An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Can Do A Pretty Cool Trick With My Guitar... (video)

Jesus_lol

:mellow:
I'm definatly not from the FBI...*cough* CIA *cough*
*shifty eyes*

You've recorded before?! and got paid, nice! :bluesbrother:
You have to let me hear that sometime! :cans:

CIA?! oh lord they found me! *CRASH! out the window*

i will certainly post the songs when they are finished mastering them and i get a copy. not my normal style of music (cheesy lyrics, folk music) the guy has a cool voice though. and strangely he got me to do a full out distorted solo on one of his acoustic songs. cant wait to see how it all turned out, i will definitely post here though!

*reports to dispacher* yup! i've located him. He wont be steeling candies form any more babies now!

lol wow so the gig and recording was recent? It's probably not a bad as you think :rolleyes: I'll be looking forward to it. :D
and hopefuly I wont hijack your thread again (i have a history for doing that :hehe: )

:hijack:

Edited by Christie_M

well since you are the only one here, i don't mind that it has been taken in new directions. would have gotten boring a long time ago if we had stuck on topic!
so what happened to your band anyways?
annoyingly enough, i have never been in a band

Edited by Jesus_lol

:)) I can just see it. 20 posts worth of how amazing you are (oh wait, we were just doing that lol)

My band broke up after we moved to a new place. we just didn't find time to practice amny more...never mind the fact that we were homeschooled... :crazy:

homeschooled? doesnt that give you more time for band-ing? you weren't one of those homeschoolers who can barely function socially, right? :D

Edited by Jesus_lol

YES! I cold not even go outside of my house. :P (edit sarcasm ;) )

:rolleyes: a common myth (for most) homeschoolers. I was in a band playing gigs, wasn't I? haha no, when I was young I was REALLY shy. but then 10th grade i went to public school. it was fun while it lasted.
what about YOU?

more time for the band, yes, but not if your siblings are yourself are submerged in chores on the property, clubs, and driving an avrage of 120miles 3times a week to and from L.A.

Edited by Christie_M

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1683305' date='Oct 22 2008, 12:30 AM']...

(and just to let you know I [b]smell of elderberries [/b]at spelling :mellow: )[/quote]

i just noticed that. :unsure:

i didn't write that...did a mod do that??

i like to think i am not very socially stunted, but how do i know, eh?
public school for me, but i did pay attention so i am not that dumb!

alright much as i have enjoyed spending the night with you(saucy! ^_^ ) i must take my leave and rest mine head, else it falls off.
see you and hopefully some more peeps here later! or earlier, whichever! :)
bonne nuit :snore:

Edited by Jesus_lol

That was incredible... not so much the balancing :P but I love those riffs!

love the intro and the blusey thing towards the end

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1683343' date='Oct 22 2008, 01:45 AM']:)) I can just see it. 20 posts worth of how amazing you are (oh wait, we were just doing that lol)[/quote]
well, that is how most threads i post in turn out. :D

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1683392' date='Oct 22 2008, 08:10 AM']This is a sweet thread. I left a Youtube comment. I thought it was pretty good.[/quote]

thanks SMM. i thought it would make a cool video, and i have been wanting to record some of those riffs for a while now.

the bluesy part is not as amazing as it sounds Rk, just my own sort of take on a 12 bar shuffle. do you play guitar? if people want i could tab out parts of this, particularily some variations on the 12 bar shuffle that they could use in a jam or something

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1683447' date='Oct 22 2008, 11:16 AM']well, that is how most threads i post in turn out. :D

thanks SMM. i thought it would make a cool video, and i have been wanting to record some of those riffs for a while now.

the bluesy part is not as amazing as it sounds Rk, just my own sort of take on a 12 bar shuffle. do you play guitar? if people want i could tab out parts of this, particularily some variations on the 12 bar shuffle that they could use in a jam or something[/quote]

Yea I play... I posted the pictures of my les paul and my ESP a while back? No remember?

I liked the fills between the 12 bar.

oh yeah, they were some pretty guitars. that was quite a while ago, i have been a bit of an absentee on PM recently.
thanks! it took me a little while to be able to throw that stuff in and stay in time.