An Old School Catholic Message Board

All Of The Life Issues Are Lost.

dUSt

I pray that God will protect His people from the evil that will soon be enacted into law by the party of death that now controls the federal government.

Edited by Apotheoun

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='flip' post='1694411' date='Nov 5 2008, 11:52 AM']what? I disagree.

when you the majority of Colorado votes AGAINST "life at the moment of conception"... it doesn't get any clearer than that.[/quote]

It was my understanding that the Catholic Bishops there opposed the amendment thing due to...well I am still a little confused why.

[url="http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=762"]http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headli...cfm?storyid=762[/url]

On a lighter note, while all the life stuff went down the drain, the gay marriage amendments passed. I think there is still hope.

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1698038' date='Nov 8 2008, 08:20 PM']On a lighter note, while all the life stuff went down the drain, the gay marriage amendments passed. I think there is still hope.[/quote]
I am not so optimistic.

You fight PP in their pocket book. If they can no longer make a profit, they will close shop. The quickest way to do that is to make every abortion clinic meet the basic requirements that any other outpatient surgery center has to comply with.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1698069' date='Nov 8 2008, 11:18 PM']You fight PP in their pocket book. If they can no longer make a profit, they will close shop. The quickest way to do that is to make every abortion clinic meet the basic requirements that any other outpatient surgery center has to comply with.[/quote]

yeah!

and start pushing for ridiculously reasonable and simple mandates and restrictions.

For example, There is a bill in some states to mandate that an ultrasound session be offered before every abortion. Planned Parenthood complains of course, saying that they already do this. That's when our pro-life lobby team puts together a campaign to ask why Planned Parenthood is so opposed to a bill that they already comply with. We can eventually turn a majority onto our side.

Little restrictions upon Planned Parenthood's ability to make profit is definitely the key..