An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are There Any Truly Devout Catholic Girls Out There?

reelguy227

[quote name='mommas_boy' post='1695590' date='Nov 6 2008, 08:22 AM']You know, I was kinda banking on getting a comment from you. Yay for baiting rachael! :P :lol:[/quote]
Your comment was just bringing back memories from dorm life and working at an all-girls camp. :twitch:

[quote name='rachael' post='1695592' date='Nov 6 2008, 07:25 AM']Your comment was just bringing back memories from dorm life and working at an all-girls camp. :twitch:[/quote]

[size=5]LOL.[/size]

So there's some truth to it, eh?

The comment brings back memories to me of being one of the male cheerleaders in high school. Stunting is fun, but estrogen-laden attitudes ... eh, not so much.

Great way to pick up chicks, though. :P

[quote name='mommas_boy' post='1695594' date='Nov 6 2008, 08:31 AM'][size=5]LOL.[/size]

So there's some truth to it, eh?

The comment brings back memories to me of being one of the male cheerleaders in high school. Stunting is fun, but estrogen-laden attitudes ... eh, not so much.

Great way to pick up chicks, though. :P[/quote]
Oh, it's definitely true. We all sync up. We're all... :annoyed:

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1695566' date='Nov 6 2008, 04:13 AM']I used to resent having 3 older brothers and grew up in a house dominated by men -- but now I think it probably helped me tremendously as far as dating and relationships were concerned.

My sister-in-law had no brothers and grew up in a house of women. One time she was talking about her sons (my nephews) and she said "Oh, now they're in that phase where things like toilet humor such as poops and fluffy air extractions are funny."

To which I said, "honey, that is not a phase."[/quote]

I have 5 older brothers, and my husband has two younger sisters. His sisters were trying to prepare me for living with him, telling me horror stories, and I finally said, "he's messy and smelly, I get it, he's a guy." At least I don't have to worry about him wanting to mess with my tools. He never learned how to use any.

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='reelguy227' post='1695406' date='Nov 6 2008, 01:22 AM']I guess I'm just perplexed as to how girls on Ave Maria who claim to be devout Catholics can't even show enough charity and courteousness by totally ignoring someone....? They can't even send an "I'm not interest in you but God Bless" type letter? Seriously, what's the harm in that????

And yes, I have discerned, and know for a fact that I'm not called to be a priest. But thanks for the suggestion.[/quote]

Probably because the girls at Ave Maria get like 20 requests a day from guys on these dating web sites. To them, you're just another desperate Catholic guy with nowhere else to turn. Besides, consider what kind of girl at a Catholic university like Ave would be on a dating web site... the kind who has apparently failed to attract any guys she interacts with face-to-face because of the same thoughtlessness that you're getting from them.

Besides, devout Catholics can be just as rude as anybody else.

The best thing for people frustrated with dating is to fast from dating alltogether for three months or longer.

missionseeker

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1695809' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:32 PM']Probably because the girls at Ave Maria get like 20 requests a day from guys on these dating web sites. To them, you're just another desperate Catholic guy with nowhere else to turn. Besides, consider what kind of girl at a Catholic university like Ave would be on a dating web site... the kind who has apparently failed to attract any guys she interacts with face-to-face because of the same thoughtlessness that you're getting from them.

Besides, devout Catholics can be just as rude as anybody else.

The best thing for people frustrated with dating is to fast from dating alltogether for three months or longer.[/quote]

umm.. :unsure:

I am at a Catholic University. Ave Maria to be exact... I met someone online (though here, not a dating site). I know beautiful and holy girls who haven't failed to attract someone but are still single. Some of them are members of dating sites.

We're not all freaks.

<_<