An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phillidephia Wins!

T-Bone _

[quote name='Jevitt' post='1689357' date='Oct 30 2008, 02:20 PM']The Curse of William Penn has been lifted!

Half my school is going to be absent tomorrow for the parade.[/quote]

Technically, it hasn't. Someone put a small statue of Mr. Penn on top of the offending Comcast building.

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1689366' date='Oct 30 2008, 05:33 PM']Technically, it hasn't. Someone put a small statue of Mr. Penn on top of the offending Comcast building.[/quote]

I realize that. But hopefully it will suffice to lift the curse. Haha.

[quote name='Jevitt' post='1689357' date='Oct 30 2008, 05:20 PM']Half my school is going to be absent tomorrow for the parade.[/quote]

Lucky!!!

Take some pictures man, if you can. You live in Philly? I was born in Camden, raised in Wilmington. Most of my family is from Philly (particularly Northeast).

Well, they are still burning down the city, apparently. ;) (If you've been following the news up here, you know what I mean.) I have never seen so many people on Broad Street in all my life before last night.

And agreed with Alice, the Eagles need to take a serious hint. :mellow:

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1689698' date='Oct 31 2008, 01:58 AM']Well, they are still burning down the city, apparently. ;) (If you've been following the news up here, you know what I mean.) I have never seen so many people on Broad Street in all my life before last night.[/quote]

I saw some of the images of that, especially skycams of the crowds, amazing!

[b]Warning: Contains some foul language[/b]

[url="http://www.vimeo.com/2114873"]http://www.vimeo.com/2114873[/url]

A video taken by a resident in Philly, driving around the city right after the Phillies won the World Series.