An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Events Have You Slept Through That You Were Planning To Do Or Go

eagle_eye222001

eagle_eye222001

So yeah., I was supposed to go to Six Flags Fright Fest with a Newman Group at 1 PM on Saturday with a ticket deal of only $15.

Definitely woke up, and walked over to my coffee machine, and read the time of 5:02 PM.

Whoops.

Anyone else care to share their events they missed by sleeping?

I slept through my water aerobics class two weeks ago. My husband had to catch an early flight, and after waking him up at 4am, I went back to sleep, and forgot to reset the alarm. At least it wasn't a school day.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1686164' date='Oct 25 2008, 07:32 PM']:shock:[/quote]

I was lucky, my prof let me make it up without any penalty.

I never slept through an exam, but was so drunk for a statistics exam that I spelled my name wrong on it. Got everything else right. He put a nasty note on it that the registrar didn't spell my name that way on the official class list. Years later it occurred to me that he must have thought I had someone else take the test for me.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1686189' date='Oct 25 2008, 08:37 PM']I never slept through an exam, but was so drunk for a statistics exam that I spelled my name wrong on it. Got everything else right. He put a nasty note on it that the registrar didn't spell my name that way on the official class list. Years later it occurred to me that he must have thought I had someone else take the test for me.[/quote]

I did that on Spanish in middle school :unsure:

only I was not drunk

I've never actually been drunk :blink:

she_who_is_not

I gave a presentation while drunk for a class called Women and Politics. Apparently, I compared missiles and phalluses. With illustrations. Drawn by hand on the chalkboard.

I had a festival i had to work at around 11am today (and hour away mind you) and i accidently slept in untill 10:30. finally got to the place and they didn't need me any more...what a waste of gas <_<

[quote name='she_who_is_not' post='1686356' date='Oct 25 2008, 10:13 PM']I gave a presentation while drunk for a class called Women and Politics. Apparently, I compared missiles and phalluses. With illustrations. Drawn by hand on the chalkboard.[/quote]

:lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

[quote name='she_who_is_not' post='1686356' date='Oct 26 2008, 12:13 PM']I gave a presentation while drunk for a class called Women and Politics. Apparently, I compared missiles and phalluses. With illustrations. Drawn by hand on the chalkboard.[/quote]
Women and Politics? I'm guessing you got an A for that presentation then?

dominicansoul

I slept through a political science lecture in college. It was embarrassing, in that the professor was addressing me and I totally ignored him because I was asleep. My friend who sat next to me punched me really hard and woke me up. She said, "Prof was calling you!" I told her, "Doesn't he see I'm sleeping?" She looked at me and said, "YOUR EYES WERE OPEN!"

...I was asleep with my eyes open....!

...this had never happened before and it has not ever happened again...

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1686409' date='Oct 25 2008, 11:43 PM']I slept through a political science lecture in college. It was embarrassing, in that the professor was addressing me and I totally ignored him because I was asleep. My friend who sat next to me punched me really hard and woke me up. She said, "Prof was calling you!" I told her, "Doesn't he see I'm sleeping?" She looked at me and said, "YOUR EYES WERE OPEN!"

...I was asleep with my eyes open....!

...this had never happened before and it has not ever happened again...[/quote]

:mellow:

Saint Therese

Once in college I showed up for class and there was no one there. At all.
I never figured out what happened. i had been missing a lot of classes.