An Old School Catholic Message Board

Paying People

BG45

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1689994' date='Oct 31 2008, 03:17 PM']Could the people in question react to what he said? Also, is expressing that one holds the opinion that another "deserves hell" really admonishment?[/quote]

You never were taught by an old-school nun, were you?

Let's not get caught up in the silly-sally 15-second soundbites. In serious cases, sometimes the only thing that will work is being "scared straight".

Edited by Norseman82

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1690019' date='Oct 31 2008, 03:43 PM']You never were taught by an old-school nun, were you?

Let's not get caught up in the silly-sally 15-second soundbites. In serious cases, sometimes the only thing that will work is being "scared straight".[/quote]
Haha, unfortunately not. If only...

I realize that being scared straight does work, but I don't know how damning someone to hell behind their back helps the situation.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1690043' date='Oct 31 2008, 04:01 PM']i was out of line although any male prositutes who devirginize gods innocent daughters have a big uphill battle i would say.[/quote]
And I would agree.
I should have said earlier that these men are indeed very sick and I'm not trying to defend their actions at all. It's just the whole judging the final destination of someone's soul thing that gets tricky. :)

Even though I don't presume to know what God will decide in the end, let's realize that these things are objectively grevely sinful, and that the "book penalty" is indeed hell. And I'm sure some of the "hell" comments may just be made out of frustration over the moral state of the world.

Let's also remember that Jesus also said that people who cause scandal would be better off being thrown into the sea with a giant millstone around their neck.

MC IMaGiNaZUN

hey they are not innocent, they are paying money to loose their virginity. No male prostitute knocks down the door of a virgin stealing her virginity.

I think what is amazing in our secular culture is the pressure of sex. Men seem to often not understand the pressure young women have in their life.

that they ask are they pretty or sexy? or the fact that their own self devaluation makes them feel like they will screw up sexually.

And what is even worse is that our materialistic society has conditioned them to measure their value in terms of sex.

Mercy

SHALOM
bro mark

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1690059' date='Oct 31 2008, 04:19 PM']Even though I don't presume to know what God will decide in the end, let's realize that these things are objectively grevely sinful, and that the "book penalty" is indeed hell. And I'm sure some of the "hell" comments may just be made out of frustration over the moral state of the world.[/quote]
Maybe so.
I can tell you that I probably [i]deserve[/i] hell. I pray to God that I don't get it, but with all the horrible things I've done to others and things I've done which have certainly offended the Lord should make me [i]deserve [/i]hell. The great thing is, even though I deserve punishment, our Saviour is so awesome that he permits me to fail, and [i]privileges [/i]me with the gift of heaven (which is certainly not what I deserve, but what I hope and strive for and believe in anyway).

[quote]Let's also remember that Jesus also said that people who cause scandal would be better off being thrown into the sea with a giant millstone around their neck.[/quote]
I'm not sure how this fits in to the conversation...could you expound?