An Old School Catholic Message Board

Menstruation Is Pointless.

Ash Wednesday

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='philothea' post='1690543' date='Nov 1 2008, 01:20 AM'][i]....sigh....[/i]

[spoiler]I've got the hypothyroid thing, PLUS a problem with clotting. We're talking 25x normal maximum flow.[/spoiler] :( Ruined my life, in all honesty. Couldn't go to school. Still can't have a normal job.

I'm just waiting for menopause, and hoping maybe THEN I can do something with myself.

Suppose it's meant to be, but man, I get really bitter and depressed, thinking about it.[/quote]

Bless your heart. If I had a normal thyroid I'm willing to bet that at least 90-95% of whatever health problems I've had would be gone.

(Thx, ladies! :) )

And now someone on my LJ f-list just posted about menstrual cups. What the heck, is something in the air??

Ash Wednesday

Oh are those the "instead" cups? In some ways those things are great. But also some aspects of them can be...well, unpleasant.

Let me just take this opportunity to write "groce!"

I love using the word "gross" as "groce!" It's almost as awesome as the word "post" becoming "POAST!"

It's so incredibly stupid but funny at the same time.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Slappo' post='1690460' date='Nov 1 2008, 12:32 AM']Make more babies! :D[/quote]

Yep. Easy for you to say.

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1690394' date='Oct 31 2008, 11:39 PM']Well, it IS.

If you're not having a baby that needs nutrients, it's completely POINTLESS except for making you bloated, crabby, crampy and just plain feeling yucky. So shut up with this "beauty of womenhood" garbage.[/quote]
where was this post earlier this week? :mellow:

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1690516' date='Nov 1 2008, 01:55 AM']I think everyone is different about food. I get the sweet tooth. Open mouth, insert chocolate.

I've heard pregnant women crave weird things and that varies, too. Like all those jokes about pickles.[/quote]
i crave meat and sweets. give me a hamburger and some chocolate and things will be alright. :drool:

Periods smell of elderberries. Thank you, Ash, for making a thread devoted to the extreme suckiness. I do at least [spoiler]have a cycle that is the same length, every time, and I know how it varies.[/spoiler] Still, argh.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Justin86' post='1690507' date='Nov 1 2008, 02:47 AM']Tell me ladies, what is it about Salt and Vinegar potato chips that women like during their periods? One girl told me it was for "that time of the month".[/quote]

Salt and Vinegar Pringles are a God-send ANY time of the month.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1690668' date='Nov 1 2008, 11:56 AM']Salt and Vinegar Pringles are a God-send ANY time of the month.[/quote]
ew. no.

When I was pregnant my weirdest cravings was those hot tamale cinnamon candies eaten with chocolate, or popcorn with pickle juice on top.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='rachael' post='1690671' date='Nov 1 2008, 12:59 PM']ew. no.[/quote]

:ohno:

:love: Salt and Vinegar Pringles.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1690674' date='Nov 1 2008, 01:03 PM']When I was pregnant my weirdest cravings was those hot tamale cinnamon candies eaten with chocolate, or popcorn with pickle juice on top.[/quote]

I never really got weird cravings. The weirdest I got was with my first pregnancy; I wanted pierogies at 2 am once (Matt ran out to Super WalMart and bought the pre-made frozen kind. Not as good as homemade but they'll do when you have nothing else! lol), and with all three of my pregnancies I have craved fruit salad. Nothing fancy with marshmallows and cool whip, just straight up fruit chopped up and thrown together in a bowl. Lots of different kinds of fruit.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Justin86' post='1690678' date='Nov 1 2008, 01:08 PM']When I was pregnant I craved dragon meat. Lots and lots of dragon meat. Too bad I never got any. :sadder:[/quote]

You poor, poor thing. :sadder:

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1690676' date='Nov 1 2008, 12:07 PM']:ohno:

:love: Salt and Vinegar Pringles.[/quote]
too
much
salt