An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kkk And The Obama Presidency

eagle_eye222001

KKK Threat  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

eagle_eye222001

The following video interview contains footage of the hate group KKK (when I say 'KKK' I don't mean the Krusty Komedy Klassic from the Simpsons.) events and probably should not be viewed with small children.

[url="http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=3271179&version=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1"]http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages/Ho...mp;pageId=1.1.1[/url]

I really wonder. It's weird to think that this group still exists. I guess they can exists...but trying to do something is another story I guess.

To be clear, I am not hoping death on Obama. As much as I disagree with Obama, I do not want him to be assassinated. I am just speculating.

:matrix:

Edited by eagle_eye222001

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1683980' date='Oct 22 2008, 10:45 PM']The following video interview contains footage of the hate group KKK (when I say 'KKK' I don't mean the Krusty Komedy Klassic from the Simpsons.) events and probably should not be viewed with small children.

[url="http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=3271179&version=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1"]http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages/Ho...mp;pageId=1.1.1[/url]

I really wonder. It's weird to think that this group still exists. I guess they can exists...but trying to do something is another story I guess.

To be clear, I am not hoping death on Obama. As much as I disagree with Obama, I do not want him to be assassinated. I am just speculating.

:matrix:[/quote]

I don't know why you would think they don't exist. Have you seen some of the nuts outside McCain rallies?

Growing up in the south I grew up hearing about the Klan although I've never seen them.

My friends mom did. When she was on a farm her neighboor held Klan rallies. The family being Catholic had to bolt up the house and hide.

Sure they'd be a threat.

Growing up in the south I have seen Klan rallies. I have watched the city nearly explode into rioting when we elected our first African American mayor and he personally signed the permit for them to protest him. These folks are very misguided, but serious.

[quote name='BG45' post='1683998' date='Oct 22 2008, 11:56 PM']Sure they'd be a threat.

Growing up in the south I have seen Klan rallies. I have watched the city nearly explode into rioting when we elected our first African American mayor and he personally signed the permit for them to protest him. These folks are very misguided, but serious.[/quote]

These folks are satans children.

Ash Wednesday

You know, as much as I disagree with many of his policies, it would be a horrible thing to see some group or racist nutter assassinate Obama and I hope it never happens if he is elected. But to be honest it does worry me.

Then again I imagine there are people out there that aren't too fond of Bush and fortunately nothing has happened to him yet. I suppose they changed their minds at the thought of "President Cheney."

I've had dealings with the KKK, the Posse Comitatus, Aryan Nation, Christian Identity, NAAWP, and some general skin heads. The Southern Poverty Law Center tracks them, and has some really wonderful background information on all of these, plus many, many more. If you're curious about why a Poverty group would track white extremist groups, it's simple. When people are desperate, they will listen to stuff that they normally wouldn't, and when times are bad, there are always snake oil salesmen around to take advantage.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1684028' date='Oct 23 2008, 12:14 AM']I've had dealings with the KKK, the Posse Comitatus, Aryan Nation, Christian Identity, NAAWP, and some general skin heads. The Southern Poverty Law Center tracks them, and has some really wonderful background information on all of these, plus many, many more. If you're curious about why a Poverty group would track white extremist groups, it's simple. When people are desperate, they will listen to stuff that they normally wouldn't, and when times are bad, there are always snake oil salesmen around to take advantage.[/quote]

I'd be really interested in information you could direct me to.

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1684144' date='Oct 23 2008, 12:35 AM']I've heard lots of people say he would be assinated, and even on talk radio i think.[/quote]

you cant control racist lunatics
unless you kill them first

Saint Therese

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1684148' date='Oct 23 2008, 01:37 AM']you cant control racist lunatics
unless you kill them first[/quote]
ooooohhh!

[quote name='Hassan' post='1684115' date='Oct 23 2008, 12:14 AM']I'd be really interested in information you could direct me to.[/quote]

SPLC's [url="http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intpro.jsp"]Inteligence Project[/url]

Anti-Defamation League's [url="http://www.adl.org/main_Extremism/default.htm"]Extremism Page[/url]

Those two sites will give you as fair and true a picture of extremist groups as anything. The ADL obviously has some bias, but the Southern Poverty Law Center is as impartial as can be when fighting against hate.

I second SPLC and Morris Dees. It's one of the primary sources I used in a course on domestic terrorism and is one of the top three links in my "School Reference" bookmark folder.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1683988' date='Oct 22 2008, 11:49 PM'][font="Arial Black"][size=7]I HATE THE KKK AND HOPE THEY ALL BURN IN HELL [/size][/font][[/quote]
Thats about as christian of a quote i've heard all day!