An Old School Catholic Message Board

Official "why I'm Not Voting Obama" Thread

BG45

So the official thread on why you aren't voting Obama, maybe it'll save us some spamming every thread with reasons.

Personally:
1) The Life Issue
2) He broke his campaign financing pledge.
3) Lack of experience (the same goes to Palin).
4) Intentional or not, his cult of personality is a bit intimidating.

Although there are a number of his views I support, those four tend to stick out as to why not.

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='BG45' post='1685146' date='Oct 24 2008, 03:05 PM']So the official thread on why you aren't voting Obama, maybe it'll save us some spamming every thread with reasons.

Personally:
1) The Life Issue
2) He broke his campaign financing pledge.
3) Lack of experience (the same goes to Palin).
4) Intentional or not, his cult of personality is a bit intimidating.

Although there are a number of his views I support, those four tend to stick out as to why not.[/quote]
Don't faint, everyone.

[list=1]
[*]His support for abortion.
[*]His vote to grant telecoms retroactive immunity for participating in spying on Americans without a warrant.
[/list]

Lack of experience

Cult of Personality (I'm voting for president, not messiah)

Shady backers

Change for change sake, always cost money, and is rarely an improvement

You mean why I didn't vote for Obama! :smokey:

1) Life

2) Integrity

3) Foreign Affairs

4) I do not think that fiscally the democratic way to "spread the wealth" is a correct way to spend our tax dollars. I believe in a free market competition for goods and services. There is so much I can say here about how lazy and greedy we ALL have got. That nothing will work in any way shape or form until Americans,get off there buttocks and get back to the basics. GOD,FAMILY,NEIGHBOR and RESPONSIBILITY. That is my two cents! Its worth a trillion bucks! (Please apply it towards the deficeit)

Edited by jckinsman

His invincible bigotry against the unborn and ties to Planned Parenthood.
His vague "change" and "hope" rhetoric.
His cult of personality.
His supporters.

Edited by geetarplayer

[quote name='jckinsman' post='1685197' date='Oct 24 2008, 04:57 PM']You mean why I didn't vote for Obama! :smokey:[/quote]

Another early voter, fun! There was no one on my ballot for State Surveyor, I voted Cthulhu by Write In for the position.

[quote name='BG45' post='1686383' date='Oct 25 2008, 11:29 PM']Another early voter, fun! There was no one on my ballot for State Surveyor, I voted Cthulhu by Write In for the position.[/quote]

Without mincing words here, I love you, man. Just for that.

[quote name='BG45' post='1686481' date='Oct 26 2008, 12:39 AM']hehe thanks Missy. :)[/quote]

:hijack:

Though it needs to be said that Cthulu is most certainly [i]not[/i] pro-life. ;)

[/end hijack]

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1686484' date='Oct 26 2008, 01:41 AM']:hijack:

Though it needs to be said that Cthulu is most certainly [i]not[/i] pro-life. ;)

[/end hijack][/quote]

Nor is he real. ;) Therefore, I contend that it is morally permissible to vote for Cthulhu.

[quote name='BG45' post='1686485' date='Oct 26 2008, 12:44 AM']Nor is he real. ;) Therefore, I contend that it is morally permissible to vote for Cthulhu.[/quote]

Supporting an evil to bring about an eventual good is still intrinsically evil. ;)

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1686487' date='Oct 26 2008, 01:45 AM']Supporting an evil to bring about an eventual good is still intrinsically evil. ;)[/quote]

But Cthulhu is intriniscally evil to begiin with, therefore I am cooperating with a non-existent greater evil than an existent lesser evil.