An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Completley Went Dr. Cox On Someone Today

Justin86

Ok, so today I'm at Front Desk at work swamped with records that need to be updated, checked-in, checked-out, and everything else I ordinarily do, when one of the civilians who was answering the phones told me I needed to talk to this Marine who wanted to schedule a cleaning. Not a problem, except that he's a Dental Class 1, and while his last cleaning was six months ago, and yes, he technically did qualify for one, our schedule is so swamped with patients we really don't have the space available to get him one until he becomes Class 4 in another six months. This was politely explained to him by the nice civilian lady answering his phone call, and yet still he still persisted like a whiny little girl whose parents refused to buy him that Barbie doll that he just always wanted since the first time he saw it that night. His whining proved too much for the civilian, so he was given to me.

Me: Ok Lance Corporal, I don't care how much you whine, how much you beg, or how much you cry your little eyes out, you are not getting this cleaning.

Marine: But--

Me: Did I stutter? Because, you know, I [i]do[/i] actually have a stutter. I have been through speech therapy for that impediment, but unfortunately for me it was not 100% effective, and I do still stutter on occasion. However, I do know when I stutter, and I did [i]not[/i] stutter just now, so why are you still arguing with me, Shirley?

He was done at that point. But you know, nothing is more heart warming and wholesome than to be the bigger jerk when someone else is being a jerk too.

Semper Fi, everyone. :)

Edited by Justin86

Fidei Defensor

I really need to work on my collection of girls' names. Everything is just that much better when you throw a girl's name in.

What, you want a medal Squiddley?

:D
See, Justin gets it...you have to be Cox-like to get through to a whiney Jarhead.
You should have used the name Suzy though.

let_go_let_God

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1689559' date='Oct 30 2008, 10:37 PM']Would you have said the same thing to a lieutenant colonel that you said to the lance corporal?[/quote]

Hehehe

Being a military brat I can sum this up with a few ideas.

A) They wouldn't act like the lance corporal to begin with.

B) If they did they would deserve it and laugh about it later.

C) Just pull rank and get in anyway.

God bless-
LGLG

I'm just waiting for Justin to post a topic in a few days about an irate lance corporal who can bench more than him inviting him to open spar night at the base gym.....