An Old School Catholic Message Board

John Mccain Pro Life? What A Joke

Fidei Defensor

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Justin86' post='1684649' date='Oct 23 2008, 08:42 PM']Yes, and you are being lazy. You're the one expecting everyone to read your mind. If you weren't lazy you wouldn't have minded saying you didn't agree with the article at least by your second post. Instead you're on a rampage trying to convince everyone they should use psychic powers.

If we didn't assume anything we would never get anywhere in debate. If we used you're philosophy debate would be nothing more than a bunch of questions. It really should not be difficult to find out what the people you are debating with think. The whole idea is based on sharing what you think and having some one else refute it.[/quote]
I'm not being lazy if I didn't explicitly want to share my opinion.

And this isn't a debate. This is an opinion article I found and posted. Not only did I not share my opinion, but I also made no claims or arguments. I could understand your frustration if I were trying to debate a point, but I'm not. You're the one who is throwing a fit about not knowing my opinion. I never asked you to debate me. You can, however, feel free to comment about the article or the author of the article rather than taking it out on me.

And I think you're wrong about "my philosophy." It's always good to understand a person's argument and position by asking, rather than assuming.

[quote name='kujo' post='1684464' date='Oct 23 2008, 06:30 PM']I gotta say that I agree here. Just because someone posts something about Obama's support for something does not mean that they agree or disagree with it.[/quote]
I disagree.

He posted an article.

I responded.

He defended his post.

I responded again, this time quoting the post which he previously defended.

He accuses me of attributing the article to him.

I think it's common sense, if you followed the thread, to see that he posted the article because he agreed with it.

I mean, gimme a break. If I have a history of bashing the Dallas Cowboys, and I post an article that bashes the Dallas Cowboys, and then I post a follow up that seems to agree with that article, and then somebody points out that the article is wrong--do you really expect me to then say, "well, I didn't say I agreed with the article".

C'mon. Really?

If I have a known history of bashing the Dallas Cowboys, why would I post an article that bashes the Cowboys if [b]A)[/b] I didn't agree with it, or[b] B)[/b] without a disclaimer saying, "hey, I know I hate the Cowboys, but this article went to far".

Like I said, if you don't tell people your take on a post, don't get mad when your post gets attributed to you, [b]especially[/b] when you have a history of having the same ideology of what you posted.