An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers Needed For Raphael And Stcolette!

azaelia

Hey everyone,

I just got a message from Raphael that StColette's labor will be induced tonight/tomorrow morning. The doctor is concerned because the baby seems to be underdeveloped and is not getting sufficient nutrition. This has been a very difficult pregnancy for StColette. Please pray for both momma and baby!

Updates will be posted as they come.

Edited by azaelia

Thy Geekdom Come

So...the hospital has wireless...

Jen and I got here a couple hours ago. She's in bed watching tv. She and baby are both doing okay.

So here's what happened: the baby has had some slow growth, but until a test this morning, the baby had been within what is considered a safe growth range. Apparently, in the last three weeks, baby put on only 14 oz. instead of 1.5 lbs. (which would be normal). The doctor's concern is that the placenta was slowing down and may stop working, so she wants the baby to be induced so that the baby won't be deprived of nutrients or oxygen. Apparently this is most common in first pregnancies and it's not a terrible emergency, but it was a bit frightening and we wanted lots of prayer support.

Anyway, they induce at 6am tomorrow, which is funny because Jen and I were both supposed to be born on Halloween, 1984.

Oh, and now that I know we have wireless, expect me to post updates and photos tomorrow. :)

God bless,

Micah