An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Events Have You Slept Through That You Were Planning To Do Or Go

eagle_eye222001

I think I made it to two college algebra classes, the mid-term, and the final exam. It was a 7:30am. I figured I had learned as much algebra as I was going to at that point. When I handed in my final, the prof looked at me and said, "you know you could have just tested out of the class, and saved me the trouble of grading this thing."

Are we including events that we were drunk for and forgot and only know of what we did through friends?

I could contribute a lot, if that's the case. :mellow:

dominicansoul

Justin,

has anyone told you that getting drunk to the point of losing all consciousness of what you are doing is a sin?

Just wondering.....

I mean, go ahead, drink and be merry....but not TOO TOO merry! :topsy:

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Justin86' post='1686835' date='Oct 26 2008, 05:42 PM']Are we including events that we were drunk for and forgot and only know of what we did through friends?

I could contribute a lot, if that's the case. :mellow:[/quote]

I was going more for when you go to bed and sleep through an important event however if you got drunk and accidentally forgot that you were supposed to go somewhere that would be cool.

Actually, if you think it is relevant, go for it. Take what I said at the beginning and decide for yourself.

Besides. The longer the thread goes, the more intelligent I look for asking for input.

:birds: Ah. No eagle emoticon yet. Maybe next time.

Mandatory wing meeting once in college.

I also slept through someone being shot next door once; if I had woken up I would've planned on running away.

Archaeology cat

The storm sirens going off at college. My roommate tried to get me to wake up and go downstairs with her, and I evidently answered her in my sleep.

I slept through an ambulance in my driveway with its sirens on (we shared a driveway with my grandparents, and my grandfather had had a mild heart attack).

I slept through EMTs in my own house. I woke up while they were there, but only because I'd gotten too cold or hot (probably cold, as it was winter and I had no heat in my room).

I once slept through my 6th grade religious education class, and I was the teacher.

I was so exhausted from the day I decided I needed a little nap before class. I THOUGHT I set my alarm, but I messed something up. I woke up 10 minutes before it was over, so I jumped in my car and got there as fast as I could because it was the last class before Christmas and I had to hand out progress reports. Yikes. No more naps before that.

[size=1]I dunno if anyone has heard of the christian band Hawk Nelson, but I was in love with them some time ago and was once planningon going to their concert.
But because it was in February and it was all snowy and icey out here in Minnesota, my parents didnt want me to make the drive.

AND IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY TOO!

So my friend went without me and promised to have them CALL ME to say Happy birthday.

I didnt think it would acctually happen, but lo and behold that at around 11-12 at night the phone rang but no one was up to answer it.
I HEARD it, but I was too tied to pick it up.

It was Hawk Nelson and they were going to sing Happy birthday to me.

:rolleyes:
[/size]