An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Barack Obama And I Approve Of This Message

dominicansoul

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1691183' date='Nov 1 2008, 09:13 PM']That's so sweet. He's helped so many women, and murdered so many children.[/quote]

you see no nuance here?

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1691180' date='Nov 1 2008, 08:11 PM']A slave is one that is completely subservient to a dominating influence. A fetus is completely subservient to the dominating influence for an abortionist, even unto death.[/quote]

and to it's parents. by your logic a any fetus is necessairly a slave. In fact any child under the age of two is a slave to its parents.

Saint Therese

I'm sure what Knight means is that the fetus is the new unperson, in the same way that the American slave was an unperson. No rights, no consideration.

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1691196' date='Nov 1 2008, 08:20 PM']I'm sure what Knight means is that the fetus is the new unperson, in the same way that the American slave was an unperson. No rights, no consideration.[/quote]

that would be a much less crazy claim

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1691187' date='Nov 1 2008, 08:15 PM']and to it's parents. by your logic a any fetus is necessairly a slave. In fact any child under the age of two is a slave to its parents.[/quote]

No, that's your illogical 'logic'. The fetus or the unborn in the world today is treated like blacks where treated in slavery. Denied personhood, thought of as just personal property, forced to be completely subservient to their master.

dominicansoul

C'mon Hassan...just LOOK AT THE PICTURE...!

This is what Obama has promised he will protect! He will protect a woman's right to do this to her unborn child!!!

GEEZ...

what does it take to convince people how HORRID this slaughter is!!!

I can't believe your attitude!!! You're actually going to argue this is a good thing???

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1691200' date='Nov 1 2008, 08:24 PM']No, that's your illogical 'logic'. The fetus or the unborn in the world today is treated like blacks where treated in slavery. Denied personhood, thought of as just personal property, forced to be completely subservient to their master.[/quote]

Be specific. How is the abortionist a "master" and how is the fetus "subservient" to him or her?

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1691203' date='Nov 1 2008, 08:27 PM']C'mon Hassan...just LOOK AT THE PICTURE...!

This is what Obama has promised he will protect! He will protect a woman's right to do this to her unborn child!!!

GEEZ...

what does it take to convince people how HORRID this slaughter is!!!

I can't believe your attitude!!! You're actually going to argue this is a good thing???[/quote]

Did you read the article I posted?

dominicansoul

Do me a favor and read and watch all of Hitler's propaganda on why Jews should be exterminated.

It's the same croutons that Obama uses to convince idiots that he's actually trying to stop abortions by ensuring woman have full access to abortions at any stage...

...and the article you posted just convinces me how sick our nation has become...

I guess if one day you get hit by a car and lose your abilities, we should say, "sayonara" and shoot you in the head!

Bravo...what a promising new world! What a promising CHANGE!

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1691204' date='Nov 1 2008, 08:27 PM']Be specific. How is the abortionist a "master" and how is the fetus "subservient" to him or her?[/quote]

How was the Slave Master during the time of slavery in this nation a master? How where blacks subservient to them?

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1691212' date='Nov 1 2008, 08:34 PM']How was the Slave Master during the time of slavery in this nation a master? How where blacks subservient to them?[/quote]

the slave master was legally designated owener of the "property" which was his slave. The slave was forced to engage in unpaid, unvoluntary service.

The abortionist never claims the fetus is his/her property, not is the fetus legally designated his property, nor does the fetus have to engage in forced labour.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1691218' date='Nov 1 2008, 08:38 PM']the slave master was legally designated owener of the "property" which was his slave. The slave was forced to engage in unpaid, unvoluntary service.

The abortionist never claims the fetus is his/her property, not is the fetus legally designated his property, nor does the fetus have to engage in forced labour.[/quote]

The mother would first claim the fetus as her property, then when she goes for an abortion she signs over the fetus as property to the abortionist, which then after he or she murders the child sells that child's body to the highest bidder for scientific research.

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1691210' date='Nov 1 2008, 09:33 PM']Do me a favor and read and watch all of Hitler's propaganda on why Jews should be exterminated.

It's the same croutons that Obama uses to convince idiots that he's actually trying to stop abortions by ensuring woman have full access to abortions at any stage...

...and the article you posted just convinces me how sick our nation has become...

I guess if one day you get hit by a car and lose your abilities, we should say, "sayonara" and shoot you in the head!

Bravo...what a promising new world! What a promising CHANGE![/quote]

what was sick about the woman?

To answer your question no, I do not think abortions are a good thing, and someone who uses abortion as a form of birth control is behaveing very immorally. However when it comes to a woman finding out her child will be born only long enough to suffer before dying I leave the choice up to her. If she decided to go through with the pregnancy that is her decision, if she chooses to abort the child to spare it the suffering that would come from being born that is also her decision and I have nothing but empathy for what she, her husband have had to go through.

I have worked with highly, highly deformed children. It's not a rosy picture. Some go on to live meaningfull lives, albeit highly deformed and crippled and shut out from the society that wanted them born in the first place. Others just lay in their cribs, with no cognitive action occasionally gurgling on their own salavia untill the nurse cleans their breathing tube.

It is a heartbreaking situation and I would never dare deprive it of all the moral complexity involved and simply scream about murders and hitler.