An Old School Catholic Message Board

All Things Good Come From God.

jckinsman

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1695731' date='Nov 6 2008, 11:48 AM']you forgot one awesome law passed: the possession of weed in Missouri has been relegated to be little more of a crime than a traffic ticket; they confiscate it and fine you. :cool:[/quote]
:ohno:

I could link to a debate we had over this. You changed your viewpoint there Mr. Aloysius?

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1696145' date='Nov 6 2008, 08:44 PM']To quote my favorite song, "And I know there'll be days when this life brings me pain, but if that's what it takes to praise You, Jesus, bring the rain." It lets me know I'm alive, and it makes me very grateful for every step I take.[/quote]
You are inspirational! Let us all take notes............not short hand... I mean real notes :smokey:

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1695731' date='Nov 6 2008, 12:48 PM']you forgot one awesome law passed: the possession of weed in Missouri has been relegated to be little more of a crime than a traffic ticket; they confiscate it and fine you. :cool:[/quote]
Well ...... I read a little more on this and I have come to the conculsion that I am glad that I choose not to be high. High people are really a waste of our Lords time and dare I say self serving and really lack personal responsibility and good judgement.

Having said that I have read of many cancer patients respond favorably to this drug,glacoma patients also. The silly notion that we should make it legal is crazy. We should however treat it like all other perscription drugs and prescribe it,where it could be benifcial. No one should be able to grow it and smoke it on there own. Thats crazy talk.Why is this drug any different then all the others out there? So what you are saying is that Pot smokers in missouri have a little less money to buy their pot if caught. I get it! Better then having the officers sit and smoke it with them. Hey, :smokey: that's Good........I think?????

[quote name='jckinsman' post='1696563' date='Nov 7 2008, 03:36 AM']Well ...... I read a little more on this and I have come to the conculsion that I am glad that I choose not to be high. High people are really a waste of our Lords time and dare I say self serving and really lack personal responsibility and good judgement.

Having said that I have read of many cancer patients respond favorably to this drug,glacoma patients also. The silly notion that we should make it legal is crazy. We should however treat it like all other perscription drugs and prescribe it,where it could be benifcial. No one should be able to grow it and smoke it on there own. Thats crazy talk.Why is this drug any different then all the others out there? So what you are saying is that Pot smokers in missouri have a little less money to buy their pot if caught. I get it! Better then having the officers sit and smoke it with them. Hey, :smokey: that's Good........I think?????[/quote]
Legalize pot is unnecessary and will probably lead to more addictions. Drug companies can extract the qualities that make pot beneficial in certain cases and sell it as a pill or other form. Pot proponents don't want that because lighting up is what they want. (I can easily see this being abuse. "I really need it for this illness I have.") Introduce it to society and get them adjusted to the idea of people using pot legally. Next step: "Hey. It's been used by the public for medicinal problems with no problem. Why can't we use it in the privacy of our home?" Incrementalism.

[quote name='kamiller42' post='1696569' date='Nov 7 2008, 04:34 AM']Legalize pot is unnecessary and will probably lead to more addictions. Drug companies can extract the qualities that make pot beneficial in certain cases and sell it as a pill or other form. Pot proponents don't want that because lighting up is what they want. (I can easily see this being abuse. "I really need it for this illness I have.") Introduce it to society and get them adjusted to the idea of people using pot legally. Next step: "Hey. It's been used by the public for medicinal problems with no problem. Why can't we use it in the privacy of our home?" Incrementalism.[/quote]
So can you explain to me what exactly is wrong with marijuana?

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1696577' date='Nov 7 2008, 05:47 AM']So can you explain to me what exactly is wrong with marijuana?[/quote]

there is nothing wrong with marijuana

151 proof liquor is far worse

[quote name='jckinsman' post='1696563' date='Nov 7 2008, 04:36 AM']High people are really a waste of our Lords time and dare I say self serving and really lack personal responsibility and good judgement.[/quote]

drunk peole are far worse

you can smoke small amounts of marijuana and not be intoxicated to...

Edited by Guest

[quote name='jckinsman' post='1696559' date='Nov 7 2008, 03:07 AM']This is true and it does feel good to have it over with. We now know what we need to face and know that this is the Lords answer,because we all prayed so much about this. Underneath it all most of us here ,knew that this is what we deserve because of our sins,but more so since we have been so sinful the Lord Knows what it will take to bring us back to him. We now get the joy of taking up our crosses. We should be pleased that He loves us so much,that He is not willing to let us remain ignorant.

That is GOOD! :saint:[/quote]

how true.
well said.

[quote name='jckinsman' post='1696559' date='Nov 7 2008, 03:07 AM']This is true and it does feel good to have it over with. We now know what we need to face and know that this is the Lords answer,because we all prayed so much about this. Underneath it all most of us here ,knew that this is what we deserve because of our sins,but more so since we have been so sinful the Lord Knows what it will take to bring us back to him. We now get the joy of taking up our crosses. We should be pleased that He loves us so much,that He is not willing to let us remain ignorant.

That is GOOD! :saint:[/quote]

how true.
well said.

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1696577' date='Nov 7 2008, 03:47 AM']So can you explain to me what exactly is wrong with marijuana?[/quote]

It has been shown to double your risk of developing Schizophrenia. This [url="http://www.schizophrenia.com/prevention/streetdrugs.html#can"]Link[/url] from Schizophrenia.com will link you to many research projects on the subject. Living with someone with Schizophrenia has taught me that anything you can do to avoid it, is certainly worthwhile.