An Old School Catholic Message Board

It's Okay To Hang Palin.

eagle_eye222001

eagle_eye222001

The PG-13 link is [url="http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-palineffigy29-2008oct29,0,1328064.story"]here[/url].

This is probably the most disturbing anti-Palin act yet. It is one thing to try to protest and block traffic and try to shout out a candidate at an event rally. What happened in California flies over the line and then looks back and spits on it. :sadder:

Like. Seriously. This is...really pushing it.

Now. If I were to do the exact same thing except with Obama...I would be shot out of the air so fast.

[img]http://www.iiaf.net/history/airdefense/Hawk.jpg[/img]

This is clear racism. Apparently it is okay to hang a white person as a sign of opinion...I can guarantee you it is not okay to symbolize the hanging of a black person.

This is utterly despicable and beak-dropping.

I really don't know what to say.

Edited by eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Justin86' post='1688209' date='Oct 28 2008, 05:41 PM']This wouldn't happen to be that same guy that hanged Santa Clause off his roof a few Christmas' ago, would it?[/quote]

:lol_roll:

really though, this is pretty sick. this guy needs his ass beat by the first dude.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='philothea' post='1688208' date='Oct 28 2008, 03:39 PM']I find it hard to believe that something which is essentially a death threat doesn't violate any laws.[/quote]
Because it's NOT a death threat. I doubt they did it because they want to kill her. They did it to prove a point or to be funny, not because they actually want her dead.

Galloglasses' Alt

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1688249' date='Oct 28 2008, 07:00 PM']Because it's NOT a death threat. I doubt they did it because they want to kill her. They did it to prove a point or to be funny, not because they actually want her dead.[/quote]
And I garauntee you it would be perceived as a death threat if it was Obama there, or Joe Biden hanging there and Obama up in the chimney on fire instead of McCain. I loves me some political satire, but this is equivical to the burning of mock-dolls of famous people as a sign of hatred. it would be more of a joke if they portrayed Palin as a vampire and McCain as a zombie. Now THERE's hollowe'en related political jokes.

princessgianna

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1688249' date='Oct 28 2008, 06:00 PM']Because it's NOT a death threat. I doubt they did it because they want to kill her. They did it to prove a point or to be funny, not because they actually want her dead.[/quote]
think about it if somebody did that about Obama the person would be beaten by people and be called racist but [i]SINCE[/i] it's Palin(who we need to remeber accepted a down syndrome baby with loving and open arms) and is (gasp) conservative woman politician who actually holds values then hey Freedom of Speech! I see double standards.

Galloglasses' Alt

Don't forget she's a gun-totting 'bada**' who wants to nuke Russia and is a buety Queen! In that respect it totally ok to diss her like this.

[quote name='Galloglasses' Alt' post='1688251' date='Oct 28 2008, 07:04 PM']And I garauntee you it would be perceived as a death threat if it was Obama there, or Joe Biden hanging there and Obama up in the chimney on fire instead of McCain. I loves me some political satire, but this is equivical to the burning of mock-dolls of famous people as a sign of hatred. it would be more of a joke if they portrayed Palin as a vampire and McCain as a zombie. Now THERE's hollowe'en related political jokes.[/quote]

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1688257' date='Oct 28 2008, 07:08 PM']think about it if somebody did that about Obama the person would be beaten by people and be called racist but [i]SINCE[/i] it's Palin(who we need to remeber accepted a down syndrome baby with loving and open arms) and is (gasp) conservative woman politician who actually holds values then hey Freedom of Speech! I see double standards.[/quote]

So true.... <_<

Galloglasses' Alt

Also, watch this video:

[url="http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-palineffigy28-2008oct28,0,541630.story"]http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-pa...,0,541630.story[/url]

Wait till the part where the reporter interveiws an Obama supporter, (she's the female one with Sunglasses, can't miss her), and listen to her words.

[u]Basically she says this:[/u]
[b]Girl:[/b] Yes they should be allowed to keep that up, I have nothing against it, hey Palin would even think its funny, right? I mean she's a gun totting bada** who likes killing things and all. Freedom of Speech, (something along those lines)
[b]Reporter:[/b] So you'd be ok if those guys had Obama up there instead right?
[b]Girl:[/b] Oh no, I'd burn the house down.
[b]Reporter:[/b] *stutters in surprise* B-but isn't that double-
[b]Girl:[/b] Yes thats waht i'd define as double standards, (almost proudly)

Wow.

hey dont it get it twisted though, this dude could end up getting roughed up.
his name is out there and his address, give it some time.
i'd say its 70/ 30 he doesnt shed some blood.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Galloglasses' Alt' post='1688251' date='Oct 28 2008, 05:04 PM']And I garauntee you it would be perceived as a death threat if it was Obama there, or Joe Biden hanging there and Obama up in the chimney on fire instead of McCain. I loves me some political satire, but this is equivical to the burning of mock-dolls of famous people as a sign of hatred. it would be more of a joke if they portrayed Palin as a vampire and McCain as a zombie. Now THERE's hollowe'en related political jokes.[/quote]

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1688257' date='Oct 28 2008, 05:08 PM']think about it if somebody did that about Obama the person would be beaten by people and be called racist but [i]SINCE[/i] it's Palin(who we need to remeber accepted a down syndrome baby with loving and open arms) and is (gasp) conservative woman politician who actually holds values then hey Freedom of Speech! I see double standards.[/quote]
It's in bad taste to do this in any circumstance. However, it is free speech.