An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should Women Be Included In The Draft?

Fidei Defensor

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1687319' date='Oct 27 2008, 01:27 PM']:lol:

Sometimes... :unsure:[/quote]
Isn't Matt's b-day tomorrow? :woot:

:mellow:

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='rachael' post='1687677' date='Oct 27 2008, 10:57 PM']Isn't Matt's b-day tomorrow? :woot:

:mellow:[/quote]

Yeah. He's old now.

dominicansoul

[quote name='rachael' post='1686687' date='Oct 26 2008, 11:30 AM']Can you imagine a bunch of teenage girls fresh from high school going into battle?

God help us all.

:mellow:[/quote]

[quote name='picchick' post='1686738' date='Oct 26 2008, 01:53 PM']But can you imagine a bunch of teenagers fresh out of high school going into battle at all?[/quote]

[quote name='Slappo' post='1686742' date='Oct 26 2008, 01:56 PM']teenagers with guns on a war field = scary.[/quote]

Actually, thousands of teenagers went into battle against Hitler and the Nazi's in WWII. They fared pretty darn well! My dad was only 17 years old on D-Day and the Battle of the Bulge...and 18 when he first came across the horrors of the holocaust...

I say let's draft ONLY TEENAGERS! :topsy:

princessgianna

[quote name='Excelsior1027' post='1684843' date='Oct 24 2008, 01:51 AM']As a man, I would be furious as all heck if there was a draft instituted that included women. I agree with eagle_eye on this, men are just better fitted for war. I'm not saying women shouldn't be in the army, because there are women who can do it and do it very well, I'm sure. I also agree that women would be a distraction. In the heat of battle a man's instinct to protect the women could interfere with what has to be done. Plus, just personally--I, as a man, would want to go to war to protect my sisters in Christ back home, not see them go to protect me. I would feel that's my duty. I honestly hope that it's never even considered to include women in the draft; I don't see how anyone could think it might be a good thing.[/quote]
Well since i am not a guy i can only give it from a lady's opinion

I agree with most of what people are saying and i am like repeating it oh well here it goes.

It is more of a guys nature to go out and kill to provide for the family(so i have heard)
while a womans is to gather children and the berries and fix the food the husband provides. (i see my self being this way)

So while men are more fitted to fight and protect for the women and children' women are more fitted to protect the children.

Though while I am saying this I think it is important for all Ladies out there to learn how to handle a gun safely and to able to fight when push comes to shove. And being that pit bull with lipstick has alot of truth

Do you remember the saying never get between a mama bear and her young
you never hear that about a papa bear!

Think about when you get a mother angry-she fights and only stops to a)reapply lipstick b) tuck the children in bed with a sweet good night c) take the bread out of the oven

Not that the Papa does not care it is just guys are different than girls

[i]men want to protect ~ women want to be protected [/i]
this does not mean that women should just stay at home but it is a natural urge for a guy to want to protect and a gal to want to be protected.

A study was done-both boys and girls were given dolls
boys-took the doll on a wild wild west ride
girls-cuddled it and sang it to sleep

in that same study both boys and girls were given cars
boys-played car race and the cars would slam into each other
girls-went to car parties

then there was a basket filled with dolls and cars all mixed together
boys-directly went to the cars with hardly a glance at the dolls
girls-naturally went to the baby dolls with hardly a glance at the cars

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~
alot of times when you see a feminist who wants to show those men-99% she was hurt by one( i know from personal experiance!) .

So no women should not be part of the draft while men and women are equal we are different.

Edited by princessgianna

• 2 weeks later...
cmotherofpirl

[url="http://popecenter.org/commentaries/article.html?id=2089"]http://popecenter.org/commentaries/article.html?id=2089[/url]

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1697884' date='Nov 8 2008, 04:49 PM']Should women be included in the draft?

Yes.[/quote]

Reason?