An Old School Catholic Message Board

Republican Party Doesn't Understand America

MC IMaGiNaZUN

princessgianna

[quote name='CatholicAndFanatical' post='1694533' date='Nov 5 2008, 01:59 PM']Well, if it weren't for the Republican's goofing up the last 8 years Obama wouldn't of been able to tout 'Change' because we wouldn't be seeking it.

Fact is, we are in need of a change in this country. The way things are being ran now doesn't work. Like I have said on a few posts here, Republican's have accomplished nothing but getting indicted and getting us in a War that is costing us 10 [b]billion a month[/b] in a country that had no responsibility of 9/11 and should of been dealt with after we crushed Bin Laden.

They brought it on themselves. We The People were tired of it.

I agree the pro-life movement is going to have to fight an up hill battle..again.

But look at the bright side of this - there is a bigger event happening here, look at the importance of this: 50 years ago they never would of allowed a black man to eat at the same table as a white man, that a black man could never vote, or be a true part of society..

100+ years ago they prayed to be free, they prayed to be heard and prayed to be someone. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr was like a prophet, battling the evils at that time with racism and just before he died for this cause - he gave a speech that talked of hope and a prayer, and last night that prayer happened. All the people who died because of the color of their skin, all those that were tortured with water-hoses and beat because they were black and a 'nobody'...have not died in vain.

I firmly believe that God answered their prayers , those people were not forsaken and God heard them, from this day forward, because God answered their prayers, I believe that we as a nation will start to come together and be a better nation for it. Remember that God controls EVERYTHING - whether we know it or not. If you don't think God chose Obama last night, then you don't subscribe to the idea that God controls everything. God knew, God knows and God will take care of it. God wants unity - does He not? God would want us to stand up for what is right, our pro-life beliefs, but at the same time come together as People of God, [b]which includes everyone[/b] - not just Catholics, not just Christians...everyone.

Trust, and know that we all must go through Hell to get to Heaven and God is in control.[/quote]

You are forgetting free will! God gave man the power to do whatever man decides to do.
and I hardly doubt God choose Obama! I would not even think that God would choose McCain but Palin maybe (since she is so Pro-Life).

To vote in a man who believes in killing children does not bring us together as a society much less a country it is hurting family's (which are the core of our society) disrespecting women and KILLING CHILDREN!!

God may allowed Obama to be elected-yes i can agree to that! But to say God picked Obama i disagree. Yes God has control but he also allows us to screw up if we so desire to do so! And God's Holy Will be done-Amen TO THAT! I try to do God's Will and think that you should not Kill babies!

Yea and why are we so worried that Obama is black??? He is An American (if he is which i don't believe) color does not matter so why do we care!! i thought American was past this "color issue". Seriously people drop this color junk! It is so cheap! He isn't black anyway!

Yes God is in control HOWEVER we need to cooperate with His Holy Will.

Edited by princessgianna

I think sitting around trying to figure out "why God would allow" this is a bit of a waste of time. Let's put our plows to the ground and start working on 2012 and fighting the encroachments on the successes of the pro-life movement.

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='kamiller42' post='1694570' date='Nov 5 2008, 04:10 PM']I saw the short term being darker and the longer term brighter. Freedom is no poison.

There are those who argued just war theory can apply and those against. I believe it applies.

The left has used the war costs as an excuse for the budget problems, but there are much greater forces acting on the budgets. The same strategy is tried when they point to the deaths in Iraq war and ignore the number of abortions.[/quote]

Again, I stand by my opinion that the just war theory does not apply here and the long-term outcomes of this war remain to be seen and I am not optimistic. I hope I am wrong and that my concerns are proven to be false.

But from a purely political standpoint and the consequences that it has had on this election, whether or not you believe criticisms and questions about justifications for this war have any weight at all, my point still stands that this war did NOT help public perception of the GOP and McCain's campaign. I'm not saying the war in itself cost the Republicans the election -- I believe McCain's bid crashed primarily with the stock market and no party in office with such a low approval rating is going to stay in power. But the war most definitely did not help. From the average American's perspective, it is hard to explain to them how it is that you are all about "Country First" when you're funneling money and resources into building up a foreign country, exaggerated or not. I think Bush probably had good intentions when he went in, but I do not think it was planned and timed well and the Democrats were able to pounce right on that and twist it around enough that it became "Bush and the GOP's war" -- which I don't think is accurate (lest anyone think I'm really a donkey in disguise.)

Edited by Ash Wednesday

[quote name='kujo' post='1694599' date='Nov 5 2008, 04:35 PM']I think sitting around trying to figure out "why God would allow" this is a bit of a waste of time. Let's put our plows to the ground and start working on 2012 and fighting the encroachments on the successes of the pro-life movement.[/quote]

Word kujo.

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1694633' date='Nov 5 2008, 04:37 PM']But from a purely political standpoint and the consequences that it has had on this election, whether or not you believe criticisms and questions about justifications for this war have any weight at all, my point still stands that this war did NOT help public perception of the GOP and McCain's campaign. I'm not saying the war in itself cost the Republicans the election -- I believe McCain's bid crashed primarily with the stock market and no party in office with such a low approval rating is going to stay in power. But the war most definitely did not help. From the average American's perspective, it is hard to explain to them how it is that you are all about "Country First" when you're funneling money and resources into building up a foreign country, exaggerated or not. I think Bush probably had good intentions when he went in, but I do not think it was planned and timed well and the Democrats were able to pounce right on that.[/quote]
Did Iraq war cost the election? Hmm, interesting though. If it had an effect, it was so small as to be meaningless. It didn't hurt Bush in 2004 when things were are bit hotter over there. Now we have had much success to show plus the 800 pound gorilla in the room called the credit crash. Economy, economy, economy. I think it was so strong that it affected some of these social issues like abortion limits. The pocketbook dominated the mind.

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='kamiller42' post='1694641' date='Nov 5 2008, 05:50 PM']Did Iraq war cost the election? Hmm, interesting though. If it had an effect, it was so small as to be meaningless. It didn't hurt Bush in 2004 when things were are bit hotter over there. Now we have had much success to show plus the 800 pound gorilla in the room called the credit crash. Economy, economy, economy. I think it was so strong that it affected some of these social issues like abortion limits. The pocketbook dominated the mind.[/quote]

No doubt, the pocketbook was number one. I never said the war cost the election. But again I still think it harmed the GOP over the past few years. I think in 2004, this was still just 3 years after 9/11 so Americans were still worried about foreign policy and security. But again when Americans started thinking about money and putting our country first, I don't see how a war overseas is going to help that any.

Do not confuse the use of God as real as opposed to a marketing campaign.

Atheists claim they prayed for Obama, who are they praying to exactly?

Obama was never baptized (no document exists) into the Christian faith and you should spend some time looking into what Black Liberation Theology is.

Here is wikipedia's definition:

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_liberation_theology"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_liberation_theology[/url]

So, he can say God all he wants, just like many Christians confuse that islam's "god" is the same as ours.

Be curious. Look behind the curtain or get stuck with another meaning of the word is, is...

[quote name='kujo' post='1694359' date='Nov 5 2008, 11:18 AM']Democrats have changed that "no God" stance you accuse them of. Obama's campaign made many mentions of his faith and belief in God. Again, we may disagree with his politics and his religious rearing....yet you can't say that the party hasn't wrested the "religious reins" from the Republicans.[/quote]

[quote name='StMichael' post='1694826' date='Nov 5 2008, 08:46 PM']Do not confuse the use of God as real as opposed to a marketing campaign.

Obama was never baptized (no document exists) into the Christian faith and you should spend some time looking into what Black Liberation Theology is.

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_liberation_theology"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_liberation_theology[/url]

So, he can say God all he wants, just like many Christians confuse that islam's "god" is the same as ours.

Be curious. Look behind the curtain or get stuck with another meaning of the word is, is...[/quote]

wow bro, im glad you know his heart and everything about him. why dont you post your document that says your baptised. i dont believe you.

and im pretty sure obama knows the differnce between our GOD and allah.
that is why he confesses Jesus Christ as his personal savior.
he wouldnt do that if he was with allah.
pray that obama and his family get in a good church instead of trying to tear him down.

Edited by Guest

My recommendation to the Republican Party: Ditch the RINO's (Republicans in Name Only). They may look like elephants from far away, but they are much meaner up close.

Get back to supporting REAL Republicans who support the REAL Republican platform. No more of these pseudo-Republican, Kennedy-affiliated candidates like Schwarzenegger. That type of "Republican" ends up selling out the party on its true moral convictions.

Edited by abercius24

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='StMichael' post='1694826' date='Nov 5 2008, 06:46 PM']Do not confuse the use of God as real as opposed to a marketing campaign.

Be curious. Look behind the curtain or get stuck with another meaning of the word is, is...[/quote]
So, because no document exists (that you know of), that means he wasn't baptized? Wow. A lot of things in the world just suddenly stopped being true.

fides quarens intellectum

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1694408' date='Nov 5 2008, 10:52 AM']What the GOP needs is another Newt Gingrich. Love him or hate him, in 1993 he took command of the GOP house members, laid out a clear plan and campaign (10-point "Contract with America") , recruited people, took advantage of Clinton missteps, and once the GOP retook the house, brought most of the "Contract with America" items to a vote (even though many did not succeed).[/quote]

yes!!! and bring back Trent Lott

fides quarens intellectum

[quote name='abercius24' post='1694961' date='Nov 5 2008, 08:19 PM']My recommendation to the Republican Party: Ditch the RINO's (Republicans in Name Only). They may look like elephants from far away, but they are much meaner up close.[/quote]

:lol_roll:

[quote name='StMichael' post='1694826' date='Nov 5 2008, 08:46 PM']Do not confuse the use of God as real as opposed to a marketing campaign.

You don't bring up a single thing that is new or revealing here. He says Jesus Christ is his Lord and Savior.

'Nuff said.

[quote name='abercius24' post='1694961' date='Nov 5 2008, 10:19 PM']My recommendation to the Republican Party: Ditch the RINO's (Republicans in Name Only). They may look like elephants from far away, but they are much meaner up close.

Get back to supporting REAL Republicans who support the REAL Republican platform. No more of these pseudo-Republican, Kennedy-affiliated candidates like Schwarzenegger. That type of "Republican" ends up selling out the party on its true moral convictions.[/quote]

AMEN!!!

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1694975' date='Nov 5 2008, 10:24 PM']So, because no document exists (that you know of), that means he wasn't baptized? Wow. A lot of things in the world just suddenly stopped being true.[/quote]

:lol_roll:

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1694408' date='Nov 5 2008, 10:52 AM']What the GOP needs is another Newt Gingrich. Love him or hate him, in 1993 he took command of the GOP house members, laid out a clear plan and campaign (10-point "Contract with America") , recruited people, took advantage of Clinton missteps, and once the GOP retook the house, brought most of the "Contract with America" items to a vote (even though many did not succeed).[/quote]

One thing I can't forget about Newt is the same sort of thing I can't forget about McCain or Giuliani for that matter--how they treated their wives.

McCain divorced his wife after he returned from Nam and, while a Navy congressional attache, fell in love with a pretty blond heiress--his wife had been in a car wreck and has sustained 23 operations to her legs and pelvis and had lost several inches in height.

Gingrich had an affair while married, and told his wife when she was in hospital after breast cancer surgery that he was divorcing her.

Giuliani open lived with girlfriend who ended up as wife #3 while married to wife #2 and tried to throw wife #2 out of the mayoral mansion so he could live in it with girfriend-wife-#3-to-be. (Well, he does marry them!)

All facts--look it up.

(edited)

Edited by xyzv1

[quote name='xyzv1' post='1695227' date='Nov 6 2008, 12:00 AM']One thing I can't forget about Newt is the same sort of thing I can't forget about McCain or Giuliani for that matter--how they treated their wives.

McCain divorced his wife after he returned from Nam and, while a Navy congressional attache, fell in love with a pretty blond heiress--his wife had been in a car wreck and has sustained 23 operations to her legs and pelvis and had lost several inches in height.

Gingrich had an affair while married, and told his wife when she was in hospital after breast cancer surgery that he was divorcing her.

Giuliani open lived with girlfriend who ended up as wife #3 while married to wife #2 and tried to throw wife #2 out of the mayoral mansion so he could live in it[/quote]

I didn't know any of that.

Hmmm...