An Old School Catholic Message Board

Flordia Amendment 2 Passed

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1695643' date='Nov 6 2008, 10:52 AM']I voted yes on Prop 8, because the Church's Magisterium has called on all Catholics to resist the immoral agenda that tries to equate sodomy with marriage.[/quote]

I understand. But I disagree.

My personal view on this is, if there was ever an all out ban on the government defining marriage I would vote "yes" but as long as the state is going to define it, I would vote for an amendment defining marriage between one man and one woman. Marriage of course has nothing to do with any legal contract, but as long as we as a society are going to pretend it does it needs to be between one man and one woman if only for our own preservation.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1695657' date='Nov 6 2008, 11:05 AM']My personal view on this is, if there was ever an all out ban on the government defining marriage I would vote "yes" ... Marriage of course has nothing to do with any legal contract, but as long as we as a society are going to pretend it does it needs to be between one man and one woman if only for our own preservation.[/quote]

IAWTC

[quote name='kujo' post='1695628' date='Nov 6 2008, 08:30 AM']I'd rather leave marriage to the priests.[/quote]

I definitely agree with you there.