An Old School Catholic Message Board

All Things Good Come From God.

jckinsman

Just a quick note: I know some will say that it is Obamas win was good. Tell me that when the reality of what happened last night sets in.

Beyond that, California said "no" to Gay marriage. That is a big positive.

Nancy Pelosi said that a New president must be "center" when he comes into office(I think she's a little nervous herself)

Many Catholics are able to see the "bigger picture" and can see beyond this time to one that is much better for us in the looooong run! (we are talking marathon)

Is there any thing else? Home towns? .....Families? elected? Anything?

Edited by jckinsman

princessgianna

The Church is getting stronger!

Catholics are getting a wake up call!

When we persevere we get stronger!

Remember

Mary Our Mama will crush your Obama!

Excelsior1027

I went to see Our Lord in the perpetual adoration chapel of a parish close by. A lot of things on my mind, to be sure. Last night I was more saddened than I've been in a very long time. So I needed to spend some time with the Lord.

Anyway, at first I was annoyed because there was a little kids choir practicing in the main church, which is on the other side of the wall of the chapel. But--no lie--after I had been sitting there praying for a bit about all this stuff going on, the kids started to practice "God Bless America." I could hardly believe it. What are the odds? God is still in control. Needless to say, Our Lord comforted me greatly. :)

Edited by Excelsior1027

[quote name='Didymus' post='1694670' date='Nov 5 2008, 04:22 PM'][i]NICE!!![/i][/quote]
Got a bright color since my first time to get to use it might be in the snow.

Ash Wednesday

Since the election, I've suddenly developed a keen interest in reading more extensively about various schools of political thought outside of just Republican and Democrat. I really want to inform myself even more than ever before about what's going on out there.

So I look forward to using the internet for more than just hockey and lolcats.

Not that there is anything wrong with those.

[quote name='jckinsman' post='1694611' date='Nov 5 2008, 04:42 PM']Nancy Pelosi said that a New president must be "center" when he comes into office(I think she's a little nervous herself)[/quote]

[img]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/rcignoni/55173-lolwut.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Galloglasses' Alt' post='1694627' date='Nov 5 2008, 04:19 PM']Not American

Apart from news that the Gay marriage Ban in California passed.

Nothing good on my end.[/quote]

[url="http://www.mercurynews.com/samesexmarriage/ci_10901475"]http://www.mercurynews.com/samesexmarriage/ci_10901475[/url]

[quote name='Excelsior1027' post='1694671' date='Nov 5 2008, 05:23 PM']I went to see Our Lord in the perpetual adoration chapel of a parish close by. A lot of things on my mind, to be sure. Last night I was more saddened than I've been in a very long time. So I needed to spend some time with the Lord.

Anyway, at first I was annoyed because there was a little kids choir practicing in the main church, which is on the other side of the wall of the chapel. But--no lie--after I had been sitting there praying for a bit about all this stuff going on, the kids started to practice "God Bless America." I could hardly believe it. What are the odds? God is still in control. Needless to say, Our Lord comforted me greatly. :)[/quote]
Loving That story!

I got to have an amazingly good talk with my girlfriend completely unrelated to politics! It was definitely in the top ten conversations we've had in the past 2 months of dating, probably top 5. Convicted to strive even harder for pure love, especially in regards to purity (we brought up some things we thought we were doing that should be stopped, nothing serious, but DEFINITELY strengthened our relationship.).

:love:

[url="http://www.americancatholic.org/Newsletters/CU/ac0408.asp"]http://www.americancatholic.org/Newsletters/CU/ac0408.asp[/url]

[quote name='Slappo' post='1695515' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:03 AM']I got to have an amazingly good talk with my girlfriend completely unrelated to politics! It was definitely in the top ten conversations we've had in the past 2 months of dating, probably top 5. Convicted to strive even harder for pure love, especially in regards to purity (we brought up some things we thought we were doing that should be stopped, nothing serious, but DEFINITELY strengthened our relationship.).

:love:[/quote]
Praise the Lord, :pray:
The Grace that the Lord has blessed you with,rocks satans world! This what I am talking about! Pure Love, Humble before the Lord and acting on that humility to strive to find the love here on earth that most resembles Gods love for us. We wait because we truly want whats best for the other persons soul. This is so awesome! .....so smiling now! :clap: :clap:

Seeeeeeee! This is Good!