Flordia Amendment 2 Passed

TotusTuusMaria

TotusTuusMaria
:yahoo:

Flordia Amendment 2 Passed.

at 98% reporting

62% Yes
38% No

This measure will amend the state constitution to define marriage as a union between one man and one woman. In order to amend the Florida constitution, 60 percent of voters must vote in favor of the amendment. They did!

:yahoo: Edited by TotusTuusMaria

Archaeology cat

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1694000' date='Nov 5 2008, 06:35 AM']Well at least one thing I voted for won.[/quote]
Yeah, so far I'm good on that and our representative. I haven't checked the local election results yet.

A lot of my friends (Catholic and not) voted no on this amendment. I want to know their reasoning for opposing a measure that US bishops encouraged us to support.

Their reasoning is that they don't want to be looked at as bigots, and they don't think the bishops can tell them what to do or believe. People will continue to believe that until the bishops start taking away their privileges. Too many bishops are afraid of alienating people, and cafeteria Catholics believe they are entitled to the sacraments. That's why I wouldn't make a good pastoral associate. Someone comes through the door demanding a baptism for their baby, and I've never seen them, and they have no intention of joining the church or raising their child in the church, and I'd show them the door. Our old pastoral associate that just passed away approved baptism for anyone who came through the door.

It's time the bishops started acting like proper parents, and sending the misbehaving ones to their rooms without supper.

[quote name='kujo' post='1694591' date='Nov 5 2008, 12:27 PM']I voted against it because I don't feel that it is the right of any government to meddle in these matters, one way or the other.[/quote]

:sadder: :sadder: :sadder: :sadder: :sadder:

dominicansoul

[quote name='kujo' post='1694591' date='Nov 5 2008, 03:27 PM']I voted against it because I don't feel that it is the right of any government to meddle in these matters, one way or the other.[/quote]

Unfortunately, a lot of "cultural" issues have been pushed into the political realm, and the government has a lot of say in these issues...

So, although your feelings are noble, voting against it just helped the pro-homosexual cause...

...it's a good thing the amendment passed...

I didn't do it because I felt that I'd be a bigot if I supported it. Quite frankly, I don't care about this issue enough to be passionate enough to be a "bigot." I think it is just something that doesn't need to be dealt with right now. The economy is in shambles...why bring this up now?

You have to address the issues when they come, no matter the time.

Is this Amendment to stay, or will the Courts try to overturn this?