An Old School Catholic Message Board

Palin's Shopping Spree

BG45

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1684633' date='Oct 23 2008, 09:34 PM']If this were a man we wouldn't be having this discussion.
What is she supposed to wear on the campaign trail, goodwill??[/quote]

...ummm...do you remember a gentleman named "John Edwards" who got a very expensive haircut?

Saint Therese

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1684635' date='Oct 23 2008, 10:35 PM']How about the clothes she already owns?[/quote]
Thats fine, but she's not touring the country as a private citizen, but as a vice presidential candidate of the Republican party. I'm sure O'bama's clothes were paid for by the Dems, and McCains by the Republicans.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1684671' date='Oct 23 2008, 08:50 PM']Thats fine, but she's not touring the country as a private citizen, but as a vice presidential candidate of the Republican party. I'm sure O'bama's clothes were paid for by the Dems, and McCains by the Republicans.[/quote]
And if she really wanted to walk the walk, rather than just talking the talk, when she says she's just like the rest of us, she wouldn't be needing new and expensive clothes which the rest of us can't afford. So much for understanding the middle class.

Saint Therese

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1684672' date='Oct 23 2008, 10:51 PM']And if she really wanted to walk the walk, rather than just talking the talk, when she says she's just like the rest of us, she wouldn't be needing new and expensive clothes which the rest of us can't afford. So much for understanding the middle class.[/quote]
Same for O'bama.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1684677' date='Oct 23 2008, 08:54 PM']Same for O'bama.[/quote]
That's the best you've got? We aren't talking about Obama. We're talking about Sarah Palin. If you want to have a separate discussion about who pays for Obama's or McCain's suits, lets. However, right now, we're talking about the money spent on Palin's clothes.

Saint Therese

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1684679' date='Oct 23 2008, 10:56 PM']That's the best you've got? We aren't talking about Obama. We're talking about Sarah Palin. If you want to have a separate discussion about who pays for Obama's or McCain's suits, lets. However, right now, we're talking about the money spent on Palin's clothes.[/quote]
Let's find out how much money she spends on underwear. I bet its too much!!!

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1684689' date='Oct 23 2008, 10:04 PM']Let's find out how much money she spends on underwear. I bet its too much!!![/quote]
I lost a lot of underwear in the flood (a.k.a. the storm surge from Hurricane Ike), but I do not want those hand-me-downs!

Saint Therese

[quote name='tgoldson' post='1684694' date='Oct 23 2008, 11:07 PM']I lost a lot of underwear in the flood (a.k.a. the storm surge from Hurricane Ike), but I do not want those hand-me-downs![/quote]
:ohno:
That's not good.
Are you still lacking for anything?

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1684672' date='Oct 23 2008, 10:51 PM']And if she really wanted to walk the walk, rather than just talking the talk, when she says she's just like the rest of us, she wouldn't be needing new and expensive clothes which the rest of us can't afford. So much for understanding the middle class.[/quote]
Republicans have no problem with the 600 million dollar candidate's suits. They never brought it up as an issue until now. It was never mentioned as a reason The One is not your average Joe.

If you think Palin is suddenly out of touch because she has been wearing nice clothes for 6 weeks to appear appealing to a massive public audience, then you do not understand the makeup of a human.

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1684705' date='Oct 23 2008, 10:14 PM']:ohno:
That's not good.
Are you still lacking for anything?[/quote]
I'm loved unconditionally by God... so technically no. Please keep praying for all the people in Galveston. It's really, really hard. I feel like I'm in a bad movie, but I can't get up and leave the theatre.

My home got 2-3 feet of flood water... lost most of my furniture and appliances, a lot of clothes and shoes, and other random things. Just the other day I realized that I need a new iron and ironing board... but I won't need them until my place is fixed, and that will take months.

regarding the original topic, Palin's clothes are getting too much attention.

and I could use a few more pairs of socks. (I wear size 8.5 or 9 women's shoes.)

NON-ISSUE!

Our President and VP should not look like us. I don't want to see our heads of state dressed in jeans and a t-shirt (though a Phatmass one would be pretty pimptacular!). They need to look dignified and professional.

Again, get over it. Who cares what this lady wears?

dominicansoul

[quote name='Hassan' post='1684580' date='Oct 23 2008, 08:10 PM']The jet can be defended, the $1500 suits cannot.[/quote]

Lame