An Old School Catholic Message Board

Menstruation Is Pointless.

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1690464' date='Oct 31 2008, 09:34 PM']I just read your post on open mic about your question about women's "visitors" and busted up laughing. In all seriousness I had NOT read that before I posted this.[/quote]

I thought that was kind of interesting that they both came up at about the same time!

Ash Wednesday

Hahahaha oh dear --
Missionseeker had posted her blog entry there, too. Hahahahaha --

[b]I swear on the holy bible and my mother's grave[/b] that I did NOT know anything about that entire post or your blog before I stomped onto this lame board and wrote all that.

I'm absolutely dying. :lol_roll:

I was talking about those crappy dialogues, like those instructional films and pamphlets that were written in the 70s that I got when I hit puberty in the 80s.

Ash Wednesday

This has to be one of the strangest incidents I've ever seen on here and I'm an oldster that's been on here since 2003. Missionseeker I'm sure your blog entry is fine and I'll have to read it over. I honestly hope you didn't experience any offense or thought I was referring to that.

I was just sitting in the bathroom pondering my painkillers and I heard this old 70s film reel with animated watercolor flowers and hummingbirds playing in my head about the "beautiful time of becoming a full woman for the first time!" I suppose anyone that has read "Are you there God, It's me, Margaret" knows what I'm talking about.

I'm just mad because I can't take a bubble bath and I've really grown attached to them lately.

missionseeker

lol, no, I did not. I kinda thought it was odd/funny about the two threads myself.

Yes. I seriously cannot understand what's so great about "becoming a woman' for the first time. it's gross, painful, and just plain scary. The scary goes away, i guess, but the gross and painful do not. The painful gets worse.

Ask your doctor about hyoscine butylbromide. After 36 years of horrible cramping, yeah the women in my family start freakishly early, I was prescribed this medication for the abdominal cramping that came with my food poisoning in March. When doing due diligence in researching the med, I found out that one of the uses for this is menstrual cramping. I asked the doctor if I could use it for that, and he said sure, it's not a narcotic or anything. It works quick, completely, and doesn't make me the least bit groggy. One dose usually knocks it out completely. I had to take two doses just once since March. It made me want to go to every Catholic high school in town and tell the girls that they don't have to believe that their choices are to take the pill or suffer in silence.

I know a girl at school who got her period on her [b]eighth birthday[/b][i][/i][u][/u]! Talk about an early bloomer! She didn't even know what it was until her mom noticed it and had her wait in the bathroom for her to get her some supplies.

I thought of doing another Weird Al-like song to make fun of periods. "It's the most wonderful time...

of the month."

Ash Wednesday

I knew a girl who started pretty early, too. I can't even begin to tell you how this early onset of puberty and the correlation it has with the sexualization of young girls just creeps me out on so many levels.

My problem is hypothyroidism and anemia and how it affects things. [spoiler]Hypothyroidism = heavy flow. Heavy flow can cause problems when you tend to get anemia. [/spoiler]It's a problem that has run in my mother's family and I've noticed as I get older if I'm not getting enough iron, I really wipe out, especially during that time.

missionseeker

Yeah, I have to be careful about iron, too. AND blood sugar. And during that time, just the smell of food can make me want to vomit.

Ditto with me and the thyroid. I actually suffered a torque injury to my thyroid when I was injured. My husband has adjusted to eating liver and spinach once a month.

Tell me ladies, what is it about Salt and Vinegar potato chips that women like during their periods? One girl told me it was for "that time of the month".

Ash Wednesday

I think everyone is different about food. I get the sweet tooth. Open mouth, insert chocolate.

I've heard pregnant women crave weird things and that varies, too. Like all those jokes about pickles.

missionseeker

I have really weird cravings. Or can't stand food. Like.. Goldfish and mandarin oranges. Like... wth?

though, one good one that i eat even not related is granola and whipped cream :lol:

[i]....sigh....[/i]

[spoiler]I've got the hypothyroid thing, PLUS a problem with clotting. We're talking 25x normal maximum flow.[/spoiler] :( Ruined my life, in all honesty. Couldn't go to school. Still can't have a normal job.

I'm just waiting for menopause, and hoping maybe THEN I can do something with myself.

Suppose it's meant to be, but man, I get really bitter and depressed, thinking about it.

Edited by philothea