An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kkk And The Obama Presidency

eagle_eye222001

KKK Threat  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think they're any more or less a threat than any other fringe group or terrorist cell in our country. Perhaps they're more likely to want to take a shot at Obama than Bush or McCain, but I don't think they're any more likely than other groups.

It depends on who in the KKK we're talking about as to how likely they would be to do something the entire nation would be horrified at. The leadership is too scared to, the average guy doesn't have a chance; someone in the middle would. Despite the whole "rusting cars and rednecks" image, they can still be dangerous when they want to be. (Of course they can also just be a nuisance on your courthouse steps that cost the county $126,000 to keep them from being ripped apart by the angry crowds...)

White Supremacist groups as a whole are a strange animal. They can have some otherwise quite intelligent people in them, who acts as provacateurs for others to carry on their actions. A good example being a man from my state named Pierce who recently passed away, he wrote the Turner Diaries under an assumed name and ran a Neo Nazi compound in the southern half of West Virginia; he was always very careful never to fall in the spotlight of anyone important, yet his works inspired neo nazi murders as far away as California, and a copy of his book, the Turner Diaries was found in Timothy McVeigh's belongings, with the section about using a fertilizer explosive on a federal building well thumbed...

Then you have the opposite end of the spectrum, the complete idiot white supremacists who get caught hook, line, and sinker before they can do anything. We had a group when I was in middle school called the Mountaineer Militia; they wanted to destroy an FBI complex. What they didn't realize was half of them were informers, and they were using the FBI's money to buy and plan the whole thing. It was a [b]very short trial filled with very da*ning evidence in great detail[/b]. Good job FBI! :)

It just takes one nut with a bomb or gun. The Secret Service will tell you that there is actually nothing they can do to prevent someone from killing the president if the assassin is willing to die to accomplish his goal. I said long ago that I'd hate to be on Obama's security detachment.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1685200' date='Oct 24 2008, 05:02 PM']It just takes one nut with a bomb or gun. The Secret Service will tell you that there is actually nothing they can do to prevent someone from killing the president if the assassin is willing to die to accomplish his goal. I said long ago that I'd hate to be on Obama's security detachment.[/quote]

Agreed. I can't imagine the paranoia and worry that goes along with it.