An Old School Catholic Message Board

Police Prepare Around Country

BG45

[url="http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/police-prepare-for-unrest-2008-10-21.html"]http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/police...2008-10-21.html[/url]

[quote]Police departments in cities across the country are beefing up their ranks for Election Day, preparing for possible civil unrest and riots after the historic presidential contest.

Public safety officials said in interviews with The Hill that the election, which will end with either the nation’s first black president or its first female vice president, demanded a stronger police presence.

ome worry that if Barack Obama loses and there is suspicion of foul play in the election, violence could ensue in cities with large black populations. Others based the need for enhanced patrols on past riots in urban areas (following professional sports events) and also on Internet rumors.

Democratic strategists and advocates for black voters say they understand officers wanting to keep the peace, but caution that excessive police presence could intimidate voters.[/quote]

More in the article.

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1684130' date='Oct 23 2008, 01:26 AM']Yeah, boo hoo that would be too bad.[/quote]

I think violence and destruction would be a bad thing, as would further division of the country.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1684131' date='Oct 23 2008, 02:27 AM']I think violence and destruction would be a bad thing, as would further division of the country.[/quote]

I would think, but that's just me. I value human life...all human life, including that which is already breathing on its own.

If some of his more emotional supporters got...distressed...heh. Well did you realize that the U.S. Military has a new command in Colorado Springs with the express purpose of riot control and urban warfare on U.S. soil which skirts dangerously close to violating the Posse Comitatus Act? To be utilized at the authorization of the President for situations in which search and rescue or defense beyond that of the National Guard's ability is needed. Very scary when applied to the major rioting scenario; U.S. troops on U.S. streets.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1684130' date='Oct 22 2008, 11:26 PM']Yeah, boo hoo that would be too bad.[/quote]
I'm going to save this quote. Because I can promise you, come election day, if Obama wins, you'll be doing exactly this, and blaming everyone under the sun for McCain's loss.

[quote name='BG45' post='1684459' date='Oct 23 2008, 06:25 PM']I would think, but that's just me. I value human life...all human life, including that which is already breathing on its own.

If some of his more emotional supporters got...distressed...heh. Well did you realize that the U.S. Military has a new command in Colorado Springs with the express purpose of riot control and urban warfare on U.S. soil which skirts dangerously close to violating the Posse Comitatus Act? To be utilized at the authorization of the President for situations in which search and rescue or defense beyond that of the National Guard's ability is needed. Very scary when applied to the major rioting scenario; U.S. troops on U.S. streets.[/quote]

Yep, also there is the issue of race relations. Can you imigain the impact on the black community?

[quote name='Hassan' post='1684582' date='Oct 23 2008, 10:12 PM']Yep, also there is the issue of race relations. Can you imigain the impact on the black community?[/quote]

I'd rather not even think about it...

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1684476' date='Oct 23 2008, 05:36 PM']I'm going to save this quote. Because I can promise you, come election day, if Obama wins, you'll be doing exactly this, and blaming everyone under the sun for McCain's loss.[/quote]

She'll be out in the streets rioting?

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='CatholicCid' post='1684603' date='Oct 23 2008, 08:01 PM']She'll be out in the streets rioting?[/quote]
See progression below:

[quote name='Hassan' post='1684120' date='Oct 22 2008, 11:17 PM']God help us if Obama looses and his more emotional supporters think he was robbed of the election[/quote]

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1684130' date='Oct 22 2008, 11:26 PM']Yeah, boo hoo that would be too bad.[/quote]
Note, she was referring to how Obama supporters would feel if he lost. And I speculated that she would feel the same way if McCain lost and would probably make remarks about how he somehow stole the election.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1684582' date='Oct 23 2008, 09:12 PM']Yep, also there is the issue of race relations. Can you imigain the impact on the black community?[/quote]
The black community will be smashed into the ground?

God help the language.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1684608' date='Oct 23 2008, 10:09 PM']The black community will be smashed into the ground?

God help the language.[/quote]

at lyst I dun't spal des bad :sadder:

This is a load of cr@p if you ask me. People lose elections, um, EVERY SINGLE TIME! Every single American presidential election has resulted in a loser. Every one of them. And each loser had about 45-49% of the country alongside of them in the loser category. Why is [i]this[/i] election so d@mn special that we need to beware of riots?