An Old School Catholic Message Board

All Of The Life Issues Are Lost.

dUSt

[url="http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/ballot.measures/"]http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/ballot.measures/[/url]

California Proposition 4:
Abortion Limits - DID NOT PASS

Colorado Amendment 48:
Human Life from Moment of Conception - DID NOT PASS

Michigan Proposition 2:
Allow Stem Cell Research - PASSED

South Dakota Initiative 11:
Abortion Limits - DID NOT PASS

Washington Initiative 1000:
Allow Doctor-Assisted Suicide - PASSED

:annoyed:

homeschoolmom

Just the next step on the slippery slope of death. First is was the pre-born... next the elderly and infirm-- in a bigger way.

It was the deceitful commercials in MI that caused Prop2 to pass. "Why won't you let us try to find a cure for all these little children dying of this and that - vote yes on 2". 2goes2far did not campaign hard enough or on the right issues (they simply made it a tax issue). With prop2 we no longer even have the right to argue stem cell research.

Edited by Brother Adam

TotusTuusMaria

An email I received you guys might be interested in:

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord."They are plans for good and not for evil, to giveyou a future and a hope." -- Jeremiah 29:11

Dear _______,

The 2008 elections have been decided. And now the pro-life movement must come together --united in focus and direction -- determined to beproactive rather than reactive, ready to map out newstrategies for the future. To begin this process, you are invited to join many of the top pro-life leaders in America for a crucial conference call TONIGHT -- Wednesday, November 5 --at 9:00 PM Eastern (6:00 PM Pacific) where we will assess the election results together and plan "nextsteps" for the movement in light of the outcomes.

Sign up now at: [url="http://www.40daysforlife.com/electionresults"]http://www.40daysforlife.com/electionresults[/url]

On the call, we will encourage and equip one another for the next phase of our movement. You will hear from leaders representing the various facets of the pro-life movement including:

* FR. FRANK PAVONE, Priests for Life
* PEGGY HARTSHORN, Heartbeat International
* JOE SCHEIDLER, Pro-Life Action League
* KRISTAN HAWKINS, Students For Life of America
* BRAD MATTES, Life Issues Institute
* JANET MORANA, Silent No More Awareness Campaign
* DAN MCCONCHIE, Americans United for Life
* BRYAN KEMPER, Stand True
* MICHAEL SCHWARTZ, Chief of Staff, Sen. Tom Coburn
* MATT LOCKETT, Bound4Life
* And me, DAVID BEREIT, 40 Days for Life

More than 3,000 people have already registered forthis teleconference, and it could represent a newbeginning for the pro-life movement. If you aren't already signed up, you won't want to miss this important event!

Register now at: [url="http://www.40daysforlife.com/electionresults"]http://www.40daysforlife.com/electionresults[/url] I hope to talk with you tonight, _______.

Yours for Life,
David Bereit
National Campaign Director40 Days for Life

For real.

you know what this tells us? That the majority of Americans don't care about life - republican and democrat. That smells of elderberries.

[quote name='flip' post='1694381' date='Nov 5 2008, 12:37 PM']For real.

you know what this tells us? That the majority of Americans don't care about life - republican and democrat. That smells of elderberries.[/quote]

i think that the majority of Americans DO care about life but are woefully ignorant about what it is.

what? I disagree.

when you the majority of Colorado votes AGAINST "life at the moment of conception"... it doesn't get any clearer than that.

[quote name='flip' post='1694381' date='Nov 5 2008, 11:37 AM']For real.

you know what this tells us? That the majority of Americans don't care about life -[/quote]

I agree. Either they don't care, or they care more about pocketbook issues.

All I can say is this: if FOCA, gay marriage, and other anti-church measures start being passed or attempted to be passed, if a Catholic (or anyone else) who voted for Obama starts complaining, I'm going to say, "Well, don't look at me - you voted for him! You reap what you sow."

And if I run into a Catholic who truly doesn't care about life issues, I'm going to download some of the photos at Priests for Life to my phone to have on stand-by to show them what really it is about, and I encourage everyone else who is able to do so to have them ready.

I'm really starting to wonder if that former member of the board at Franciscan is right that the battle for abortion in the US is lost, permanently.

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1694433' date='Nov 5 2008, 01:03 PM']I'm really starting to wonder if that former member of the board at Franciscan is right that the battle for abortion in the US is lost, permanently.[/quote]

It will end, but many more lives will be lost before it does. All evil must come to an end sometime.

[quote name='flip' post='1694411' date='Nov 5 2008, 12:52 PM']what? I disagree.

when you the majority of Colorado votes AGAINST "life at the moment of conception"... it doesn't get any clearer than that.[/quote]

I'm saying that [i]deep down[/i] they do care about life and would defend it. Vast maj. of people are against killing born persons...they would be against killing unborn persons if they really knew that that is what abortion is.

[quote name='flip' post='1694411' date='Nov 5 2008, 12:52 PM']what? I disagree.

when you the majority of Colorado votes AGAINST "life at the moment of conception"... it doesn't get any clearer than that.[/quote]

People do. But you all, with all due respect, often scare them off. I mentioned a Muslim friend who always like the republican stances on abortion, gay marriage, etc but said after this race she'll never have anything to do with them again (look at this board and ask yourself how many Muslims would feel welcome). I would like an honestly pro-life party. But the republican party is not "pro-life" it's just "anti-abortion"

How many Catholic Latinos did the conservatives loos with that stunt back in 2006?

Edited by Hassan