An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dole's "godless" Add

Hassan

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1690998' date='Nov 1 2008, 04:12 PM']So you are pro-masturbation.

I find your decision to support the continued objectification of women amongst the nations young teen male population disturbing.[/quote]

[mod]personal attack - Lil Red[/mod]

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1691000' date='Nov 1 2008, 05:13 PM']The real issue is that she did attend that meeting[/quote]

No it was not. They made a point of imitating her voice at the end of the ad after asking viewers just what she promised them, "there is no God"

You can flip

[quote]and that Kay Hagan rejects God by supporting the murder of His children.[/quote]

yeah, abortion was never mentioned or alluded to in the ad.

nice try

If you all wish to claim any form of being pro-choice is immoral that is fine and within your rights, but to try and conflate "pro x" with beleiving "x is a matter the state should leave up to the personal moral decisions of the individuals" is just dishonest.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1691002' date='Nov 1 2008, 05:14 PM']No it was not. They made a point of imitating her voice at the end of the ad after asking viewers just what she promised them, "there is no God"

You can flip[/quote]

You [b]assume[/b] that they where imitating her voice when more likely they simply used another audio quote from a member Godless Americans, as they did through out the ad.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1691002' date='Nov 1 2008, 05:14 PM']yeah, abortion was never mentioned or alluded to in the ad.

nice try[/quote]

I know abortion was never mentioned in the ad but it does not change my previous truthful statement. Kay Hagan supports abortion, abortion is genocide.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1691004' date='Nov 1 2008, 05:19 PM']If you all wish to claim any form of being pro-choice is immoral that is fine and within your rights, but to try and conflate "pro x" with beleiving "x is a matter the state should leave up to the personal moral decisions of the individuals" is just dishonest.[/quote]

To support the 'choice' of Abortion is pro-abortion. But one can not be both pro-choice and pro-life because being pro-choice means one does support the choice of murdering an innocent child, and that is not pro-life.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1691005' date='Nov 1 2008, 05:20 PM']You [b]assume[/b] that they where imitating her voice when more likely they simply used another audio quote from a member Godless Americans, as they did through out the ad.[/quote]

That is not my assmption, that was the clear meaning of the add. They played an voice that sounds simmilar to Hagan's after asking viewers "what else" she may have promised the "godless" Americans at her "secret meeting"

[quote]I know abortion was never mentioned in the ad but it does not change my previous truthful statement. Kay Hagan supports abortion, abortion is genocide.[/quote]

There was an attempt to justify the ad by claiming that Hagan's pro-choice position did indeed make her "godless". To any extent that you supported that claim you are in the wrong, if you were just throwing in some "fun facts" for the heck of it then alright.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1691010' date='Nov 1 2008, 05:24 PM']That is not my assmption, that was the clear meaning of the add. They played an voice that sounds simmilar to Hagan's after asking viewers "what else" she may have promised the "godless" Americans at her "secret meeting"[/quote]

Unless you know the editors of the ad, or have some real proof your assuming.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1691010' date='Nov 1 2008, 05:24 PM']There was an attempt to justify the ad by claiming that Hagan's pro-choice position did indeed make her "godless". To any extent that you supported that claim you are in the wrong, if you were just throwing in some "fun facts" for the heck of it then alright.[/quote]

I made no claim that the ad was about abortion, the point was is Kay Hagen truly Christian, only those that do the will of the Father are christian, because she supports the genocide of abortion she is a fall away christian.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1691008' date='Nov 1 2008, 05:23 PM']To support the 'choice' of Abortion is pro-abortion.[/quote]

Then by that logic you are pro-masturbation.

unless you believe the state should outlaw the practice.

You are simply wrong by definition.

to be "pro x" is to be in favor of "x" actually occuring.

To simply say that the state should leave "x" up to an individuals personal moral beliefs is not, by the defintion of the prefix, to be "pro x"

[quote]But one can not be both pro-choice and pro-life because being pro-choice means one does support the choice of murdering an innocent child, and that is not pro-life.[/quote]

I did not claim she was "pro-life" as the term applies to contemporary American political discourse, I said she was "pro-choice" which, by the way, is correct, and distinct from "pro-abortion" whice would be the advocacy that women should have abortions. Saying that abortion should be an option for a woman's moral beliefs and not regulated by the state is distinct from claiming that woman should have abortions.

I assume you do not beleive the state should regulate the personal self-gratifying practices of many young teenage males in the US, that does not mean you advocate that the young teen males [i]ought[/i] to engage in such behavior

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1691011' date='Nov 1 2008, 04:27 PM']Unless you know the editors of the ad, or have some real proof your assuming.[/quote]

ok, I will admit that my analysis has several assumptions. Such as the assumption that the ad had a coherant logical structure to it, that the add was carefull made and intended to deleive a message to the audience and not siply put out a series of claims and audio recordings with no clear rational structure, and that analysis of speech and text to determine logical structures and implications contained inthose communications is possible and not a wholely subjective endevor.

If these assumptions are true then I can say to a very high degree of certainity that they meaning and intended implications of the ad can be discerned and that the add did attempt to imply that Kay Hagan was an atheist.

[quote]I made no claim that the ad was about abortion, the point was is Kay Hagen truly Christian, only those that do the will of the Father are christian, because she supports the genocide of abortion she is a fall away christian.[/quote]

I did not know that supporting the "genocide of abortion" was a bad thing. :unsure:

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1691172' date='Nov 1 2008, 08:00 PM']There's nothing to respond to.[/quote]

I agree, your claim was totally inane but I still responded to it. I only bump because I know in a day or two you will make the same absurd claims in another thread and I was hopeing we could put this "pro-choice"="pro-abortion" non-sense to bed once and for all

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1691174' date='Nov 1 2008, 09:02 PM']I agree, your claim was totally inane but I still responded to it. I only bump because I know in a day or two you will make the same absurd claims in another thread and I was hopeing we could put this "pro-choice"="pro-abortion" non-sense to bed once and for all[/quote]

There have been many such debates, and your side never admits defeat. What would be the point in adding another?

One who is Pro-Choice does support the choice of aborting a living child, that is pro-abortion. They are for the choice of abortion, they support abortion.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1691176' date='Nov 1 2008, 08:06 PM']There have been many such debates, and your side never admits defeat.[/quote]

because in this case I am correct. You have dodged this issue and keep makeing the same absurd claim over and over again without any support whatsoever.

[quote]One who is Pro-Choice does support the choice of aborting a living child[/quote]

Yes, here you are correct

[quote]that is pro-abortion.[/quote]

shucks, off the tracks again.

No

to be for the option of "x" does not mean to be for one actually doing "x"
[quote]They are for the choice of abortion, they support abortion.[/quote]

and you are pro-masturbation.

please explain to me how you are not pro-masturbation? what exactly is the distinction here.