An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholics Sold Their Vote To Obama

StMichael

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='kujo' post='1694332' date='Nov 5 2008, 11:52 AM']WWSPS?

What would St. Paul say?[/quote]

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, [b][i][u]murders[/u], [/i][/b]drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, [i]that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God" [/i](Galatians 5:19-20)

Then he would probably exhort them to return to God and repent.

[quote name='StMichael' post='1694323' date='Nov 5 2008, 11:41 AM']Hope the money received from Obama will offset the fires of hell.[/quote]

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1694335' date='Nov 5 2008, 11:57 AM']"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, [b][i][u]murders[/u], [/i][/b]drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, [i]that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God" [/i](Galatians 5:19-20)

Then he would probably exhort them to return to God and repent.[/quote]

Am I the only one who sees a stark difference between a sarcastic comment and an apologetic evangelization by St. Paul?

[quote name='kujo' post='1694337' date='Nov 5 2008, 11:59 AM']Am I the only one who sees a stark difference between a sarcastic comment and an apologetic evangelization by St. Paul?[/quote]

No.

When will we learn? The Church needs to get smaller and stronger than big in name only.

For an exchange to get their mortgages paid and free gas, we shall see the murder of the unborn increase. Is national Euthanasia next? We shall all pay for this sin through our taxes with a national healthcare. And to this I would take up the sword, not hand out sweets.

This is the first election I have seen where the Church actually guided the flock and the flock smacked us all in the face.

They know what they did and I know why they did it.

[quote name='kujo' post='1694326' date='Nov 5 2008, 11:44 AM']Way to bring them back into the fold with your conciliatory rhetoric and kind words.

:wacko: :rolleyes: :blink:[/quote]

[quote name='StMichael' post='1694542' date='Nov 5 2008, 03:15 PM']When will we learn? The Church needs to get smaller and stronger than big in name only.

For an exchange to get their mortgages paid and free gas, we shall see the murder of the unborn increase. Is national Euthanasia next? We shall all pay for this sin through our taxes with a national healthcare. And to this I would take up the sword, not hand out sweets.

This is the first election I have seen where the Church actually guided the flock and the flock smacked us all in the face.

They know what they did and I know why they did it.[/quote]

So, because some of our brothers and sisters were lead astray, we must castigate them from the Church?

Dude, not for nothing...but you smell of elderberries.

Quick question, where in the Catechism or something does it say that its a mortal sin to vote for a pro choice candidate. I' arguing with a caffeteria Catholic who just voted for Obama and she told me not to question here faith. Any quotes/links???

[quote name='reelguy227' post='1694630' date='Nov 5 2008, 04:30 PM']Quick question, where in the Catechism or something does it say that its a mortal sin to vote for a pro choice candidate. I' arguing with a caffeteria Catholic who just voted for Obama and she told me not to question here faith. Any quotes/links???[/quote]
[quote]Article 5. The Fifth Commandment, You shall not kill.
I. Respect for Human Life, Abortion

Human life must be respected and protected absolutely from the moment of conception. From the first moment of his existence, a human being must be recognized as having the rights of a person—among which is the inviolable right of every innocent being to life. (CF. CDF, Donum vitae I, 1.). [2270]

Article 5. The Fifth Commandment, You shall not kill.
I. Respect for Human Life, Intentional Homicide

The fifth commandment forbids doing anything with the intention of [b]indirectly[/b] bringing about a person's death. The [b]moral law prohibits exposing someone to mortal danger[/b] without grave reason, as well as refusing assistance to a person in danger.

The acceptance by human society of murderous famines, without efforts to remedy them, is a scandalous injustice and a grave offense. Those whose usurious and avaricious dealings lead to hunger and death of their brethren in the human family indirectly commit homicide, which is imputable to them. (cf. Am 8:4-10). [2269][/quote]
There are other church documents. [url="http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usccb.org%2Fprolife%2Fissues%2Fnfp%2FContraception.pdf&ei=JBESSZyOG5jIwQH_392iCw&usg=AFQjCNEUtzvBARMt-8lYVAjetAX06am0Jg&sig2=HSEsTlCLazf8oaXjLTbiSg"]Here is a list of quotes and references[/url].

What do you think the word rebuke in 2 Tim 3:16 means? Yes sometimes a little castigation is in order. Or in this case alot. BABIES ARE GONNA DIE!

Like I said, I'm debating with a caffeteria Catholic who needs an explicit saying that it's a mortal sin. She won't budge otherwise, saying that she voted for Obama because abortions are going to happen anyways, but that I shouldn't question her faith....

[quote name='reelguy227' post='1694638' date='Nov 5 2008, 04:45 PM']So has it been explicitly defined as a mortal sin to vote for them? I didn't see that in those. I just skimmed it.[/quote]

Those who voted for BO will see what they want to see. Abortion is a mortal sin. Abortion is the murder of the least of these. Christ said who ever harms children should have a milstone throne around their neck and cast in to the see. I suppose you don't like him castigating.