An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are There Any Truly Devout Catholic Girls Out There?

reelguy227

They actually still have our story on Ave Maria's success page, under long distance. I think the story is called two wounded souls.

I don't think anyone has asked this, but have you thought of becoming a priest?
I actually met my wife while I was diserning the priesthood.

[quote name='franciscan13' post='1692490' date='Nov 3 2008, 05:22 PM']I don't think anyone has asked this, but have you thought of becoming a priest?
I actually met my wife while I was diserning the priesthood.[/quote]
While I don't advise going to seminary to find a wife, I do think that honestly and openly discerning your vocation, whether that's the priesthood, marriage, or religious life, is a good way of going about life. Preparation for any of these vocations should include lots of prayers and devotions, so really it's never bad to focus on becoming the person God wants you to be. If marriage is indeed in your future, as it is for most people, then you'll find yourself in a good place to start an honorable relationship if you have been spending time building your relationship with God now. Then, when the right thing comes along, you'll be ready for it.

[quote name='Noel's angel' post='1692508' date='Nov 3 2008, 06:36 PM']Just be glad God has spared you from all the losers you could have dated.[/quote]
that's how you learn. :P

[quote name='rachael' post='1692527' date='Nov 3 2008, 05:56 PM']that's how you learn. :P[/quote]
Totally. You can grow a lot from falling for losers, if you're open to it. I sure have.

Good luck when you hit your 40s and nothing has changed and all that is left are people that make you want to say "I waited and saved myself for THIS?" and all the people who are just trying to get rid of you either are still using the same old cliches about how "you are not ready yet" and "it will happen when you least expect it", or the same people who criticized you for not being patient will now criticize you for waiting too long or make comment like "at your age...". I think it is time that all the "single but lookings" rose up like the Greek widows in Acts and demand their fair share and tell those who are lying to us to shut their pieholes, because "waiting patiently" isn't doing it.

[quote name='Andrea348' post='1692184' date='Nov 3 2008, 07:31 AM'][b]Be Satisfied Prayer

Everyone longs to give himself or herself completely to someone, to have a deep and committed soul relationship with another, to be loved thoroughly and unconditionally.

But God says:
No, not until you are satisfied, fulfilled and content with being loved by Me alone, with giving yourself totally, unreservedly to Me alone. I love you, My child, and until you discover that only in Me is your satisfaction to be found, you will not be capable of the perfect human relationship that I have planned for you. You will never be united with another until you are united with Me; exclusively of anyone or anything else; exclusively of any other desires and belongings. I want you to stop planning, stop wishing, and allow Me to give you the most thrilling plan existing – one that you can’t imagine. I want you to have the very best. Please allow Me to bring it to you. Just keep your eyes on Me, expecting the greatest things. Keep experiencing that satisfaction knowing that I AM. Keep learning and listening to the things I tell you. You must be patient. Don’t be anxious. Don’t worry. Don’t look around at the things others have. Don’t look at the things you think you want. Just keep looking up to Me, or you will miss what I want to give you. And then, when you are ready, I will surprise you with a love far more wonderful than you could ever dream. You see, until you are ready, and until the one I have for you is ready (I am working even this minute to have both of you ready at the same time), until you are both satisfied exclusively with Me and the life I have prepared for you, you won’t be able to experience the love that exemplifies your relationship with Me…and this is perfect love.[/b][/quote]

What is the source of this prayer? Did God give it to someone in private revelation? Public revelation? Because if you (or if you are cutting and pasting, whoever authored this) are putting words in God's mouth, you could very easily be playing with BLASPHEMY.

Edited by Norseman82

[quote name='Barbarus' post='1692530' date='Nov 3 2008, 06:57 PM']Totally. You can grow a lot from falling for losers, if you're open to it. I sure have.[/quote]
Sure can. You learn a lot from them and yourself. And you grow stronger as well. :)

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1692582' date='Nov 3 2008, 07:47 PM']Good luck when you hit your 40s and nothing has changed and all that is left are people that make you want to say "I waited and saved myself for THIS?" and all the people who are just trying to get rid of you either are still using the same old cliches about how "you are not ready yet" and "it will happen when you least expect it", or the same people who criticized you for not being patient will now criticize you for waiting too long or make comment like "at your age...". I think it is time that all the "single but lookings" rose up like the Greek widows in Acts and demand their fair share and tell those who are lying to us to shut their pieholes, because "waiting patiently" isn't doing it.

What is the source of this prayer? Did God give it to someone in private revelation? Public revelation? Because if you (or if you are cutting and pasting, whoever authored this) are putting words in God's mouth, you could very easily be playing with BLASPHEMY.[/quote]
Woah...talk about cynical. :mellow:

I saved myself until I was 43. I don't regret one moment, and I found the perfect Catholic husband. Anything worthwhile is worth waiting for. I'd rather only have the second half of my life to spend with him than to have spent my entire life without him, or regretting a mistake I made when I was 20.

[quote name='rachael' post='1692600' date='Nov 3 2008, 07:22 PM']Woah...talk about cynical. :mellow:[/quote]

Well, learn from someone who has been there.

Walk a mile in another person's shoes....

Edited by Norseman82

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1692609' date='Nov 3 2008, 07:33 PM']I saved myself until I was 43. I don't regret one moment, and I found the perfect Catholic husband. Anything worthwhile is worth waiting for. I'd rather only have the second half of my life to spend with him than to have spent my entire life without him, or regretting a mistake I made when I was 20.[/quote]

It's different for you. You're a female. All the "blow-off" lines that you females use on us males only serve to decrease our drive and desire to pursue, which is the male role.

And until I find that "perfect Catholic wife", all I can say is "I'm Norseman82 and I approve this message".

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1692621' date='Nov 3 2008, 09:17 PM']It's different for you. You're a female. All the "blow-off" lines that you females use on us males only serve to decrease our drive and desire to pursue, which is the male role.

And until I find that "perfect Catholic wife", all I can say is "I'm Norseman82 and I approve this message".[/quote]
Gee, someone's bitter. <_<

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1692621' date='Nov 3 2008, 08:17 PM']It's different for you. You're a female. All the "blow-off" lines that you females use on us males only serve to decrease our drive and desire to pursue, which is the male role.

And until I find that "perfect Catholic wife", all I can say is "I'm Norseman82 and I approve this message".[/quote]

My best blow off line was to chase someone out of my house with a baseball bat for taking liberties, screaming at him that if he came back I would use it on him. I also had to use a right uppercut once. That was my last date for 15 years.

Guys are supposed to be able to deal with rejection. Seriously. If a girl doesn't like you, deal with it, maybe sulk for a few days or something, and move on. Try again when you find someone else that's cute.

[quote name='XIX' post='1692674' date='Nov 3 2008, 10:50 PM']Gee, someone's bitter. <_<[/quote]
chya.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1692694' date='Nov 3 2008, 11:05 PM']My best blow off line was to chase someone out of my house with a baseball bat for taking liberties, screaming at him that if he came back I would use it on him. I also had to use a right uppercut once. That was my last date for 15 years.[/quote]
Mine was throwing my drink at a guy's car after he told me he...wanted to sleep with me (that's putting it politely). Then he loudly shouted he was going to 'go get some hoes' and I told him to enjoy his herpes. He threatened me, but my friends didn't have it. :mellow: