the two side to start seeing eye to eye.

fo the record i believe Obama will do a better job in general at running the country, even if he is running it in the wrong direction

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1683468' date='Oct 22 2008, 01:10 PM']well, if it turns out that Obama screws everything up like Bush then i think it will be the same way. from a canadians perspective it seems as if america as a whole(and phatmass in general) has only recently, in the past year or two, realized how truly incompetent Bush is and are turning against him. even for the people who still support bush, it used to be "he is a good president for X reason" and now it is "well, at least he is better than John Kerry"

it will be the same way if Obama screws up. you guys will hate him from the start and eventually the left wing will come to the same conclusions. it took two long terms of George W Bush for the two side to start seeing eye to eye.

fo the record i believe Obama will do a better job in general at running the country, even if he is running it in the wrong direction[/quote]
For the record, I'd like to say that I thought Bush was a trainwreck from the get-go ;)

Wouldn't it be kind of nice if we could take all the effort we put into finding blame and fault, and put that energy into building and solving.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1683502' date='Oct 22 2008, 03:46 PM']Wouldn't it be kind of nice if we could take all the effort we put into finding blame and fault, and put that energy into building and solving.[/quote]

You should be a speechwriter. :D ;)

But, yea, you're right.

[quote name='Didymus' post='1683378' date='Oct 22 2008, 09:35 AM']I might have to leave Phatmass if this talk continues..[/quote]

it is kinda crazy,
i think there could be some who would like him dead or would be ok with it.
dont know how since he is a christian brother.
scary.

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Paddington' post='1683582' date='Oct 22 2008, 03:38 PM']You should be a speechwriter. :D ;)[/quote]

I am. I write all my husband's speeches, and 95% of his newspaper articles. He gets the byline, and I get to spend the money. The last article for the Edmonton Journal bought me a new yo-yo. The speech fees go right on the mortgage. It's like the worst kept secret in Edmonton. People are always commenting that his writing sure has improved since we got married. His stuff reads like stereo instructions.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1683736' date='Oct 22 2008, 06:38 PM']I am. I write all my husband's speeches, and 95% of his newspaper articles. He gets the byline, and I get to spend the money. The last article for the Edmonton Journal bought me a new yo-yo. The speech fees go right on the mortgage. It's like the worst kept secret in Edmonton. People are always commenting that his writing sure has improved since we got married. His stuff reads like stereo instructions.[/quote]

haha that is so cool.

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1682988' date='Oct 21 2008, 09:34 PM']If it's an Obama administration and things go badly, you bet the left will say it's an aftereffect from Bush's policies. There's no doubt in my mind that it will continue for a while. I have yet to see any political party own up and take the blame for anything.[/quote]

yep. i agree. anytime anyone criticizes bush around someone who likes bush, they say it's all clinton's fault. so i can see the pattern going on.