An Old School Catholic Message Board

All Of The Life Issues Are Lost.

dUSt

[quote name='Hassan' post='1694496' date='Nov 5 2008, 01:04 PM']People do. But you all, with all due respect, often scare them off. I mentioned a Muslim friend who always like the republican stances on abortion, gay marriage, etc but said after this race she'll never have anything to do with them again (look at this board and ask yourself how many Muslims would feel welcome). I would like an honestly pro-life party. But the republican party is not "pro-life" it's just "anti-abortion"[/quote]
How are the republicans not pro-life? What is your strategy for carrying the pro-life message forward and having it implemented into real public policy?

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Seven77' post='1694494' date='Nov 5 2008, 12:00 PM']I'm saying that [i]deep down[/i] they do care about life and would defend it. Vast maj. of people are against killing born persons...they would be against killing unborn persons if they really knew that that is what abortion is.[/quote]
Then go tell them. I bet they disagree with your premise, though.

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1694428' date='Nov 5 2008, 01:01 PM']And if I run into a Catholic who truly doesn't care about life issues, I'm going to download some of the photos at Priests for Life to my phone to have on stand-by to show them what really it is about, and I encourage everyone else who is able to do so to have them ready.[/quote]

Good idea, I may just do that now.

[quote name='Paladin D' post='1694504' date='Nov 5 2008, 01:15 PM']Good idea, I may just do that now.[/quote]
No kidding. Excellent idea! I will do the same.

THEY ARE LOST BECAUSE OF WEAKNESS.

If you want propositions to pass, you must out-lobby and out-campaign Planned Parenthood and NARAL. Good luck doing that, when so much of the pro-life money seems to go to worthless paychecks (Pro-life Action League anyone?)

That whole personhood initiative in Colorado was a failure from the start. For some reason, they figured the 'simplicity' of it would confuse enough people into voting in favor. Don't bother planning to answer to what the possible ramifications of it might be. It's not like Planned Parenthood has an unsatiable interest in obliterating every move we try to make..

Pro-lifers need to start fighting fire with fire. Enemy numero uno is Planned Parenthood. ALWAYS. As long as they are around they MUST be the primary target to beat. Not the Democrats, PLANNED PARENTHOOD..

We need to take this more seriously, and realize that prayer isn't gonna add up to a hill of beans if we don't respond by using our God-given ability to reason and strategize..

dominicansoul

[quote name='Didymus' post='1694550' date='Nov 5 2008, 02:40 PM']THEY ARE LOST BECAUSE OF WEAKNESS.

If you want propositions to pass, you must out-lobby and out-campaign Planned Parenthood and NARAL. Good luck doing that, when so much of the pro-life money seems to go to worthless paychecks (Pro-life Action League anyone?)

That whole personhood initiative in Colorado was a failure from the start. For some reason, they figured the 'simplicity' of it would confuse enough people into voting in favor. Don't bother planning to answer to what the possible ramifications of it might be. It's not like Planned Parenthood has an unsatiable interest in obliterating every move we try to make..

Pro-lifers need to start fighting fire with fire. Enemy numero uno is Planned Parenthood. ALWAYS. As long as they are around they MUST be the primary target to beat. Not the Democrats, PLANNED PARENTHOOD..

We need to take this more seriously, and realize that prayer isn't gonna add up to a hill of beans if we don't respond by using our God-given ability to reason and strategize..[/quote]

excellent point!

dairygirl4u2c

[url="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/07/04/obama-on-late-abortion-me_n_110884.html"]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/07/04/o...e_n_110884.html[/url]

all hope is not lost

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

[quote name='Didymus' post='1694550' date='Nov 5 2008, 02:40 PM']THEY ARE LOST BECAUSE OF WEAKNESS.

We need to take this more seriously, and realize that prayer isn't gonna add up to a hill of beans if we don't respond by using our God-given ability to reason and strategize..[/quote]
Agreed! and I will add that education and being able to explain your position clearly will be key in this movement. Satan does not want this issue to go away.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1694613' date='Nov 5 2008, 03:46 PM'][url="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/07/04/obama-on-late-abortion-me_n_110884.html"]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/07/04/o...e_n_110884.html[/url]

all hope is not lost[/quote]
I am beginning to understand why Obama made "HOPE" his campaign slogan. He says one thing to one crowd and something else to another. You [b]hope[/b] he goes with the position he told you that sounded good.

The program with that old article is his remark is contrary to his voting record, especially with his arguments against the born alive infants protection act.

[quote name='kamiller42' post='1694499' date='Nov 5 2008, 01:11 PM']How are the republicans not pro-life? What is your strategy for carrying the pro-life message forward and having it implemented into real public policy?[/quote]
The perception (which I have vehemently heard expressed, many times) is that Republicans may be anti-abortion, but they're pro-war, pro-torture, pro-capital punishment, don't care about the poor, and are the chosen party of racists and other intolerant types, as well.

[quote name='philothea' post='1694643' date='Nov 5 2008, 04:54 PM']The perception (which I have vehemently heard expressed, many times) is that Republicans may be anti-abortion, but they're pro-war, pro-torture, pro-capital punishment, don't care about the poor, and are the chosen party of racists and other intolerant types, as well.[/quote]
[ I wasn't sure if you were stating your impression or just people' impression. Anyway, I wrote the following. ]

It is a common perception, but an erroneous one. History does not bear this out.

Far more deadly wars were waged under democrat presidential watches than republicans.

Torture is a debatable term, but McCain was against it.

The federal government performs nearly no executions. Since 1976, there have been 1,129 state executions. I am sure many of those happened under democrat governors. So if executions were a disease, it is not an epidemic like abortion.

In regards to poor, did the last 8 years of massive spending on the poor mean something? Quite frankly, giving the poor to the federal government to take care of is a form of torture in my book. It should be you and me along with our local non-profits that should help the poor.

Racists? Republicans? Abraham Lincoln lost his head over the slavery issue. Without republicans, much of the civil rights legislation of the 60s would not have passed. They needed republican votes to counter the racist southern democrat vote. The KKK was composed southern protestant democrats. Democrats currently have Robert Byrd, an ex-KKK member, serving in the U.S. congress. Conservative republicans are not racist.

Edited by kamiller42

princessgianna

[quote name='flip' post='1694381' date='Nov 5 2008, 11:37 AM']For real.

you know what this tells us? That the majority of Americans don't care about life - republican and democrat. That smells of elderberries.[/quote]
i think i can agree to that! Americans are all about me, myself, and i

how many catholics i talked to "well i know there is the abortion issue but (insert reason to due with money that i might lose).

[url="http://www.feministsforlife.org/news/commonw.htm"]Feminists For Life[/url] is good.

MC IMaGiNaZUN

[quote name='Didymus' post='1694550' date='Nov 5 2008, 02:40 PM']Pro-lifers need to start fighting fire with fire. Enemy numero uno is Planned Parenthood. ALWAYS. As long as they are around they MUST be the primary target to beat. Not the Democrats, PLANNED PARENTHOOD..[/quote]

wow this is very insightful. I have done research into Planned Parenthood, and see evils it does espouse on a deep ideological level.

How do you fight a giant like PP?
WE can't; only Heaven can wipe them of the face of the earth.
Let's storm Heaven with our petitions and prayers!!!