An Old School Catholic Message Board

Menstruation Is Pointless.

Ash Wednesday

Ash Wednesday

Well, it IS.

If you're not having a baby that needs nutrients, it's completely POINTLESS except for making you bloated, crabby, crampy and just plain feeling yucky. So shut up with this "beauty of womenhood" garbage.

Saint Therese

Preach it sister.
I'm never going to have children. I wish I could have my uterus removed.

Edited by Saint Therese

HisChildForever

I absolutely agree. I get so furious at men when I have my period. They have [b]no[/b] idea the amount of pain we have to experience every single month. (It's such a distinct pain, too.) They don't experience pregnancy (and those pains - like morning sickness) or giving birth. [spoiler] And I've often heard that a woman's "first time" can be painful, whereas it's not painful at all for men. [/spoiler] I also get irritated when men say "Oh but we have to watch you suffer, that's worse." That's very touching to say, but it doesn't even tip the scale.

missionseeker

you talking to me?

[url="http://sccdga.blogspot.com/2008/01/painful-beauty-of-womanhood.html"]http://sccdga.blogspot.com/2008/01/painful...-womanhood.html[/url]

missionseeker

Though yes, I agree, it's stupid and painful and gross and i hate it and wish I could .. not be a woman somedays...

Ash Wednesday

If my husband or any man ever tells me when I'm in labor that it's worse for them by watching us suffer, I would probably kick them in the face.

I just want to gag when people try to sugar coat these kinds of things with insipid phrases like "the beauty of womanhood."

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1690435' date='Oct 31 2008, 09:14 PM']I just want to gag when people try to sugar coat these kinds of things with insipid phrases like "the beauty of womanhood."[/quote]

And yet we can claim "Felix culpa" and "The beauty of the cross" ???

It surely isn't enjoyable I'd assume, but who said beauty was always enjoyable?

Ash Wednesday

No, my ranting has nothing to do with what I presume to be yours or someone's blog entry -- I've never read that and at least you or whoever wrote it used the word "painful."

I talk about the people that really try to blow birds and sunshine up someone's butt about the whole thing with no grain of reality at all.

[quote name='missionseeker' post='1690418' date='Oct 31 2008, 11:07 PM']you talking to me?

[url="http://sccdga.blogspot.com/2008/01/painful-beauty-of-womanhood.html"]http://sccdga.blogspot.com/2008/01/painful...-womanhood.html[/url][/quote]

Edited by Ash Wednesday

I saw something about the fact that women have way too many periods now than we are supposed to. We hit puberty earlier than a 100 years ago, and we have fewer babies and don't breast feed as long. If we didn't hit puberty until 16, married within a year or two of that, and had a kid every other year or so for the next 20 years, we'd have very few actual periods.

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='Slappo' post='1690451' date='Oct 31 2008, 11:24 PM']And yet we can claim "Felix culpa" and "The beauty of the cross" ???

It surely isn't enjoyable I'd assume, but who said beauty was always enjoyable?[/quote]

People, I'm not talking about serious religious correlations here. Now if any of you don't like what I have to say, let me be grumpy in peace. I never said this post wasn't lame. :P

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1690453' date='Oct 31 2008, 11:25 PM']I saw something about the fact that women have way too many periods now than we are supposed to. We hit puberty earlier than a 100 years ago, and we have fewer babies and don't breast feed as long. If we didn't hit puberty until 16, married within a year or two of that, and had a kid every other year or so for the next 20 years, we'd have very few actual periods.[/quote]

Very interesting!

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1690453' date='Oct 31 2008, 09:25 PM']I saw something about the fact that women have way too many periods now than we are supposed to. We hit puberty earlier than a 100 years ago, and we have fewer babies and don't breast feed as long. If we didn't hit puberty until 16, married within a year or two of that, and had a kid every other year or so for the next 20 years, we'd have very few actual periods.[/quote]

Make more babies! :D

I almost feel like I have no place in this thread being a boy and all :unsure:

missionseeker

lol... as long as you're just talking about that other stuff...

yeah, they're pretty pointless. especially the ones that come two or three weeks apart <_<

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='Slappo' post='1690460' date='Oct 31 2008, 11:32 PM']Make more babies! :D

I almost feel like I have no place in this thread being a boy and all :unsure:[/quote]

I just read your post on open mic about your question about women's "visitors" and busted up laughing. In all seriousness I had NOT read that before I posted this.