An Old School Catholic Message Board

John Mccain Pro Life? What A Joke

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1684357' date='Oct 23 2008, 02:53 PM']I posted an article that was an opinion piece by a Presidential candidate. How about you comment about the authors opinions instead of pinning them to me?[/quote]
If you don't want to condone the things that you post, then don't post things that you condemn. I saw no disclaimer stating that you disagreed with the article, so we can only assume that you posted it because you agree with it.

Here's a simple concept: If you don't want the things that YOU post "pinned" to YOU, then YOU shouldn't post them.

[quote name='kujo' post='1684423' date='Oct 23 2008, 05:23 PM']Nice to see that things around here are nice and congenial, just the way I left them.

:rollseyes:[/quote]
I like your hat.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='dUSt' post='1684388' date='Oct 23 2008, 02:20 PM']If you don't want to condone the things that you post, then don't post things that you condemn. I saw no disclaimer stating that you disagreed with the article, so we can only assume that you posted it because you agree with it.

Here's a simple concept: If you don't want the things that YOU post "pinned" to YOU, then YOU shouldn't post them.[/quote]
I love that logic.

No, you can't assume anything. You can, however, ask for my opinion, instead of assuming to know what I do and do not support. I post things because I like to hear opinions on them as well as fodder discussion.

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1684460' date='Oct 23 2008, 07:26 PM']I love that logic.

No, you can't assume anything. You can, however, ask for my opinion, instead of assuming to know what I do and do not support. I post things because I like to hear opinions on them as well as fodder discussion.[/quote]

I gotta say that I agree here. Just because someone posts something about Obama's support for something does not mean that they agree or disagree with it.

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1684460' date='Oct 24 2008, 07:26 AM']I love that logic.

No, you can't assume anything. You can, however, ask for my opinion, instead of assuming to know what I do and do not support. I post things because I like to hear opinions on them as well as fodder discussion.[/quote]
Do you have carpal tunnel syndrome or something that make sit impossible for you to type something like, "Hey, I thought this article was interesting I think blah, blah, blah, about it. What do you guys think?"

Honestly, so many posters here expect everyone to read their minds, and it's nothing more than laziness. How about you just [i]say what you think[/i], and clear it up for everyone?

Edited by Justin86

[quote name='Justin86' post='1684495' date='Oct 23 2008, 08:06 PM']Do you have carpal tunnel syndrome or something that make sit impossible for you to type something like, "Hey, I thought this article was interesting I think blah, blah, blah, about it. What do you guys think?"

Honestly, so many posters here expect everyone to read their minds, and it's nothing more than laziness. How about you just [i]say what you think[/i], and clear it up for everyone?[/quote]

Must he (or she....not sure who started this whole thread) articulate his/her opinion at the start instead of just posting the article and see what everyone else thinks?

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Justin86' post='1684495' date='Oct 23 2008, 05:06 PM']Do you have carpal tunnel syndrome or something that make sit impossible for you to type something like, "Hey, I thought this article was interesting I think blah, blah, blah, about it. What do you guys think?"

Honestly, so many posters here expect everyone to read their minds, and it's nothing more than laziness. How about you just [i]say what you think[/i], and clear it up for everyone?[/quote]
Perhaps I wasn't looking to say what I think? Maybe I wanted to know what you think before I say what I think? Not everything has to be cut and dry "here is the question, here is the answer." I'm curious to see your opinion without having to share mine. There is nothing wrong with that.

[quote name='kamiller42' post='1684290' date='Oct 23 2008, 11:19 AM']He did end partial birth abortion.[/quote]

correction: he ended[i] legal[/i] partial birth abortions [i]in america.
[/i]

[quote name='SpareTime' post='1684525' date='Oct 23 2008, 08:35 PM']correction: he ended[i] legal[/i] partial birth abortions [i]in america.
[/i][/quote]

Well, considering President Bush is the President of the United States of America and not, say, dictator of the world...

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1684515' date='Oct 24 2008, 08:20 AM']Perhaps I wasn't looking to say what I think? Maybe I wanted to know what you think before I say what I think? Not everything has to be cut and dry "here is the question, here is the answer." I'm curious to see your opinion without having to share mine. There is nothing wrong with that.[/quote]
Don't expect everyone to automatically assume you don't agree with the article unless you say you don't, that's all I said.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Justin86' post='1684636' date='Oct 23 2008, 08:35 PM']Don't expect everyone to automatically assume you don't agree with the article unless you say you don't, that's all I said.[/quote]
No, you really didn't say that. You actually accused me of being lazy.

All I'm saying is, how about you don't assume anything? And when in doubt, ask for an opinion.

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1684640' date='Oct 24 2008, 11:36 AM']No, you really didn't say that. You actually accused me of being lazy.[/quote]
Yes, and you are being lazy. You're the one expecting everyone to read your mind. If you weren't lazy you wouldn't have minded saying you didn't agree with the article at least by your second post. Instead you're on a rampage trying to convince everyone they should use psychic powers.

[quote]All I'm saying is, how about you don't assume anything? And when in doubt, ask for an opinion.[/quote]
If we didn't assume anything we would never get anywhere in debate. If we used you're philosophy debate would be nothing more than a bunch of questions. It really should not be difficult to find out what the people you are debating with think. The whole idea is based on sharing what you think and having some one else refute it.

Edited by Justin86