An Old School Catholic Message Board

Message From Hm The Queen

cappie

I've read this before. This is a take on John Clese's ("Monty Python") work. It's a favourite of mine :D. Soon you will all realise as much as I do the meaning of "Long Live the Queen" (though I don't very much, because I'm a Canadian, a Catholic... and... yeah... the Monarchy is a figurehead :P).

Archaeology cat

[quote name='salterrae' post='1687626' date='Oct 28 2008, 01:17 AM']JM + JT

Will the weather have to change to constantly wet, cold, and cloudy?

We've had that for a while now... <_<[/quote]
It isn't [b]always [/b]like that. We've had a fairly sunny year actually. Like, I think we set some kind of record with the number sunny days this year.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='she_who_is_not' post='1687766' date='Oct 27 2008, 11:38 PM']Roundabouts are fun.[/quote]

Gah... no they aren't.

The first round-about they put in in our town was right outside an assisted-living facility. All day long elderly people with no idea how to merge drive round and round and stop at what they believe might be the exit.

Soon after that, we noticed one at the bottom of an exit ramp off of a major highway. Why a round-about makes sense in this case, I don't know. A light or a four-way stop sign is more expected.

"Dear God of England, please get me out of this. If you do, I promise to spell the word 'color' with a U, and use the metric system with every cubic milliliter of blood in my... oh, I can't do it! It's just so stupid!" - Homer Simpson

Galloglasses' Alt

"11. You will cease playing American football. There is only one kind of proper football; you call it soccer. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which has some similarities to American football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like a bunch of nancies)"
/\
While by my nature I am opposed to the British crown with every once of my Irish Presence. The above statement is so true its worth mentioning twice. XD

[quote name='Galloglasses' Alt' post='1688058' date='Oct 28 2008, 01:50 PM']"11. You will cease playing American football. There is only one kind of proper football; you call it soccer. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which has some similarities to American football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like a bunch of nancies)"
/\
While by my nature I am opposed to the British crown with every once of my Irish Presence. The above statement is so true its worth mentioning twice. XD[/quote]
Lawl.

I'm partly Welsh, so I have a certain enmity with Britain too :mellow:

[quote name='Galloglasses' Alt' post='1688058' date='Oct 28 2008, 12:50 PM']"11. You will cease playing American football. There is only one kind of proper football; you call it soccer. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which has some similarities to American football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like a bunch of nancies)"
/\
While by my nature I am opposed to the British crown with every once of my Irish Presence. The above statement is so true its worth mentioning twice. XD[/quote]

I'm a proud past rugger. I was a prop, not a hooker. Even had the concussion and separated shoulder to prove it. :thumbsup:

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1688145' date='Oct 28 2008, 03:00 PM']Lawl.

I'm partly Welsh, so I have a certain enmity with Britain too :mellow:[/quote]

Y ddraig goch, eh?

princessgianna

oh dear me i wonder if Mary Poppins will be popping in anytime soon and correct our horrible American posture!

:lol_roll:

too funny

Thy Geekdom Come

The upside: once parliament allows Catholics to take the throne once more, perhaps we can work on a similar letter to the Anglican communion from the Holy See, reclaiming all our stolen properties.

Ash Wednesday

Didn't this make the email rounds in 2000 when we had that debacle between Bush, Gore and Florida?

There was an American response to it that was pretty funny too, I believe.

[quote name='Raphael' post='1691504' date='Nov 2 2008, 07:34 AM']The upside: once parliament allows Catholics to take the throne once more, perhaps we can work on a similar letter to the Anglican communion from the Holy See, reclaiming all our stolen properties.[/quote]

hear hear!