An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dole's "godless" Add

Hassan

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1691181' date='Nov 1 2008, 08:13 PM']and you are pro-masturbation.

please explain to me how you are not pro-masturbation? what exactly is the distinction here.[/quote]

Masturbation is a sin of lust, I am not pro-masturbation, I do not support it nor do I support sex of any kind out side the bonds of holy matrimony. But I'm sure this is some lame jazz attempt at a gotcha moment so please make your point.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1691193' date='Nov 1 2008, 08:18 PM']Masturbation is a sin of lust, I am not pro-masturbation, I do not support it nor do I support sex of any kind out side the bonds of holy matrimony. But I'm sure this is some lame jazz attempt at a gotcha moment so please make your point.[/quote]

Do you support masturbation being outlawed?

Saint Therese

[quote name='Hassan' post='1691195' date='Nov 1 2008, 09:20 PM']Do you support masturbation being outlawed?[/quote]
[font="Arial"][color="#FF0000"] [size=7]Masturbation does not kill people. [/size][/color][/font]

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1691198' date='Nov 1 2008, 08:23 PM'][font="Arial"][color="#FF0000"] [size=7]Masturbation does not kill people. [/size][/color][/font][/quote]

absolutly irrelivant to what I am arguing. Even if God himself came down from the sky and told the world that abortion was murder it could not affect my caim in the slightest.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1691195' date='Nov 1 2008, 08:20 PM']Do you support masturbation being outlawed?[/quote]

Ah so masturbation should the same in the eyes of the law as drilling a hole in the back of a child's head and sucking her brains out. Or the same as throwing acid over a baby girl having her dissolve in a horrible death.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1691206' date='Nov 1 2008, 09:29 PM']Ah so masturbation should the same in the eyes of the law as drilling a hole in the back of a child's head and sucking her brains out. Or the same as throwing acid over a baby girl having her dissolve in a horrible death.[/quote]

You have dodged answering this very simple question for a whole page now.

Do you support the outlawing of masturbation?

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1691207' date='Nov 1 2008, 09:31 PM']You have dodged answering this very simple question for a whole page now.

Do you support the outlawing of masturbation?[/quote]

Yes, and the state has every right to do so, but again masturbation should not been the same in the eyes of the law as drilling a hole in the back of a child's head and sucking her brains out. Or the same as throwing acid over a baby girl having her dissolve in a horrible death.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1691215' date='Nov 1 2008, 08:36 PM']Yes, and the state has every right to do so, but again masturbation should not been the same in the eyes of the law as drilling a hole in the back of a child's head and sucking her brains out. Or the same as throwing acid over a baby girl having her dissolve in a horrible death.[/quote]

wow. I had no idea you beleived in such a totalitarian state.

How about Catholics missing mass on Sunday?

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1691232' date='Nov 1 2008, 08:46 PM']wow. I had no idea you beleived in such a totalitarian state.

How about Catholics missing mass on Sunday?[/quote]

Sorry no more stupid questions will be answered.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1691236' date='Nov 1 2008, 09:47 PM']Sorry no more stupid questions will be answered.[/quote]

It's not a stupid question, it's perfectly fair. You are still wrong as a matter of definition and I can go over the various reasons you are wrong for as long as you need I am just suprised that you apparently beleive every immoral action should be outlawed.

Should the state allow individuals to leave the Catholic faith?

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1691243' date='Nov 1 2008, 09:51 PM']It's not a stupid question, it's perfectly fair. You are still wrong as a matter of definition and I can go over the various reasons you are wrong for as long as you need I am just suprised that you apparently beleive every immoral action should be outlawed.

Should the state allow individuals to leave the Catholic faith?[/quote]

What I just say? I think the troll has had enough to eat for tonight. Peace.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1691246' date='Nov 1 2008, 09:52 PM']What I just say? I think the troll has had enough to eat for tonight. Peace.[/quote]

I'm not a troll and it is not a stupid question. It is very fair to ask if the Catholics are now going to claim that every immoral action ought to be illegal.

I did offer to discuss the other part of the question as a seperate matter.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1690981' date='Nov 1 2008, 02:57 PM']I never knew you were so skilled in acrobatics :detective:

Dole was not claiming that her position on abortion was illicit and therefore she was somehow excommunicated from the Christian Church and "godless" due to her sin or something along those lines. She was trying to claim Kay Hagan was an atheist, an overt atheist who beleived that, "There is no God". By your definition most of the United States is "Godless" something Dole was not assuming otherwise her add would make no sense. The fact that someone of your position would try to find some way to make an obviously dishonest accidently true is suprising to me.[/quote]
No one who supports abortion is a Christian.

As far as the United States being godless is concerned, any "law" that allows for abortion most definitely is a godless "law," and in so far as the crime of abortion (or euthanasia) is promoted in the United States, to that degree America is godless.

Edited by Apotheoun

[quote name='Hassan' post='1690986' date='Nov 1 2008, 03:01 PM']Additionally her quote does not support abortion. It supports a woman's right to determine a private, moral matter by her own moral standards in consulation with her doctor.[/quote]
There is no such right, nor are "moral standards" a private matter. The divine and natural law is binding upon all human beings. Killing the innocent is never acceptable.

Ok Hassan, tell us what's going on with all the pro-abortion threads lately.

Aren't you supposed to be one of those, "I vote pro-life, which is more than abortion, so I voted for Obama" people? Is abortion no longer an issue for you? What gives?