An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Events Have You Slept Through That You Were Planning To Do Or Go

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1686426' date='Oct 26 2008, 12:55 PM']Once in college I showed up for class and there was no one there. At all.
I never figured out what happened. i had been missing a lot of classes.[/quote]
*whistles X-Files theme*

dominicansoul

[quote name='Hassan' post='1686412' date='Oct 25 2008, 10:44 PM']:mellow:[/quote]

Yeah, it was a [i]political science[/i] class! :topsy:

dominicansoul

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1686436' date='Oct 25 2008, 11:03 PM']I used to show up to philosophy, not drunk but shall we say, I had been playing with the weeds.[/quote]
:shock:

dominicansoul

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1686439' date='Oct 25 2008, 11:05 PM']It was a LONG time ago. :rolleyes:[/quote]

I'm jealous :evil:

..I've never played with the weed.... :mellow:

Edited by dominicansoul

Saint Therese

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1686441' date='Oct 26 2008, 12:07 AM']I'm jealous :evil:

..I've never played with the weed.... :mellow:[/quote]
You shouldn't be. I lost quite a few brain cells. I have a notoriously poor short term memory.
Also, it kind of makes you stupid.
Not to mention its gravely offensive to God, and illegal.

Archaeology cat

The one and only class I ever slept through was the history of the Great Depression, and the class met at 1.15. Never had a problem making it to my 8.00 classes, ironically enough.

dominicansoul

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1686443' date='Oct 25 2008, 11:09 PM']You shouldn't be. I lost quite a few brain cells. I have a notoriously poor short term memory.
Also, it kind of makes you stupid.
Not to mention its gravely offensive to God, and illegal.[/quote]

Well then, I didn't miss out on anything... :topsy:

Another "event" I slept through unintentionally...

Back in March, my best friend Bob, my niece and I were walking the downtown area in Chicago for hours and hours and hours. It was freezing, and we were extremely tired. I told Bob we should try to make it to Saturday Evening Vigil Mass. We wound up at St. Peter's in the Loop. I was sooooooooo tired, that during the Mass, I fell asleep while standing up, fell forward and banged my head against the pew in front of me....

...now that's TIRED!

It would have been hilarious, except Bob and my niece both did the same thing at different points during the Mass...

I have no idea what the rest of the worshippers thought of us...

I fell asleep during my college graduation party lol Stretched out on the floor, used a stuffed animal as a pillow, and my graduation gown as a blanket. lol Mind you I was almost 5 months pregnant and exhausted from the events earlier in the day.

Carmeliteheart726

I was planning, several times, to go to the "Theology on Tap" discussions at a local restaurant, that were given by a priest in our diocese. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't stop falling asleep at home. I missed it so often that I just forgot about it altogether. Very frustrating!

Excelsior1027

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1686695' date='Oct 26 2008, 12:47 PM']Well then, I didn't miss out on anything... :topsy:

Another "event" I slept through unintentionally...

Back in March, my best friend Bob, my niece and I were walking the downtown area in Chicago for hours and hours and hours. It was freezing, and we were extremely tired. I told Bob we should try to make it to Saturday Evening Vigil Mass. We wound up at St. Peter's in the Loop. I was sooooooooo tired, that during the Mass, I fell asleep while standing up, fell forward and banged my head against the pew in front of me....

...now that's TIRED!

It would have been hilarious, except Bob and my niece both did the same thing at different points during the Mass...

I have no idea what the rest of the worshippers thought of us...[/quote]
:rolling:

Edited by Excelsior1027