An Old School Catholic Message Board

Satan Using Atheism Once Again

Thy Geekdom Come

Thy Geekdom Come

[url="http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,443705,00.html"]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,443705,00.html[/url]

"The money will be used to place posters on 30 buses carrying the slogan 'There's probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life.' The plan was to run the ads for four weeks starting in January, but so much money has been raised that the project may be expanded."

Just look at the slogan and ask yourself, "is there any chance that maybe, just maybe, these atheists are angry at God because they think He gets in the way, rather than true atheists?"

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Paddington' post='1684300' date='Oct 23 2008, 11:48 AM']There is probably a chance that they are probably worried and that they probably could enjoy life a little more. :mellow:[/quote]
That's what I'm saying, more or less. Most of the atheists I've spoken with over the years are atheists because they see God as a reason to have fear or anxiety, so they just convince themselves that God doesn't exist, when instead, they should be learning that God is loving and not a source of anxiety (unless, of course, we refuse to have a good relationship with Him, but that's on our heads, not His).

[quote name='prose' post='1684309' date='Oct 23 2008, 12:07 PM']It would be great if some vandal changed it to:

There is God, now enjoy life.[/quote]
I like that! :)

It sounded to me like immaturity grating against rules, like a teenager telling their parents they hate them and wish they were dead because they won't let them go out late at night.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Raphael' post='1684306' date='Oct 23 2008, 10:01 AM']That's what I'm saying, more or less. Most of the atheists I've spoken with over the years are atheists because they see God as a reason to have fear or anxiety, so they just convince themselves that God doesn't exist, when instead, they should be learning that God is loving and not a source of anxiety (unless, of course, we refuse to have a good relationship with Him, but that's on our heads, not His).[/quote]
Well, someone who threatens to throw you into fiery damnation has a way of causing a bit of anxiety.

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1684623' date='Oct 23 2008, 10:25 PM']So how did they calculate their probability I wonder?[/quote]
I dunno. I think they used some figure like 113,000. Otherwise, the numbers don't really add up.

eagle_eye222001

Their ad fails at [i]"probably."[/i] :clapping: I mean...I am supposed to act as if God does not exists because not that [i]he does not[/i] exists but rather [i]probably [/i]because he [i]does not[/i] exist?

Whatever happened to Pascal's Wager? Apparently their "probability" is bigger than Pascal's probability and outweighs the risk? I would like to see the reasoning on that. Where do they explain their "probability?"

Someone want to donate money to a new group I formed? We are going to run ads on airplanes that say..."since wearing seat belts probably do not save your life most of the time...don't wear them."

They need to say, [i]"there is no God."[/i] And then explain why.

Their ad fails hilariously. They are asking people to accept their "probably." :lol_sign: and not their certainty.

Atheists needs to quit worrying about people's beliefs and enjoy their own life.

Edited by Selah